+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT: Request for anyone handy with audio editing soiftware...

OT: Request for anyone handy with audio editing soiftware...

Looking to extract just the speech from this short audio clip that I've uploaded to Dropbox. Want to add it to a video I'm making. Is there anyone here who able and kind enough to do so? Would be much appreciated :)

Re: OT: Request for anyone handy with audio editing soiftware...

I can help

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I can help
    Legend! Meant to paste the link in first time round!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t6fu4fcgo1...rack1.mp3?dl=0

Huge thanks in advance :)

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    Legend! Meant to paste the link in first time round!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t6fu4fcgo1...rack1.mp3?dl=0

Huge thanks in advance :)
    Ok, how do I send it to you? What works for you?

Email if that's easiest for you? Will drop you a pm now with my address. If not let me know what's the best way for you to send it over :)

Email if that's easiest for you? Will drop you a pm now with my address. If not let me know what's the best way for you to send it over :)

Cheers for the email mate, just replied to you though as the clip still seems to have the background music? Not sure if you attached the wrong file or if I didn't explain it very well in the OP?

Cheers for the email mate, just replied to you though as the clip still seems to have the background music? Not sure if you attached the wrong file or if I didn't explain it very well in the OP?
    Are you asking to separate the speech from the music on the same audio file? That is very very difficult to do if your thinking that.

I thought you just wanted to extract audio from a video.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Are you asking to separate the speech from the music on the same audio file? That is very very difficult to do if your thinking that.

I thought you just wanted to extract audio from a video.
    Yeah, I misinterpreted. I can isolate the music and remove the speech but doing it the other way round is beyond me.

Yeah, I misinterpreted. I can isolate the music and remove the speech but doing it the other way round is beyond me.
    Yeah sorry, I wasn't very clear! Thanks anyway both, think I should be able to make it work with the backgorund music which Lardy has very kindly managed to reduce slightly anyway

Is the track stereo or mono?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Is the track stereo or mono?
    Stereo I believe! At least that's what Audacity recognises it as when I open the mp3 using the software. I've had a go myself as well before asking here and got rid of most of the music but the voice becomes a tad distorted.

Stereo I believe! At least that's what Audacity recognises it as when I open the mp3 using the software. I've had a go myself as well before asking here and got rid of most of the music but the voice becomes a tad distorted.
    You may need some forensic voice enhancement software, but keep trying with your original method. Use some different adjustments, etc.

I take it you have read this? .. http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/t...isolation.html

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You may need some forensic voice enhancement software, but keep trying with your original method. Use some different adjustments, etc.

I take it you have read this? .. http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/t...isolation.html
    Cheers mate, will have a look into it but if it gets too complex for my knowledge I'll just make do with what I've managed so far.

Yeah, followed that same link, ta