+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Player ratings

Player ratings

Etheridge 8. Good saves and handling in difficult conditions.

Peltier 6. He's always 6 or 7

Morrison 5. not his best game, but the best of the 3 centre halfs

Bamba - 4.5shaky , mistake ridden and lucky to get 4,5

Manga 4- as Bamba, only worse. Doesn't seem to communicate at all with the other players. Seems half asleep. Such a talented player on the ball, but so inconsistent defensively

Bennett- 6 did OK whilst on

Ralls- 5 not his best game, worked hard but never really got a grip. Difficult day for him

Bryson - 6, similar to Ralls but gets an extra point for some superb defensive work in the 1st half whilst others were panicking

NML- 6 had a go but let himself down with poor touches and final ball. Summed up a lot of what we did

Hoillet- 6 some great shielding and ball control, good tackles punctuated by awful decision making and passing. Unlucky not to score- denied by an excellent save

Ward 5- missed his chance. Maybe I'm being harsh as the service was shocking, but he should have scored when through and that would have changed the game

Subs- Tomlin 6 only bright spot of 2nd half was his well saved shot, but stupid booking and waste of time with keeper, Patterson 8 and either him or Etheridge mom, Bogle 5 ineffective

Re: Player ratings

Agree entirely with this.

It was clear after the first 20 minutes Ralls does not have the physical side to his game and we lost the midfield quite early.

Quite an obvious change would’ve been is Bamba to DM Ralls to CM and Bryson to AM in my opinion.

Shows how much we missed Gunnarsson and Zohore

I would have given Morrison 6. He must have wondered what was going on with Manga and Bamba.
    Bennett. A 4 or 5. Some of his decision making is awful.

Patterson looks very promising.

Overall, a disappointing performance. Too many players off their game and doing sill things. Only a few instances of playing good passing football.

No point talking about how good players are in training if they don't play or then don't perform on the day.

Only one Id disagree with is Peltier. He was worth a 5 at best.

Agree with your comments on Ward. He shouldn't be judged on his worth based on that performance. He didn't stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Only one Id disagree with is Peltier. He was worth a 5 at best.

Agree with your comments on Ward. He shouldn't be judged on his worth based on that performance. He didn't stand a chance.
    Hoilett looked quality first half ,NML looks like he can change a game with his pace , great attribute in a footballer.

Why did we wait so long to see Tomlin when Bryson and Ralls were pretty much ineffectual yesterday ?
    He has skill , a great eye for a pass, takes a great shot,ruffles defenders,looks the real deal to my untrained eye,another game changer.

Etheridge 7.5
    Peltier 6
    Morrison 5.5
    Bamba 6
    Manga 5
    Bennett 5
    Bryson 6
    Ralls 6
    NML 6.5
    Ward 5
    Hoilett 6

Patterson 7.5
    Bogle 5
    Tomlin 6

I'd be a little more generous to Hoillet and Etheridge. Hoillett and Paterson were our only attacking threats.

Etheridge 8
    Peltier 6
    Morrison 5.5
    Bamba 4
    Manga 4
    Bennett 5
    Bryson 6
    Ralls 5
    NML 6.5
    Ward 5
    Hoilett 8

Patterson 7.5
    Bogle 5
    Tomlin 6

Why we played 3 at the back at home baffles me. Warnock seems to make brilliant tactical decisions , like at Middlesbrough last week, and then a stupidly baffling one like yesterday. If you've got 3 centre back then the full backs have to play forward and wide. Bennett was always tucking in and playing narrow and Peltier just can't do that role. A flat back four with an extra midfielder would have been more creative. Mind you with Ward up front we still wouldn't have scored.

All the money we spent this summer has been on the bench usually, Ward, Bogle, Patterson and Tomlin, over £4m worth. I think Patterson and Tomlin have a chance to make it but not the other two.

It'll be interesting to see the line up on Tuesday. Which one will be left out , Manga or Bamba? They were both awful yesterday.

Just read player ratings on Wales Online for this match. Gave Bamba a 8 MOM performance