+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just wonder?

Just wonder?

City are now in third position in the Championship Table and i was just wondering that if we were still in that position when the January transfer window opens if Vincent Tann would allow Neil Warnock to sign another striker?

Re: Just wonder?

Tan will ask him why does he want more strikers after signing Ward and Bogle and also getting Rhys Healey to sign a new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Tan will ask him why does he want more strikers after signing Ward and Bogle and also getting Rhys Healey to sign a new contract.
    Tbf they were signed on a budget and imho are both light years away from premiership standard.
    What we need is someone to take us over the line

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Tbf they were signed on a budget and imho are both light years away from premiership standard.
    What we need is someone to take us over the line
    We're not in the Premiership.

It's a valid question to be made; Zohore, Ward, Bogle, Healey (when fit ). Maybe Fred can come good after all.

There's also no guarantee another striker would make a difference. Service to whoever has played up front has been poor.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    We're not in the Premiership.

It's a valid question to be made; Zohore, Ward, Bogle, Healey (when fit ). Maybe Fred can come good after all.

There's also no guarantee another striker would make a difference. Service to whoever has played up front has been poor.
    Agreed. My point is that since the budget was set, we've been overachieving against the initial objective. Surely nobody expected Ward and Bogle to be the players to get us promoted? If we're still top three in January, then it is surely not unrealistic that Tan will be faced with a decision to either go with what we've got under the current budget and maybe go up via the play-offs, or roll the dice and try and make automatic promotion the new objective?

At this rate we will be out of the play-offs come January, nevermind automatic promotion. We are in 3rd because of our terrific August. September and October have been mediocre mid table fair and with signs of us getting worse, not better. 4 games without a goal from open play.

Tan should be asking Warnock why the **** is he playing 3 centre halfs at home to a side like Millwall, who everyone knew before a ball was kicked were going to make life difficult, when weve got Tomlin and Damour on the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    At this rate we will be out of the play-offs come January, nevermind automatic promotion. We are in 3rd because of our terrific August. September and October have been mediocre mid table fair and with signs of us getting worse, not better. 4 games without a goal from open play.

Tan should be asking Warnock why the **** is he playing 3 centre halfs at home to a side like Millwall, who everyone knew before a ball was kicked were going to make life difficult, when weve got Tomlin and Damour on the bench?
    Agreed

On the face of it I’d say it was a reasonable tactic. Problem was that our wing backs didn’t play like wing backs. I suspect that line up but with Paterson and Richards starting would have been considerably better. Albeit as many others have already pointed out, we can’t even seem to pass the bloody ball properly at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    On the face of it I’d say it was a reasonable tactic. Problem was that our wing backs didn’t play like wing backs. I suspect that line up but with Paterson and Richards starting would have been considerably better. Albeit as many others have already pointed out, we can’t even seem to pass the bloody ball properly at the moment.
    Richards?

With all due respect, only his immediate family would claim he was good bombing forwards. Even little old granny would give her kids a slap for claiming that.

Paterson and Bennett for me if we play wingbacks. Personally, I prefer 4-2-3-1; I'd have Peltier and Bennett as full backs, play Paterson right wing.

A couple of issues with playing wingbacks.

1. Peltier is not a wing back. Half decent full back, but does not possess the necessary attacking or technical qualities to be of benefit at wing back.

2. If you’re going to play wingbacks then you shouldn’t play wingers as well.

If we are going to persist with wingbacks then they need to be Bennett and Patterson, with 3 in midfield, and Tomlin upfront buzzing around Zohore.

Of the 3 in midfield I’d like to see Damour in there but as long as they are fit then regardless of form Gunnar, Ralls and Bryson will get picked.

The other issue we have with playing wingbacks we haven’t got a decent passer in midfield to get the ball out to them in the space required.

1. Peltier is not a wing back. Half decent full back, but does not possess the necessary attacking or technical qualities to be of benefit at wing back.

If we are going to persist with wingbacks then they need to be Bennett and Patterson, with 3 in midfield, and Tomlin upfront buzzing around Zohore.

Of the 3 in midfield I’d like to see Damour in there but as long as they are fit then regardless of form Gunnar, Ralls and Bryson will get picked.
    This. 100%

For me Ralls is not consistent enough. Damour instead of him alongside Bryson with Gunnar playing deep for me.

Like you, I'd love to see a clever, tricky player feeding off Ken.

Good post, point well made..

And again.

Neil, give Hartley a call.
    He'll probably call you a cnut, but whatever - see how it goes ..

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    City are now in third position in the Championship Table and i was just wondering that if we were still in that position when the January transfer window opens if Vincent Tann would allow Neil Warnock to sign another striker?
    By saying "ANOTHER", you are implying we already got one !

Well I'll be f ucked if I have seen a striker of any quality so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    By saying "ANOTHER", you are implying we already got one !

Well I'll be f ucked if I have seen a striker of any quality so far this season.
    That Wolvesalona front 3 are world class apparently.

He bought Campbell in the January for Malky, so he has form.