+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our line up today.

Our line up today.

Why change to three cb’s? Why change a winning formula? Surely if you’re going to line up like that you need wing backs? Peltier and Bennet aren’t wing backs.

Re: Our line up today.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Why change to three cb’s? Why change a winning formula? Surely if you’re going to line up like that you need wing backs? Peltier and Bennet aren’t wing backs.
    What was the line up at ‘Boro?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    What was the line up at ‘Boro?
    No idea, I wasn’t there. But boro away and Millwall at home are different animals

No idea, I wasn’t there
    Me neither, bit I was led to believe it was the same today as at ‘Boro. That’s all.

We used 3 centre backs in a defensively disciplined back 5 at Boro. Today was an example of Warnock giving a winning team their shirts back when the situation and opposition clearly called for something different.

I phrased the question badly. What I meant was we’ve played most of the season with two, Bamba and Morrison. I can understand changing it for a trip to boro with Gunnar and Ken out, but against Millwall, at home, I would’ve preferred to see an extra midfielder.

I phrased the question badly. What I meant was we’ve played most of the season with two, Bamba and Morrison. I can understand changing it for a trip to boro with Gunnar and Ken out, but against Millwall, at home, I would’ve preferred to see an extra midfielder.
    Agreed 100%

I agree. Sorry if I came over as pedantic or difficult, but was aware the line up was unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I agree. Sorry if I came over as pedantic or difficult, but was aware the line up was unchanged.
    No need to apologise, my question was poorly worded.