+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bryson/Damour?

Bryson/Damour?

Who would you go for?

In the very early part of the season we played with pace and good movement, Damour was usually central to a lot of that. I think Bryson has done "okay" but for me Damour has more to his game.

Bryson runs a lot but just doesn't seem to win the 50/50 balls in the middle of the park and looks a little lightweight. Admittedly, he saved a possible goal in the second half of the Millwall game with a timely tackle in the box but he doesn't carry the ball anywhere near as effectively as Damour and Bryson's passing rarely opens up the opposition.

As I said, Bryson runs a lot, but much of the time he's unnecessarily wasting energy, chasing the ball while the opposition move it in triangles around him, with very little hope of getting it.
    My only criticism of Damour is that when he starts a game he tends to run out of steam by about the 70 minutes mark, however, I think that's probably due to him playing in the more languid French second tier, I'm sure he can soon overcome that as he builds up his stamina.

So, yeah ... I'd like to see Damour back instead of Bryson.

Re: Bryson/Damour?

I’d play both if Gunnars is still injured and drop Ralls who constantly watches players run past him without putting a foot in almost like Whitts

On Tuesday Damour, Ralls and Tomlin for me. Bench Brayson who I agree appears lightweight and go with a back four as Ward needs more support and play the ball to feet.

I just get the feeling the only changes will be once brought about by injury or return from injury.

Tomlin and Damour must be wondering what they have to drink to get a start.

I agree, our manager keeps referring to how strong the squad is but as you say the only changes made are for injuries. I fail to see that Brayson is better than either Damour or Tomlin.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I just get the feeling the only changes will be once brought about by injury or return from injury.

Tomlin and Damour must be wondering what they have to drink to get a start.
    Agree. Last season he was constantly moaning about his lack of depth to the squad, now he’s got decent options to rotate the squad a bit, he fails to use it. We’ve not been creating much lately but the starting line up lately doesn’t change, the game was crying out for Tomlin to start on Saturday against Millwall but yet again he uses a CB in midfield, it puzzled my why we set up very defensively against one of the lesser teams in our division, at home too!

He’s got his favourites and it looks like he’s not willing to upset either Bamba or Manga by dropping them so he makes up a position for Bamba. I’d be gutted if I was Tomlin or Damour who are proper midfielders to see a CB starting there instead of them.

I'd go for Ledley,Derby haven't lost since he signed,go for him in January,I'm sure he'd prefer to come home?£

Bryson Damour
    Ra da da da da
    Ken Zohore

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    Agree. Last season he was constantly moaning about his lack of depth to the squad, now he’s got decent options to rotate the squad a bit, he fails to use it. We’ve not been creating much lately but the starting line up lately doesn’t change, the game was crying out for Tomlin to start on Saturday against Millwall but yet again he uses a CB in midfield, it puzzled my why we set up very defensively against one of the lesser teams in our division, at home too!

He’s got his favourites and it looks like he’s not willing to upset either Bamba or Manga by dropping them so he makes up a position for Bamba. I’d be gutted if I was Tomlin or Damour who are proper midfielders to see a CB starting there instead of them.
    You have hit the note with regards to keeping Bamba and Manga happy ,that is effecting selection ,it does however provides solid defensive unit , if Bamba is to be kept in that spot we should then select the more adventurous midfielders not defensive minded ones.

On the point of Bamba his effect on the teams morale shouldn't be underestimated and Manga doesn't deserve to be benched .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You have hit the note with regards to keeping Bamba and Manga happy ,that is effecting selection ,it does however provides solid defensive unit , if Bamba is to be kept in that spot we should then select the more adventurous midfielders not defensive minded ones.

On the point of Bamba his effect on the teams morale shouldn't be underestimated and Manga doesn't deserve to be benched .
    It’s about what’s best for the dynamic of team not about who deserves what.

Leeds aside since Bamba and Manga are both in the team it’s upset that dynamic.

I was willing to give Byson more time as he had a solid start (note I said solid start not PLAYER OF THE MONTH start because that was a over exaggeration).

However he is not on the same level of service as Damour. Full of running but that's it I'm afraid. Damour has running and skill - not to mention he doesn't commit a foul every single tackle attempt.

Damour has to come first for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post

He said after the Preston defeat he was going to rotate the squad and had stayed too loyal to a winning team, yet injuries aside he’s done no rotating at all.

It must piss those on the bench off who are seeing players not play well but keep their place week after week.

Damour gets dropped when he’s been playing well, yet Ralls and Bryson can put in anonymous performances and still get picked week in, week out.

I'd say Damour must be spitting feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    I'd say Damour must be spitting feathers.
    lol I had to look that saying up, you are showing your age a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    lol I had to look that saying up, you are showing your age a bit
    Yup, some of us old farts are still alive...

I like Bryson, but we've become a worse team since he has come into the side.

I'd go with Damour for an hour then bring on Tomlin, depending on here the game is shaping up. Quite like Damour TBH

Ralls, Gunnar and Tomlin .

If Gunnar not fit then Bryson.

Damour on for Tomlin later

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I’d play both if Gunnars is still injured and drop Ralls who constantly watches players run past him without putting a foot in almost like Whitts
    Whilst Indont want to slate players Ralls has lost his form that he had. He can’t do the donkey work that a central midfielder requires.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Whilst I dont want to slate players Ralls has lost his form that he had. He can’t do the donkey work that a central midfielder requires.
    Right on cue Ralls saves a certain goal!!

Damour looked good when he came on ,bit of a mystery why hes been sidelined ,perhaps its a training field thing?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Damour looked good when he came on ,bit of a mystery why hes been sidelined ,perhaps its a training field thing?
    Yes. I also don't think we particularly missed Bryson.

Both of them with Tomlin for me

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I'd go with Damour for an hour then bring on Tomlin, depending on here the game is shaping up. Quite like Damour TBH
    This. We are a different proposition with Damour in the side. Tomlin to come of the bench if/when needed. Great Plan A and Plan B IMO.