+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Not good enough

Not good enough

No point blaming a poor ref we were just not good enough.
    Defensively we were all over the place. Please go back to a flat back 4 Warnock.
    Nothing created from midfield, Ward offers nothing up top and Mendez Lang promises a lot but delivers now.
    Fingers tightly xed Gunnar and Ken will be back Tuesday.
    One positive, Paterson looks a real asset at full back.

Re: Not good enough

Why are we playing 3 CB at home against a bottom half side?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    No point blaming a poor ref we were just not good enough.
    Defensively we were all over the place. Please go back to a flat back 4 Warnock.
    Nothing created from midfield, Ward offers nothing up top and Mendez Lang promises a lot but delivers now.
    Fingers tightly xed Gunnar and Ken will be back Tuesday.
    One positive, Paterson looks a real asset at full back.
    Felt a bit sorry for Ward actually. Keeper made a fantastic save in 1st half from him after good move. This after keeper made another top save with his feet after a good build up from the by line cross.
    Ward did work his socks off and they were a big side.

Ref not great but we have had worse.
    Game fizzled out a bit 2nd half but we are creating and competing.

Can't win 'em all. Still positive. Roll on Ipswich

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Felt a bit sorry for Ward actually. Keeper made a fantastic save in 1st half from him after good move. This after keeper made another top save with his feet after a good build up from the by line cross.
    Ward did work his socks off and they were a big side.

I like the idea of ward as a playmaker. He has a great work ethic and awareness about him.

But unfortunately good strikers make their own luck. Normally if a keeper is pulling off amazing save after amazing save there is a reason behind it.

I want him to work out but I'm starting to feel like he's just not good enough to ensure goals at this level. So as a lone striker I think we must look elsewhere when Zohore is out.

Crap. Warnock is as stubborn as Slade. ****ing persisting with 3 centre half’s at home to Millwall ffs. Left on 75 couldn’t take anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Crap. Warnock is as stubborn as Slade. ****ing persisting with 3 centre half’s at home to Millwall ffs. Left on 75 couldn’t take anymore.
    Can't remember which pundit but someone commented that more attacking players doesn't necessarily mean more attacking (or effective) football. Not saying this comment applies in this game but perhaps Warnock believed the full-backs should have been more effective, or perhaps didn't trust his bench, or perhaps trusted this team could nick a goal and he needed to save Darmour for the Wurzels.

I thought three of our best players were the subs

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Can't remember which pundit but someone commented that more attacking players doesn't necessarily mean more attacking (or effective) football. Not saying this comment applies in this game but perhaps Warnock believed the full-backs should have been more effective, or perhaps didn't trust his bench, or perhaps trusted this team could nick a goal and he needed to save Darmour for the Wurzels.
    With Peltier as wing back?!??

Perhaps the pundit should watch a tape Of the game and he’ll change his mind.

Damour has been completely frozen out. Saving him my arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    There were plenty of "out of seat" moments today but it just didnt happen for us.
    Their keeper was MOM.

Some people need a reality check and you in particular need to get some perspective.

Leeds and Wolvalona lost.... its the Championship. Its football... shit happens!

Slade and Warnock in the same sentence?