+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lewis Hamilton. World Champion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Lewis Hamilton. World Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    for the 4th time. First brit to ever do that.

Has to be favourite for Sports Personality as well I guess.
    Congratulations Lewis on having the fastest car.

I usually overtake Micras on the motorway - do I get an enormous bottle of champagne?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Congratulations Lewis on having the fastest car.

I usually overtake Micras on the motorway - do I get an enormous bottle of champagne?
    That must be why Ferrari and Red Bull have been quicker at several tracks this season. Must also be why the Mercs have trouble when following other cards...

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    That must be why Ferrari and Red Bull have been quicker at several tracks this season. Must also be why the Mercs have trouble when following other cards...
    The only way to see who’s the better driver is to get them all to drive identical cars. The simple fact is it’s down to whoever’s got the better car. I remember going back a few years when Button won the championship. Up to that point he’d barely been a contender. Then he gets the best car and suddenly he’s a great driver.

Obviously there’s a lot of driving ability involved but if Lewis Hamilton was in one of the weaker cars then he wouldn’t win a thing.

The only way to see who’s the better driver is to get them all to drive identical cars. The simple fact is it’s down to whoever’s got the better car. I remember going back a few years when Button won the championship. Up to that point he’d barely been a contender. Then he gets the best car and suddenly he’s a great driver.

Obviously there’s a lot of driving ability involved but if Lewis Hamilton was in one of the weaker cars then he wouldn’t win a thing.
    Using your logic do you think Ramsey would have won anything if he'd had stayed with us?

Why didn’t Bottas win or even come second then??

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Why didn’t Bottas win or even come second then??
    Bottas can still come second, he's not that far off Vettel.

Identical car thing will never happen - Sky tried that with the A1 series and people just didn't care. F1 will always be part sport, part technical innovation.

The "best car" comment about the Mercs I don't believe this season. It's great when in clear air but has problems when having to follow, especially on certain tracks. Red Bull has improved a lot, reliability imo has hurt them. Ferrari seem to be there or there abouts, but Vettel has really turned into a whiny little bitch this season.