+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FusionGPS

FusionGPS

It looks like the company behind the Trump Russian Dossier could be a little bit more than an opposition research company, they may even be seeding the MSM and news agencies such as Reuters with fake news reports. It seems their speciality is smear campaigns and propaganda. No wonder their chairman pleaded the 5th amendment during a recent congressional hearing. I bet the Donald Trump thread is full of examples of their handiwork

Re: FusionGPS

I'm guessing Trump knew the truth about FusionGPS and CNN when this little confrontation took place. It all makes sense now, they really are Fake News!

Doesn’t really tell you much that link does it ?

Except Donald Trumps likes regurgitating the phrase ‘Fake News’

Does this mean Donald is right

Dirty pants wherever you look IMO.
    It will - or may - all come out in the wash.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Does this mean Donald is right
    Most certainly regarding CNN, and highly likely with Reuters news agency. The thing is FusionGPS aren't the only ones manipulating the news that we read, it seems to be quite common place. There are too many cosy relationships where there shouldn't be, and the press gave up being objective years ago. These days it's all agenda driven, you choose your side and promote the cause.

FusionGPS bank records are on their way to the congressional comittee responsible for investigating Russian influence, after a secret deal was reached.

FusionGPS paying journalists to write articles?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...dossier-court/

How do you know that I am not self censoring says Mar - he replies - "Im sure you believe everything your saying but what I am saying is that if you believe something different you wouldnt be sitting where youre sitting" ouch

Dont know much about Chomsky other than that he seems to have lost his way apparently when it comes to Jihadism etc

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    FusionGPS paying journalists to write articles?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...dossier-court/
    In the interest of 'balance' , I don't recall you ever getting so excited about Mercer funding Cambridge Analytica for example?

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    In the interest of 'balance' , I don't recall you ever getting so excited about Mercer funding Cambridge Analytica for example?
    I thought he was a shareholder?

Why not refresh our memories who is Mecer and who is Cambridge Analytica

Most certainly regarding CNN, and highly likely with Reuters news agency. The thing is FusionGPS aren't the only ones manipulating the news that we read, it seems to be quite common place. There are too many cosy relationships where there shouldn't be, and the press gave up being objective years ago. These days it's all agenda driven, you choose your side and promote the cause.
    What did The Donald say of CNN and Reuters ? and how was he right ? - I cant keep up with all the updates

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Why not refresh our memories who is Mecer and who is Cambridge Analytica
    Cambridge Analytica (CA) is a privately held company that combines data mining and data analysis with strategic communication for the electoral process. It was created in 2013 as an offshoot of its British parent company SCL Group to participate in American politics. In 2014, CA was involved in 44 U.S. political races. The company is partly owned by the family of Robert Mercer, an American hedge-fund manager who supports many politically conservative causes. The firm maintains offices in New York City, Washington, D.C., and London.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    What did The Donald say of CNN and Reuters ? and how was he right ? - I cant keep up with all the updates
    Donald didn't say anything, it was investigative reporters who made the connection and congress subpoenaed FusionGPS bank records to see who and what they were up too. The matter is ongoing.

As an aside, journalists from CNN used to work with the owners of FusionGPS at the WSJ, and they are still best buddies.

In short, Washington DC is very swampy.

And to answer your question I'm not really concerned about CA, it's the paying of top MSM journalists to plant ficticious stories for political gain that is quite alarming.

Cambridge Analytica (CA) is a privately held company that combines data mining and data analysis with strategic communication for the electoral process. It was created in 2013 as an offshoot of its British parent company SCL Group to participate in American politics. In 2014, CA was involved in 44 U.S. political races. The company is partly owned by the family of Robert Mercer, an American hedge-fund manager who supports many politically conservative causes. The firm maintains offices in New York City, Washington, D.C., and London.
    And !.. was gifted to the Brexit Leave campaign by a foreign influence, and ..was instrumental in getting Trump increased popularity via Social Media.
    You forgot to mention the meaty bit.

And to answer your question I'm not really concerned about CA, it's the paying of top MSM journalists to plant ficticious stories for political gain that is quite alarming.
    TBF, I think most folks have worked out what you happen to be concerned, and not concerned about, by now ;)

TBF, I think most folks have worked out what you happen to be concerned, and not concerned about, by now ;)
    Yep, corruption of the political process. Drain the swamp! It's time that the citizens got their voices back.