Re: It’s only a game

so put up a real good fight !

I'm gonna be snookering you tonight !

Big Break.

Oh wow... something that don't affect you leading to you ranting on an MB

SMFH

How is it ranting? I just don’t see the point of it.

I'd agree it's a dumb thing to put into the game.

Do I care if a player is gay or straight? Not at all. That's why bringing sexuality into it is f*cking stupid.

Last version, they had soft/hard Brexit events... it's got absolutely nothing to do with the game whatsover.

How will it affect gameplay - get more people turning up, the "pink pound"? Player morale goes down as they get modelled homophobic abuse from the crowd?

It's a case of SI putting something into the game for PR reasons as opposed to actually adding to the gameplay. That's another reason I've not bought it in years.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post

Do I care if a player is gay or straight? Not at all. That's why bringing sexuality into it is f*cking stupid.

Last version, they had soft/hard Brexit events... it's got absolutely nothing to do with the game whatsover.

How will it affect gameplay - get more people turning up, the "pink pound"? Player morale goes down as they get modelled homophobic abuse from the crowd?

It's a case of SI putting something into the game for PR reasons as opposed to actually adding to the gameplay. That's another reason I've not bought it in years.
    Its a tiny Easter egg that happens once in a blue moon that gives you a small merchandising boost. Its a bit of fun, who cares? They didn't market it it, so it wasn't for PR

Brexit will have a huge effect on football so it does have something to do with a football management simulation

I know you don't care but there is homo/biphobia/discrimination in general society

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    I know you don't care but there is homo/biphobia/discrimination in general society
    There's discrimination of many kinds in general society.

Should all be put in, even as easter eggs in a football management game?

It serves no purpose other than good PR for Sports Interactive to deflect from the reality their main game engine has stagnated over recent years.

I doubt very much that any homophobic knuckle draggers are magically going to dance excitedly to Kylie due to seeing a fictional player in a computer game became a friend of Dorothy...

EDIT: Of course SI didn't market this feature. Given the incestuous nature of game developers and game journos, it's naive to believe it wasn't leaked for PR.

There's discrimination of many kinds in general society.

Should all be put in, even as easter eggs in a football management game?

It serves no purpose other than good PR for Sports Interactive to deflect from the reality their main game engine has stagnated over recent years.

I doubt very much that any homophobic knuckle draggers are magically going to dance excitedly to Kylie due to seeing a fictional player in a computer game became a friend of Dorothy...

EDIT: Of course SI didn't market this feature. Given the incestuous nature of game developers and game journos, it's naive to believe it wasn't leaked for PR.
    It wasn't leaked, the Beta is out and people have started playing

Its a tiny feature of an awesome game, I don't see why people are making such a big thing about it

On a sidenote, the new version of the game looks great, they've added a lot