+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fair result, we didn't pass the ball today, Millwall no mugs either

Fair result, we didn't pass the ball today, Millwall no mugs either

They will easily stay up

As for us we played football in the air too much , didn't pass behind the Millwall defence and consequently created very few chances

Cheers to my mate from the hills for the lift

Re: Fair result, we didn't pass the ball today, Millwall no mugs either

Yep, agree.
    Got a stiff neck from watching the ball

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    They will easily stay up

As for us we played football in the air too much , didn't pass behind the Millwall defence and consequently created very few chances

Hopefully Tomlin & Patterson will start against Ipswich.

Bamba & Manga ... lacked composure to an alarming extent.

Millwall should have had a pen in 1st few seconds of 2nd half with last defender (Morrison?) sent off.

A point gained in fact ?

On his post match interview Warnock stated , we missed a Gunnarsson to break them down, errrr try playing Tomlin for more than 15 mins.

A partner for the striker wouldn’t have gone amiss either.

5-3-2 was needed today in my opinion.

We DIS pass the ball.
    Unfortunately, it was mostly to Millwall players.

Especially Manga, who was an accident waiting to happen all match (and always is) and Peltier, who is good defensively but can't pass going forward.

Shame it's not Peltier who is going to be unavailable, because with a back 3 in better conditions Bennett and Paterson will cause the opposition problems with Hoilett and Mendez in front of them.

The table still looks ok but it's the manner of performances that is worrying. One tomlin shot in the whole of the second half? Little creativity and we have looked like this since the first international break tbh. We are not top 2 material which is fine as no one expected it but it's mad how different we have looked in recent weeks to the first 5 games.

Today was the start of a run of 3 home games in 4 against teams around mid table and I was hoping we'd put in a good performance and set ourselves up nicely for the Ipswich, Bristol and Brentford at home. Not to be but fingers crossed we're more on it Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    The table still looks ok but it's the manner of performances that is worrying. One tomlin shot in the whole of the second half? Little creativity and we have looked like this since the first international break tbh. We are not top 2 material which is fine as no one expected it but it's mad how different we have looked in recent weeks to the first 5 games.

Today was the start of a run of 3 home games in 4 against teams around mid table and I was hoping we'd put in a good performance and set ourselves up nicely for the Ipswich, Bristol and Brentford at home. Not to be but fingers crossed we're more on it Tuesday.
    We played like that against Derby before the international break and were not much better against Sheffield Wednesday.

People are talking like we have a god given right to be top of the table!

Look where we were 12 months ago. If anyone had said at the start of the season that we would be third in the table, a point or two off the top two, I would have bitten there arm off.

A brilliant season so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

Look where we were 12 months ago. If anyone had said at the start of the season that we would be third in the table, a point or two off the top two, I would have bitten there arm off.

This.
    None of us expected to be in this position. Millwall parked the bus and we struggled to break them down. Big deal.
    Ward got outmuscled and they were well organised. We’ll go again.
    Even more deluded were the jacks on the Rob Phillips phone in who were calling for their managers head because they lost 2-1 away at Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We played like that against Derby before the international break and were not much better against Sheffield Wednesday.
    Yeah, I said the first international break. Apart from Leeds I don't think we've played like we did v Wolves, Villa, Sheff U at all since the September international break.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    They will easily stay up

I thought Millwall were decent today they kept their shape and looked ok on the break but their keeper saved them from a two or three goal defeat

I think you're allowed to criticise poor performances tbh? No ones saying warnock out, the players are a disgrace etc but you're allowed to say it's been poor for a fair few games? Sheff wed, Derby and today at home, very little in the way of changing it or trying something different.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    I think you're allowed to criticise poor performances tbh? No ones saying warnock out, the players are a disgrace etc but you're allowed to say it's been poor for a fair few games? Sheff wed, Derby and today at home, very little in the way of changing it or trying something different.
    No problem at all. Just trying to put a little perspective on how far we have come in a very short time.

Midfield seems to be the problem, we were fluent at the beginning of the season. Obviously Gunner's injuries haven't helped. Brayson is a neat and tidy player but we were far better and balanced with Damour in the team.

No problem at all. Just trying to put a little perspective on how far we have come in a very short time.
    Agreed, a win on Tuesday and 4/6 will be ok!

As for midfield we need to ditch Ralls this when Gunners is fit and play Bryson along side him

Yes, perspective is fine, but perspective must not mask the current position of a situation.

A prime example could be found in our 2008/09 season. Before the season we would have been delighted with 7th. Having spend virtually the entire season in the top 4, closer to the automatic promotion slots than missing out entirely, 7th was a failure.

a draw was a fair result when you weigh everything up . thought manga was poor today in what I would call a scrappy game . fair play to millwall they didn't come just to park the bus and moved bodies forward at every opportunity . wouldn't get too despondent when you think the moaning minnies from the black country lost to qpr .

lets hope brum can turn over villa tomorrow or should that say today ! what time is it ? lol

If we've are to play 3 at the back id bring Connolly in. We had to try these 3 and in fairness it worked at Boro.

But we need one of them to bring the ball out from defence and Connolly can do that much better.

Personally I don't think the formation works without 2 attack minded full backs / wing backs and Peltier isn't one.

Also if we haven't got Zohore out there then we need support for Ward, so Tomlin must play- or Pilkington.

Seems to me Warnock is setting up not to lose at the moment- or just trying to fit his favourite players in.

One thing in defence of the team today. The wind really did make life difficult, plus some fussy and inconsistent refereeing ( for both sides).

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    If we've are to play 3 at the back id bring Connolly in. We had to try these 3 and in fairness it worked at Boro.

But we need one of them to bring the ball out from defence and Connolly can do that much better.

Personally I don't think the formation works without 2 attack minded full backs / wing backs and Peltier isn't one.

Also if we haven't got Zohore out there then we need support for Ward, so Tomlin must play- or Pilkington.

Seems to me Warnock is setting up not to lose at the moment- or just trying to fit his favourite players in.

One thing in defence of the team today. The wind really did make life difficult, plus some fussy and inconsistent refereeing ( for both sides).
    Wind ? It was n`t windy was it ?

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Yes, it was very windy and it kept changing direction too. Hence loads of over hit and underhit passes.

Just got back.
    From my view behind the Canton goal we did pass the ball very well in attack on a few occasions. Sadly every now and then someone needs to try to score by shooting. Tomlin I think did and the goalkeeper got down to his right to save.
    Please God let’s work the Ipswich keeper on Tuesday 😉

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I thought it was fairly windy down there.