+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Today's virtual football bets, online V. shop prices & winning returns

Today's virtual football bets, online V. shop prices & winning returns

Two different accumulators selected at random placed at William Hill and Betfred.

At William Hill - five team £100 home win accumulator placed on their betting shop coupon:- Watford (11-10), Charlton (8-11), Wigan (5-6), Notts County (evens) and Montrose (8-11) would have returned: £2,297.27.

At William Hill - five team £100 home win accumulator placed at their website:- Watford (21-20), Charlton (4-5), Wigan (10-11), Notts County (13-10) and Montrose (4-6) would have returned: £2,700.41.

At Betfred - five team £100 home win accumulator placed on their betting shop coupon:- Cardiff (4-7), Preston (11-10), Luton (4-5), Lincoln (4-7) and Berwick (4-5) would have returned: £1,680.17.

At Betfred - five team £100 home win accumulator placed at their website:- Cardiff (4-5), Preston (11-8), Luton (evens), Lincoln (8-11) and Berwick (evens) would have returned: £2,953.64.

Ladbrokes and Coral also treat their football betting shop punters like mugs. But as the above example demonstrates, Betfred must view their customers as complete pissants.

Re: Today's virtual football bets, online V. shop prices & winning returns

That's really interesting and must've taken a fair bit of work to calculate.

I can't remember the last sporting punt I had apart from the annual Grand National £10, but this is shocking.

Not a betting man but it seems to me that what's highlighted is that it is cheaper to bet or "shop" online.

Is this such a shock really?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Not a betting man but it seems to me that what's highlighted is that it is cheaper to bet or "shop" online.

The real problem is they ban you if you prove that you won't haemorrhage money to them.

This could explain at least part of the reason why in shop prices are worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    The real problem is they ban you if you prove that you won't haemorrhage money to them.

This could explain at least part of the reason why in shop prices are worse.
    Use Betfair instead; you won't get banned or have limits imposed however much you win. Their overround is always lower than Ladborkes, William Hill, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

I'd guess that if bookmakers were asked to justify the wide disparity in odds they offer on the same football games at different platforms they'd say their shops are more expensive to operate with rents, business rates and staff wages to pay and punters accept lower returns for the convenience and comfort afforded. That sounds friendlier than: 'our High Street punters are generally much less savvy than our online ones and consequently we exploit them like the gullible melons they are.'