+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lewis Hamilton. World Champion

Lewis Hamilton. World Champion

for the 4th time. First brit to ever do that.

Has to be favourite for Sports Personality as well I guess.

Re: Lewis Hamilton. World Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Congratulations Lewis on having the fastest car.

I usually overtake Micras on the motorway - do I get an enormous bottle of champagne?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Congratulations Lewis on having the fastest car.

I usually overtake Micras on the motorway - do I get an enormous bottle of champagne?
    That must be why Ferrari and Red Bull have been quicker at several tracks this season. Must also be why the Mercs have trouble when following other cards...

good luck to him

if ever you want evidence of someone having the chance and being groomed to be a success ( in his car being a race car driver ) he is that person young and gifted ? ? ? or just pushed heavily to achieve ? ? ?

As a Brit I really want to be happy for him but he seems such an obnoxious flashy **** that it's really difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    As a Brit I really want to be happy for him but he seems such an obnoxious flashy **** that it's really difficult.
    THIS - I really don't want him to succeed

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    That must be why Ferrari and Red Bull have been quicker at several tracks this season. Must also be why the Mercs have trouble when following other cards...
    The only way to see who’s the better driver is to get them all to drive identical cars. The simple fact is it’s down to whoever’s got the better car. I remember going back a few years when Button won the championship. Up to that point he’d barely been a contender. Then he gets the best car and suddenly he’s a great driver.

Obviously there’s a lot of driving ability involved but if Lewis Hamilton was in one of the weaker cars then he wouldn’t win a thing.

The only way to see who’s the better driver is to get them all to drive identical cars. The simple fact is it’s down to whoever’s got the better car. I remember going back a few years when Button won the championship. Up to that point he’d barely been a contender. Then he gets the best car and suddenly he’s a great driver.

Obviously there’s a lot of driving ability involved but if Lewis Hamilton was in one of the weaker cars then he wouldn’t win a thing.
    Using your logic do you think Ramsey would have won anything if he'd had stayed with us?

Why didn’t Bottas win or even come second then??

I can't decide which is the more boring, men going around in circles in a car, or men trying to hit a small ball into a small hole on a lawn.

Sport my arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Why didn’t Bottas win or even come second then??
    Bottas can still come second, he's not that far off Vettel.

Identical car thing will never happen - Sky tried that with the A1 series and people just didn't care. F1 will always be part sport, part technical innovation.

The "best car" comment about the Mercs I don't believe this season. It's great when in clear air but has problems when having to follow, especially on certain tracks. Red Bull has improved a lot, reliability imo has hurt them. Ferrari seem to be there or there abouts, but Vettel has really turned into a whiny little bitch this season.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I can't decide which is the more boring, men going around in circles in a car, or men trying to hit a small ball into a small hole on a lawn.

Sport my arse.

You missed out men kicking a bag of wind into a net

You missed out men kicking a bag of wind into a net
    When did you see us "KICK IT INTO THE NET"

I'm starting to think our name is "Cardiff City Nil"

International

Alonso said part of the proof of how good Hamilton is was in 2 seasons he won races when he was driving an inferior car.
    His driving ability in the wet is above and beyond what anyone else can acheive and that's not the car.
    He has produced single lap times in qualifying that even Mercedes mechanics were baffled by, because they said the car shouldn't have been capable of it.
    His race-craft is supurb.
    These are some of the things that make him better then the others, not the car.

If Alonso is saying that then only a fool can claim Hamilton isn't superb.

Alonso has been performing miracles in the McLaren, a car most notable for not having a f*cking engine in it...

IMO Alonso is the best based on pure talent. Hamilton is definitely up there. Vettel is definitely good but displaying his anger management issues.

If Alonso is saying that then only a fool can claim Hamilton isn't superb.

Alonso has been performing miracles in the McLaren, a car most notable for not having a f*cking engine in it...

IMO Alonso is the best based on pure talent. Hamilton is definitely up there. Vettel is definitely good but displaying his anger management issues.
    Vettel obviously has issues. His behaviour has been shocking this year. Needs to grow up.

Vettel obviously has issues. His behaviour has been shocking this year. Needs to grow up.
    I just get the feeling he's been indulged for so long he feels he's a divine right...

Last race, hit Verstappen, hit Hamilton, no penalty. I know he's in a Ferrari so thus immune to normal rules but even so...

I just get the feeling he's been indulged for so long he feels he's a divine right...

Last race, hit Verstappen, hit Hamilton, no penalty. I know he's in a Ferrari so thus immune to normal rules but even so...
    Not forgetting when he drove in to Hamilton a few races ago, no penalty. Quite shocking.

Not forgetting when he drove in to Hamilton a few races ago, no penalty. Quite shocking.
    Spats with Verstappen, spats with anyone who won't roll over.

He's like a grumpy old guy on the motorway these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Mike, you're starting to like American sports and now talking like one!