+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Millwall....Fair play to them..the travelling fans are not that bad!

Millwall....Fair play to them..the travelling fans are not that bad!

In my first class coach yesterday they were very pleasant and had a great sense of humour. Talked football all the way back and struggled to get over their lack of goals this season on the road. 2 both in one game!
    Some upgraded when asked. Others refused to pay and had the police called out in force at Reading station on arrival.
    However the train crew and manager were changed at Swindon so i imagine they avoided arrest.
    Ever since I was 6 it has amused me that first class travel does not exist between Newport and Cardiff.

Re: Millwall....Fair play to them..the travelling fans are not that bad!

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    In my first class coach yesterday they were very pleasant and had a great sense of humour. Talked football all the way back and struggled to get over their lack of goals this season on the road. 2 both in one game!
    Some upgraded when asked. Others refused to pay and had the police called out in force at Reading station on arrival.
    However the train crew and manager were changed at Swindon so i imagine they avoided arrest.
    Ever since I was 6 it has amused me that first class travel does not exist between Newport and Cardiff.
    You're not a plasterer AA2 are you by any chance?....

https://youtu.be/gXuRvthgn4U

[QUOTE=MacAdder;4800398]You're not a plasterer AA2 are you by any chance?....

No not a plasterer but often plastered. G and T style.
    If you want a money reference I get my pension in December about £9k a year.
    Taken two years early so I don't have to pay in for the next two years. They have made me pay in around 8k a year to their Government approved pension Ponzi scheme.
    So do the math .... for the next two years I am 17k better off but they will tax me at 21% on the 9k pension.
    With my senior citizens card one third off I intend staying in first class on the trains with the cheapish weekend upgrade.
    Hope they can get the trains running faster. It took 4 and half hours Cardiff to Gatwick last night.

[QUOTE=AlwaysAway2;4800402]
    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Taken two years early so I don't have to pay in for the next two years. They have made me pay in around 8k a year to their Government approved pension Ponzi scheme.
    So do the math .... for the next two years I am 17k better off but they will tax me at 21% on the 9k pension.
    With my senior citizens card one third off I intend staying in first class on the trains with the cheapish weekend upgrade.
    Hope they can get the trains running faster. It took 4 and half hours Cardiff to Gatwick last night.
    Slightly more information than I'd bargained for but thanks for the heads up anyway

Can't see trains vastly improving but i guess you'll have plenty of free newspapers, be more comfortable reading them and free of plebs, up to Newport anyway

Went to Cornwall last year and was staying in a B+B with a group of ‘Wall fans.
    Great laugh and a top bunch, didn’t mind Cardiff City at all.

They were fighting with Cardiff fans outside the away end after the match tho

[QUOTE=AlwaysAway2;4800402]
    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

I had 4 friends from Jersey as my guests in the Ricoh on Saturday.
    They all ended up plastered.

n.b half were Rangers supporters half were Celtic, no trouble.

There was a table of Millwall supporters just to our left , no trouble either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Went to Cornwall last year and was staying in a B+B with a group of ‘Wall fans.
    Great laugh and a top bunch, didn’t mind Cardiff City at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    They were fighting with Cardiff fans outside the away end after the match tho
    always had a mutual respect, in the old days i had a good few nights out with 'wall lads