+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I know it's only me, BUT I think Hoillet & NML have shot their bolt !!

I know it's only me, BUT I think Hoillet & NML have shot their bolt !!

There, I've said it, BUT I honestly believe these two are in the comfort zone of knowing they are the first names on the teamsheet because they can "RUN FAST". !

Well I'm sorry, BUT both were "PI$$ POOR" yesterday, and one, IF NOT both should have been substituted to make way for a bit of guile & craft.

Go on, tell me I'm talking bollocks, BUT when did either beat a man and put in a positive cross yesterday.

Drop the pair of 'um on Tuesday, or we'll have more of the same lack lustre performances.

They are in the "COMFORT ZONE"

PS:------ Give PILKS a chance

"ALL WE ARE SAYING, IS GIVE PILKS A CHANCE"

Re: I know it's only me, BUT I think Hoillet & NML have shot their bolt !!

Perhaps it's the case of other teams figuring out that they are the main threat and going all out to shut them down ie putting two defenders on one of them when they come down the flank.

Hoilett closing down the Sunderland keeper produced one of our best chances from open play one game ago - hardly in the comfort zone.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Hoilett closing down the Sunderland keeper produced one of our best chances from open play one game ago - hardly in the comfort zone.
    ** Middlesbrough

All the team had a bit of an off day yesterday , no need to panic

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    There, I've said it, BUT I honestly believe these two are in the comfort zone of knowing they are the first names on the teamsheet because they can "RUN FAST". !

Well I'm sorry, BUT both were "PI$$ POOR" yesterday, and one, IF NOT both should have been substituted to make way for a bit of guile & craft.

Go on, tell me I'm talking bollocks, BUT when did either beat a man and put in a positive cross yesterday.

Drop the pair of 'um on Tuesday, or we'll have more of the same lack lustre performances.

Agree with you up to a point.
    Teams have done their homework on our boys and we have to try and find ways in which to break teams down, especially when they park the bus.

The referee, though I have seen worse, did seem to favour both defences and the 'wall took more advantage of his stance.
    I feel sorry for offensive minded teams when this is the case.

Don't forget that we created 3 great chances yesterday 1st half all of which were only matched by their keeper.
    One of those goes in and the whole dynamic of the game changes... they have to press more thus leaving space to exploit at the back.

It's not time for any drastic action just yet, although I do think Pilkington should be given a shot soon. This time a year ago he was our best player and I think he still has something to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Hoilett closing down the Midds keeper produced one of our best chances from open play one game ago - hardly in the comfort zone.
    Yes.
    There is so much more to a striker than creating and scoring goals.
    Work ethic is good from JH and NM-L.

Our Neil got his formation spot on for a tough away game at Middlesbrough. However he got it badly wrong at home against a limited Millwall who were always going to try to win the midfield battle.

Without Gunna we need Damour in the team and at home Tomlin to unlock packed defenses.

Don't think NML and David J are the problem, after all they were the difference against the mighty Wolvesalona and former European greats Leeds.

We are never going to beat teams who park the bus playing five at the back and only two lightweight central midfielders.

Forget Pilks the club want him gone and a speedy winger he ain't.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Not panicking, but the off days do seem to be coming more regular.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Callum Patterson has played striker and has scored goals recently, so why not give him a chance up front, maybe with Tomlin behind him?

It would be a surprise not to see darmour play against the Wurzels considering his impact in all the big games so far; it would be a suprise not to see Tomlin against ipswich who will also be a functional side and hard to beat, but even when flying earlier in the season were clinical rather than creative.

I wonder if Warnock's formation and personal choice yesterday was about managing the three games in relatively short period of time.

A number of teams are looking forward to the January window now. I always think of this winter part of the season as a season in itself where the football is always a little bit more of a battle.

Damour not playing has been pretty harsh in him to be honest, was a big part of our good start to the season.

Problem we have is that Zohore, even if not scoring, is a major handful physically for defenders - ties them up creating gaps for others. Ward's a decent player but more one that buzzes around defenders rather than be a physical lump. If up to speed and the light bulb has started working, then Fred is the direct replacement for Zohore.

Without that space created by Zohore, Hoilett and NML have to make their own space. I'm not convinced they are as effective doing that - but we lack options out wide. Maybe Paterson for NML could be one but even if Kads was fit, he's just a lesser quality Hoilett. The only different wide player we have we loaned out to Portsmouth.

I agree with the OP re Toilet who's a huff and puff merchant. Yesterday was truly dreadful other than the last 20 minutes of the first half it was a tedious aerial hoofball contest that was of basement standard.

Love watching NML though, always feel like something is going to happen when he has the ball.
    Didn’t yesterday mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    And Birmingham..

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Perhaps it's the case of other teams figuring out that they are the main threat and going all out to shut them down ie putting two defenders on one of them when they come down the flank.
    You got it , add to that we have :

Lost the surprise factor.

Players cannot be expected to deliver week on week within a small squad situation.

We have no real playmakers.

Zohore has no real replacement Ward is not the answer.

Teams see us a threat and our forwards have/had them scared so they do what Millwall and Derby did come for a draw try nick a win .

Against better sides and away from home we will have more chances as they will attack us and leave us some chances.

Still think the squad is thin hurry back Harris, Healey, even Pilks on the bench.

Patterson looks a good buy couldn't believe how big and strong he was, play him up top??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You got it , add to that we have :

Lost the surprise factor.

Players cannot be expected to deliver week on week within a small squad situation.

We have no real playmakers.

Zohore has no real replacement Ward is not the answer.

Teams see us a threat and our forwards have/had them scared so they do what Millwall and Derby did come for a draw try nick a win .

Against better sides and away from home we will have more chances as they will attack us and leave us some chances.

Still think the squad is thin hurry back Harris, Healey, even Pilks on the bench.

Patterson looks a good buy couldn't believe how big and strong he was, play him up top??
    I think he can play anywhere and look good,quality player.

give Pilkington a chance?

LOL!!!!!! (NO EMOJI LAUGHS HARD ENOUGH)

Ralls was crap as well seems to allow players to go past him without making any challenge, won’t shoot and gives the ball away

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    And Birmingham..
    And Derby.

I'd have Paterson in for NML. He's good enough to play further forward. Look to bring NML on for Hoilett later on in games.

Ideal for me would have been Kennedy and Paterson wide - sure, Kennedy lacks the pace of Hoilett but his delivery has been superb from the games I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    I'd have Paterson in for NML. He's good enough to play further forward...
    Since yesterday, that makes every position apart from goalkeeper that he's been touted for, probably only because Etheridge had a good game.

He's had 60 minutes of first team football! Yes he looks a find but all of a sudden we are dropping half the first team to accommodate him.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Since yesterday, that makes every position apart from goalkeeper that he's been touted for, probably only because Etheridge had a good game.

He's had 60 minutes of first team football! Yes he looks a find but all of a sudden we are dropping half the first team to accommodate him.
    He's no David Brooks is he

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

He's been playing enough in DVP to show he's physically recovered from the knee injury. He needs game time to get fully match fit - more up to speed of things than anything else.

He was bought to be a regular first team starter, not to be on the bench - he's giving us something different at this point in time. I personally don't think he can be left out.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    He's been playing enough in DVP to show he's physically recovered from the knee injury. He needs game time to get fully match fit - more up to speed of things than anything else.

He was bought to be a regular first team starter, not to be on the bench - he's giving us something different at this point in time. I personally don't think he can be left out.

Don't be shocked if he's tried at centre forward if young Ken doesnt get his mojo back .