+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team for Millwall

Team for Millwall

Have a sneaky feeling Ken will not start but Gunnar and Paterson might. That leaves the Bamba/Manga conundrum. Do they both play and we go 5 at the back or does Manga drop to the bench. This is what I think the team will look like;

Etheridge
    Paterson
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett
    Bryson
    Ralls
    Gunnar
    Hoilett
    Ward
    Mendez Lang

Re: Team for Millwall

Etheridge
    Paterson
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett
    Bryson
    Ralls
    Gunnar
    Hoilett
    Ward
    Mendez Lang.

Strong starting line up ,he may stay loyal though with the team who did us proud at Boro.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Have a sneaky feeling Ken will not start but Gunnar and Paterson might. That leaves the Bamba/Manga conundrum. Do they both play and we go 5 at the back or does Manga drop to the bench. This is what I think the team will look like;

Etheridge
    Paterson
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett
    Bryson
    Ralls
    Gunnar
    Hoilett
    Ward
    Mendez Lang

I think you're right about Ken not starting. However, I think he'll be introduced at around the 75 minutes mark. As for Paterson, I don't see him starting yet. He may get another cameo appearance as he did again Boro, but I doubt he'll start.

Warnock talking down the prospect of either Ken or Gunnar playing in his press conference this morning.

If Millwall are likely to sit deep and try and snuff out our attacks, we might be better resting either Hoilett or Mendez-Laing and giving Tomlin a go. He's more likely to be able to create something, whereas our wingers, who have been excellent this season, might not have the space to use their pace as we've seen this season.

That would also create the opportunity for an injection of pace later on in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Has Paterson earned the right for a start ?

From what Ive seen the defence we have has been outstanding with very few goals conceded.

Millwall haven't won away from home for a long time, I dont see it changing tomorrow. I think Warnock needs to focus on how to break them down - rather worry about the defence selection.

With only Ken and Danny as striking options - we are definitely weak there. Unless Fred is going to turn it around - which doesnt seem likely
    Omar Bogle is ahead of Fred Guonongbe in the striker stakes. He looks sharper in those training day vids on iFollow too.

Etheridge
    Peltier Bamba Morrison Bennett
    NML Ralls Bryson Hoilett
    Tomlin
    Ward.

That's my guess anyway.

I think he'll go Etheridge, Bamba, Manga, Morrison .. Patterson, Ralls, Bryson, Bennett, NML, Hoillet, Ward

5-4-1 becomes 3-4-3

Could just as easily go 3-5-1-1 with Tomlin and Damour in for Hoillet and NML, but I think he likes those 2 to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I think he'll go Etheridge, Bamba, Manga, Morrison .. Patterson, Ralls, Bryson, Bennett, NML, Hoillet, Ward

5-4-1 becomes 3-4-3

Could just as easily go 3-5-1-1 with Tomlin and Damour in for Hoillet and NML, but I think he likes those 2 to start.
    He'll go with the same team as last week - there's no way he's not playing Peltier. Tomorrows going to be a battle. PS I haven't forgotten - honest!