+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyonelse getting fed up of Warnock

Anyonelse getting fed up of Warnock

Blaming the referee after another poor performance?

He’s worse than Mourinho and Russell Slade.

Most recently he’s done it at Birmingham we’re we clearly 2nd best, and he’s done it again Saturday, where we were just as poor as the ref.

Yes, the ref was poor Saturday but poor for both teams!! If he had sent Morrison off for his foul then there would be no foul to give at the end when the centre half was all over him.

I get that managers like to deflect the blame but it’s getting tedious when he does it nearly every time we play poorly.

It’s almost as frustrating as Tomlin and/or Damour not getting a run in the team.

I thought Malky had his favourites but Warnocks taking it to another level.

Re: Anyonelse getting fed up of Warnock

We are third in the division, ffs.

12 months ago we were relegation certainties. He has absolutely transformed the club.

Incredible.

How many poor performances this year? Preston, Birmingham, Millwall - anymore? I think you have noticed it because it happened two games in such a short period of time (perhaps why Warnock has made a note of poor ref performance too) but not sure how much you can criticise Warnock on this ground yet as maybe there is a lack of evidence.

Winter period now which will involve some hard nights in which we have to battle far more than play football. We'll know how good Warnock is come February time.

I must admit I’m getting frustrated at his inflexibility. Both in tactics and personnel.

However I will say he has been fantastic for us. We should be thankful.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Blaming the referee after another poor performance?

He’s worse than Mourinho and Russell Slade.

Most recently he’s done it at Birmingham we’re we clearly 2nd best, and he’s done it again Saturday, where we were just as poor as the ref.

Yes, the ref was poor Saturday but poor for both teams!! If he had sent Morrison off for his foul then there would be no foul to give at the end when the centre half was all over him.

I get that managers like to deflect the blame but it’s getting tedious when he does it nearly every time we play poorly.

It’s almost as frustrating as Tomlin and/or Damour not getting a run in the team.

I thought Malky had his favourites but Warnocks taking it to another level.
    NW tells it EXACTLY how it is. If the referee is bad they need to be exposed. Martin was awful...mistake after mistake.
    It is a professional sport and the referees have to be up to it.
    If you look carefully NW DOES blame the players if warranted... that is why they ALL appear to respect him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I must admit I’m getting frustrated at his inflexibility. Both in tactics and personnel.

I’m not disputing he has been good he just blames the ref all the time, this season and last season, to deflect from his own teams failings.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    How many poor performances this year? Preston, Birmingham, Millwall - anymore? I think you have noticed it because it happened two games in such a short period of time (perhaps why Warnock has made a note of poor ref performance too) but not sure how much you can criticise Warnock on this ground yet as maybe there is a lack of evidence.

Winter period now which will involve some hard nights in which we have to battle far more than play football. We'll know how good Warnock is come February time.
    Not just this season, last season too.

It’s a bug bear of mine when managers blame officials.

Yeah, get rid and bring back the Slade/Trollope dream team.

Have to agree, Warnocks done this sort of thing for years, if the result doesn’t go his way the ref gets it.

Still a great manager though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post

I can’t agree with the comment about inflexibility at all. We’ve probably played four or five different systems over the last year. He also isn’t scared to change formation during the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Some people don’t see a good thing when it’s staring them in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Who is talking about getting rid?!?!?

Are we not allowed to say things that frustrate us? Malky won us the league at a canter but he had traits that were frustrating to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    Have to agree, Warnocks done this sort of thing for years, if the result doesn’t go his way the ref gets it.

Still a great manager though.
    Oh it’s not exclusive through his time at Cardiff City that’s for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I can’t agree with the comment about inflexibility at all. We’ve probably played four or five different systems over the last year. He also isn’t scared to change formation during the game.
    He’s too scared to give Tomlin more than 15 minutes it seems.

He deals with Tomlin every day. Maybe he sees things we don't.

I don't understand why he keeps leaving damour out

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    He deals with Tomlin every day. Maybe he sees things we don't.
    Hopefully he noticed on Saturday he was the only one in his static midfield that was prepared to break the line and go at the defence.

Or do we expect more of the same tomorrow? Hoof ball to Ward / Bogle?

Who is talking about getting rid?!?!?

Are we not allowed to say things that frustrate us? Malky won us the league at a canter but he had traits that were frustrating to say the least.
    Exactly, nobody can dare criticise Warnock. He’s a very, very good manager but he does have certain traits that can push peoples buttons

I think you are on your own mate.As long as the results are coming our way NW can do or say what he likes.If the so called star managers do it people say its mind games and call it being clever.
    NW may not want to knock the confidence out of his players others will do that for us.He may well be trying to get into the heads of visiting referees who will be more than aware of being highlighted by NW if they are not seen by him to perform well.
    NW has been doing this a long time and he does not need us telling what to do.

You don’t really believe that do you. I’m not saying that NW is beyond criticism, but I suspect that he has his reasons for not starting Tomlin.
    I get your point about him blaming the officials or the opposition when we don’t play well, but plenty of managers do it at every level. Deflecting negative attention towards his players in order to keep morale high in the camp is something he’s well known for and it can’t be denied he does know what he’s doing.
    I think things like that are forgiveable if the team is generally performing well.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    I think you are on your own mate.As long as the results are coming our way NW can do or say what he likes.If the so called star managers do it people say its mind games and call it being clever.
    NW may not want to knock the confidence out of his players others will do that for us.He may well be trying to get into the heads of visiting referees who will be more than aware of being highlighted by NW if they are not seen by him to perform well.
    NW has been doing this a long time and he does not need us telling what to do.
    The results aren’t exactly coming though. Since our terrific start we’ve won 3 in 9 and the performances are getting considerably worse not better.

He is making mistakes that are costing us at the Moment, JR isn't saying anything that isn't true imo.

We can't (imo) use wingers and wing backs. We also seem east to play through with a man less in the middle.
    Warnock doesn't make changes quick enough either...

Yes he has definitely improved us, but I don't think he's exempt from a bit of criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    You don’t really believe that do you. I’m not saying that NW is beyond criticism, but I suspect that he has his reasons for not starting Tomlin.
    I get your point about him blaming the officials or the opposition when we don’t play well, but plenty of managers do it at every level. Deflecting negative attention towards his players in order to keep morale high in the camp is something he’s well known for and it can’t be denied he does know what he’s doing.
    I think things like that are forgiveable if the team is generally performing well.
    Are we performing well? Or just feeding off our terrific start?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

Blamed the ref for going out of the league cup against Burton too.

Are we performing well? Or just feeding off our terrific start?
    Or having a dip after that start?

Championship is pretty tough. We're picking up points where we didn't expact to, ok we can view it as two points dropped on Saturday but we played poorly and still ground out a point from it.