+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patterson in Scotland squad

Re: Patterson in Scotland squad

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    "Many people of a certain age" were well aware those kind of comments were unacceptable, didn't wait for a generational sea change in views. It's a ridiculous comment, generalising that anybody over the age of X must have always indulged in that type of comment.
    Well, if you held such views in, say, the seventies then I salute you because, in my experience, there wouldn't have been too many around who shared such enlightened views.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Think you are being a bit mean spirited there. Already a Scots International, all set to sign for W Ham, did several things on Sat which was way above much of the standard on display. Early days yes, but I will be very surprised if he does not make a big impression down here.
    I was being down to earth.
    I thought he played well first half last night and there may be an improvement when he is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well, if you held such views in, say, the seventies then I salute you because, in my experience, there wouldn't have been too many around who shared such enlightened views.
    He must have been horrified watching "love thy neighbour".

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There were plenty of people fighting racism et al back in the seventies.

Mackay is 45. He's not some old codger from pre immigration days, so trying to make it into almost a "he was a product of his environment" argument will always fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    He must have been horrified watching "love thy neighbour".
    You either like racism or despise it. There's no middle ground.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    There were plenty of people fighting racism et al back in the seventies.

Mackay is 45. He's not some old codger from pre immigration days, so trying to make it into almost a "he was a product of his environment" argument will always fail.
    You don't need to be of a certain age in all cases, sometimes where your brought up can be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You don't need to be of a certain age in all cases, sometimes where your brought up can be enough.
    I would agree with that certainly but that wasn't the claim made for Mackay - it was made relative to his age.