+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: TV with built in dvd ?

TV with built in dvd ?

Music is what I spend my money on , what are these TVs with built in dvds like ?

I am not one for spending loads of money on a fecking surround sound home cinema set up

Re: TV with built in dvd ?

I’ve got one in the bedroom. DVD slot is in the side, pop a dvd in, job done. Works ok but tbh I hardly use dvd’s These days, I’ve got my second sky q box hooked up to it

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I’ve got one in the bedroom. DVD slot is in the side, pop a dvd in, job done. Works ok but tbh I hardly use dvd’s These days, I’ve got my second sky q box hooked up to it
    I refuse to get sky for political reasons

Sounds like a built in TV DVD set up is perfect for me

Cheers

The only problem, Sludge is that when you put in those ahem stained DVDs you like so much, chances are stuff leaks into the TV so you're destroying TV and DVD at the same time..

Best to use separates, that way you only need to change the DVD player.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I refuse to get sky for political reasons

Sounds like a built in TV DVD set up is perfect for me

Cheers
    I'm the same as you regarding any Murdoch owned enterprises so there is the DVD option you mention above, but I find that a smart TV (WiFi enabled with Apps built in) and a Netflix account is perfect for me, the Mrs and the kids.

I've also got a BT Sports deal via Plusnet for just £2.50 per mth. The job's a goodun.

Better off getting a smart TV Sludge

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    The only problem, Sludge is that when you put in those ahem stained DVDs you like so much, chances are stuff leaks into the TV so you're destroying TV and DVD at the same time..

Best to use separates, that way you only need to change the DVD player.
    I always clean up after I have finished

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    I'm the same as you regarding any Murdoch owned enterprises so there is the DVD option you mention above, but I find that a smart TV (WiFi enabled with Apps built in) and a Netflix account is perfect for me, the Mrs and the kids.

I've also got a BT Sports deal via Plusnet for just £2.50 per mth. The job's a goodun.
    Will look into that mate , cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Better off getting a smart TV Sludge
    What about all my Alan partridge stuff ? It's all on dvd

What about all my Alan partridge stuff ? It's all on dvd
    You can get them on Youtube on the smart TV. Or alternatively you can pick DVD players up for £20-30.

My experience of TV / DVD players, the ones I bought for the kids anyway, is they are not very good. The DVD player usually packs in after a while.

You can get them on Youtube on the smart TV. Or alternatively you can pick DVD players up for £20-30.

My experience of TV / DVD players, the ones I bought for the kids anyway, is they are not very good. The DVD player usually packs in after a while.
    Yes, same reason I have cd , amp and speakers separate system

I paid about £150 for mine about five years ago, still going strong. If the DVD bit packs in I'd probably not bother replacing it, either way it's a relatively cheap TV and it's only in the bedroom and doesn't get used that often.

All depends on how serious you are about your kit tbh,

I paid about £150 for mine about five years ago, still going strong. If the DVD bit packs in I'd probably not bother replacing it, either way it's a relatively cheap TV and it's only in the bedroom and doesn't get used that often.

All depends on how serious you are about your kit tbh,
    I am serious about my sounds , not so much my TV , I currently have a five year old alba which is basically Argos own brand

I am serious about my sounds , not so much my TV , I currently have a five year old alba which is basically Argos own brand
    Yeah, I'm pretty serious about my telly (downstairs one) but the TV in the love grotto is just a ferguson.

Yeah, I'm pretty serious about my telly (downstairs one) but the TV in the love grotto is just a ferguson.
    I’m willing to bet your missus doesn’t call it that?

I can highly recommend this 32 incher http://cpc.farnell.com/cello/c32227f...iABEgKJ2vD_BwE as it's storming value at £210.

Bought two identical ones 4 years ago and they have worked perfectly. Being manufactured in the UK was the primary reason for doing so. As well as the built-in DVD, the feature I like best is the USB slot to enable playback of anything downloaded from the internet.

They might produce bigger models than what's linked.

Music is what I spend my money on , what are these TVs with built in dvds like ?

I am not one for spending loads of money on a fecking surround sound home cinema set up
    Built in dvd player? in 2017? noooo.

Get a amazon fire stick, chuck that in the bedroom tv and voila. You can now put Kodi on there and watch what ever you want, or if you dont want to get techy, use Amazon prime video.

Quote Originally Posted by bezooo View Post
    Built in dvd player? in 2017? noooo.

Get a amazon fire stick, chuck that in the bedroom tv and voila. You can now put Kodi on there and watch what ever you want, or if you dont want to get techy, use Amazon prime video.
    It is funny how one can become brainwashed, people go with whatever is the "latest".

Now I have loads of dvds that have been gathering dust for years but actually, though for some reason I cannot abide sitting watching tv for 3plus hours like I used to... but if you want to watch a film, why not dig a dvd out?

I must admit that when VCR came out I thought that would be the end of watching stuff the tv companies put out.
    I'm sure there were people thought that watching films at the cinema was doomed too but it looks like cinema is just as polar as ever.

I guess that once the film has started, it doesn't matter whether it's on super 8 or super duper Netflix.

when elderly customers of mine ask me about them

I always advise them to get a separate dvd player, then if the DVD players goes wrong, you still have the TV

cheap enough to buy a small DVD player that will sit behind the TV