+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: catalunya

Re: catalunya

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Drama queens? Given the Spanish police brutality during the "referendum", can hardly complain those comments are over egging things.
    ye probably, thinking about

"If you buy this shit, well the album's just as bad..."
    I agree it's shit, but it was about the last Spanish civil war ..

Feedback

Nothing to do with independence, everything to do with a club from one nation with a league playing in a league in another nation.

Us = Barca ( Wolves will be upset with that comparison ).

Argument against playing in the Welsh league was historical, Barca will use the same argument.
    its completely different. If Catalunya gains independence then Barcelona will be in a different state, it isn't the same at all

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    ffs, is any message board safe from your anti-Welsh rhetoric?
    ???

anti welsh?

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    its completely different. If Catalunya gains independence then Barcelona will be in a different state, it isn't the same at all
    In terms of playing in a different league, it's identical. A Catalan league could well be created in the future, doesn't mean Barca would be forced to play there.

As far as UEFA, FIFA are concerned, we are independent from England; there wouldn't be a Welsh national side otherwise.

"If you buy this shit, well the album's just as bad..."
    You forgot to add “IMO” 👍

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You forgot to add “IMO” ��
    Sorry.

I guess I meant "If you buy this shit, well the album's just as bad unless you like cliched sixth form politics and slit your arms".

Doesn't quite scan though.

Loads of clubs play in different countries, Kosovo teams play in Serbia, Liechtensteiner in Switzerland, 1 Spanish team plays in France, and Canadian and Mexicans in the US.

Feedback

In terms of playing in a different league, it's identical. A Catalan league could well be created in the future, doesn't mean Barca would be forced to play there.

As far as UEFA, FIFA are concerned, we are independent from England; there wouldn't be a Welsh national side otherwise.
    the 4 home FAs were set up prior to the existence of FIFA and have special status. I doubt no such status will be afforded to the FAC. Why would the Spanish FA let Barca into their league?

the 4 home FAs were set up prior to the existence of FIFA and have special status. I doubt no such status will be afforded to the FAC. Why would the Spanish FA let Barca into their league?
    For one thing it would be a shit league without them. Look at the SPL, a one team league is always garbage...

It wouldn't be only Barcelona either.

Of course it's to do with the EU.

After all, EU has kept peace in Europe for how long now...
    Perhaps you could elaborate ?

This is entirely an internal Spanish crisis. Neither the EU or any foreign country has anything
    to do with it.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Loads of clubs play in different countries, Kosovo teams play in Serbia, Liechtensteiner in Switzerland, 1 Spanish team plays in France, and Canadian and Mexicans in the US.
    I am aware of all that, but you are not seriously comparing the semi independent states of kosovo with Catalunya or a team from a state smaller than Penarth. the spanish teams play in minor local leagues because there is no-one else in the pyrenees near them, ditto north america.

there is no such similarity in Catalunya

Feedback

For one thing it would be a shit league without them. Look at the SPL, a one team league is always garbage...

It wouldn't be only Barcelona either.
    Real Madrid, or Royal Madrid, are sponsored by the Royal family. I wonder how they would take it having Barca - from the independent republic of Catalunya - playing in their league

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post

This is entirely an internal Spanish crisis. Neither the EU or any foreign country has anything
    to do with it.
    It's within the EU is it not?

"We keep peace"

* Violence committed by Spanish police *

"None of our business..."

Doesn't really work as a compelling argument for the EU does it?

It's also not really internal given the declaration of independence either.

EU are f*cked whatever they do tbh. That's why their approach has been a case of sticking their fingers in their ears and pretending nothing is happening.

Fact is, Spanish politicians have been involved in orchestrating violence against the people. THE EU has rules about that kind of thing.

Real Madrid, or Royal Madrid, are sponsored by the Royal family. I wonder how they would take it having Barca - from the independent republic of Catalunya - playing in their league
    I'm sure they'd love virtually guaranteed titles year after year after year as the league declines.

La Liga is defined by the Barcelona - Real rivalry. Without either party being involved... meh.

I am aware of all that, but you are not seriously comparing the semi independent states of kosovo with Catalunya or a team from a state smaller than Penarth. the spanish teams play in minor local leagues because there is no-one else in the pyrenees near them, ditto north america.

there is no such similarity in Catalunya
    you'll just gloss over Canada and Mexico then.

There's no Mexican team in MLS. Canadian, sure.

Feedback

this is football and not ice hockey, basketball or baseball

this is football and not ice hockey, basketball or baseball
    Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver all play in MLS.

It's within the EU is it not?

"We keep peace"

* Violence committed by Spanish police *

"None of our business..."

Doesn't really work as a compelling argument for the EU does it?

It's also not really internal given the declaration of independence either.

EU are f*cked whatever they do tbh. That's why their approach has been a case of sticking their fingers in their ears and pretending nothing is happening.

Fact is, Spanish politicians have been involved in orchestrating violence against the people. THE EU has rules about that kind of thing.
    The Eu has never got itself involved in Northern Ireland has it ?

Even when the Paras shoot loads on Bloody Sunday.

The Eu has only ever been a political organisation and the peace in
    Europe has been a bye product of that.

NATO is what has guaranteed peace and freedom in Europe but has not intervened in the internal affairs of member states.

Your assertions are a mish mash of anti EU nonsense lacking in factual backing. Fake News as the Ginger Numpty would say.

Not true, Athletic Madrid are the team that the Spanish royalty traditional support and is the current kings team.

The Eu has never got itself involved in Northern Ireland has it ?

Even when the Paras shoot loads on Bloody Sunday.

The Eu has only ever been a political organisation and the peace in
    Europe has been a bye product of that.

NATO is what has guaranteed peace and freedom in Europe but has not intervened in the internal affairs of member states.

Your assertions are a mish mash of anti EU nonsense lacking in factual backing. Fake News as the Ginger Numpty would say.
    NATO has of course guaranteed peace. My whole point was that the EU talking shop project is an utter joke. Pedantically, under EU rules Spain could be expelled.

EU is falling to pieces. We're getting out at the right time.

There's no Mexican team in MLS. Canadian, sure.
    My mistake, there used to be but i'm not up to date.

My mistake, there used to be but i'm not up to date.
    Not sure - Chivas were American, a subsidiary team of Guadalajara.

This is entirely an internal Spanish crisis. Neither the EU* or any foreign country has anything
    to do with it.
    *That they are admitting

According to Yanis Varoufakis, the EU is micromanaged by the unelected Eurogroup.