+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So (more by circumstance than judgement) we have a PLAN B

So (more by circumstance than judgement) we have a PLAN B

Warlock had to ring the changes with injuries to three key players, a poor performance last Saturday and the Bristol 'derby' in a few days time.

He changed to 4-5-1 pushing Bamba into midfield, adding the guile and skill of Tomlin, the speed and desire of Paterson and the more physical presence of Bogle.

And it worked......against Ipswich.

It will be interesting to see the formation he puts out against Bristol. I suspect he will revert to the more defensive PLAN A ie a fluid 5-4-1, with Bamba dropping back and Tomlin, Paterson and Bogle keeping their places.

Re: So (more by circumstance than judgement) we have a PLAN B

Gunner ,Zohore and Bennett should all come back in if fit.
    I think Tomlin will be on the bench. Id play him but I think he will be a sub.

Blue in the Face

Our formation was malleable I thought on Saturday and we looked like we were trying to change shape with and without the ball. Bamba did come into midfield but not enough. Ralls and Bryson got over-ran.

Much better individual performances tonight. Paterson still needs a game or two more to get fully up to speed comparing him to the player he was at Hearts. Bogle very encouraging. Morrison excellent. NML God. But I really don't like Peltier at LB but it's an emergency measure. As Hilts says Gunnar and Bennett will bring us up another level. Zohore too when he finds his form.

We can play Tomlin, but I think he needs Gunnar along side. Think Tomlin needs to be relieved of defensive duties, so Ralls and Gunnar playing deeper would work.

Surely Tomlin has to start on Saturday, especially against his former team. He’ll be desperate to put one over on them. He was quality tonight. Unless Gunnar and Zohore are fit I would like us to start with the same line up as tonight.
    Interesting to see Fred on the bench this evening too.

Tomlin has a lovely touch and is clever, the touch to Ralls was top draw , however he still looks a yard or two off the pace.

I thought Tomlin was excellent. Some great touches and I hope he gets a run of games.

What a difference in the two performances

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Tomlin has a lovely touch and is clever, the touch to Ralls was top draw , however he still looks a yard or two off the pace.
    "Clever" or doing the unexpected. I agree with that. Even that business of knocking the ball out of the keeper's hands on Saturday was typical Tomlin. I like a player who is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    "Clever" or doing the unexpected. I agree with that. Even that business of knocking the ball out of the keeper's hands on Saturday was typical Tomlin. I like a player who is different.
    First thing to say is that Tomlin would be in my starting eleven on Saturday, but there is this nagging doubt that he might be someone who could let the whole situation about him facing his former club on Saturday get to him - it's going to be hard enough to get something off the wurzels with eleven men, we'd really struggle if we only had ten.

IMO Tomlin should start on the bench, he showed his quality last night but there are a number of reasons why I think NW will set up differently.

He will set up more defensively for the away fixture as BC will want to show us what they can do and if the game was to pan out where he was needed, i.e. us losing or drawing and pushing for the win, used as an impact player.

Tomlin does look a bit short of fitness at the moment and I see it as a battle initially. and as TOBW alluded to, "his head might explode". Creative players such as he need to 'feel right' and with it being his old side and stuff going on in his personal life, it would be a gamble.

I feel that our Neil is handling Tomlin (and others) well, whether changes were forced on him or not.
    The season is long, there are many issues to deal with as a manager with injuries, illness, personalities, the opposition, the pitch, the weather etc.. it sounds as simple as just picking a side to win a game on Saturday, but it ain't.

Of course it might be forced on him through one or more of these factors that Tomlin has to play

In Warnock we trust

I'm glad that Warnock made necessary changes at last!wished he'd done it against Brum and Millwall,we'd then be top of the league?

Bristol are a good attacking team, and will fancy themselves to beat us at home.
    Hopefully that will play into our counter attacking style.
    For me, Tomlin is the kind of player who is very important to unlock defences when we are playing a team who gets men behind the ball, I don't necessarily see him as our best option if we are looking to play in a counterattacking style.
    If Zohore is fit I would definitely put him back in.

I thought we were brilliant last night.

There was that 2/3 minute period where tomlin hoillett and the others were playing like full on Brazil. Flicks and tricks every 2 seconds. It was the best period of football...I might exaggerate....I've seen in the ground.

Bogle looked really good as well. Athletic and a bit gangly, like a not as good version of Tammy Abraham?.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    First thing to say is that Tomlin would be in my starting eleven on Saturday, but there is this nagging doubt that he might be someone who could let the whole situation about him facing his former club on Saturday get to him - it's going to be hard enough to get something off the wurzels with eleven men, we'd really struggle if we only had ten.
    I believe you're talking about him losing his head and getting sent off, however I think you can extend it to him trying to beat them single handedly.

It will be a big test for Tomlin and Warnock. Oh, and, not forgetting the main attraction, Jason mowhamed who apparently supports a Welsh team again this week.

Tomlin is a must start.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I believe you're talking about him losing his head and getting sent off, however I think you can extend it to him trying to beat them single handedly.

It will be a big test for Tomlin and Warnock. Oh, and, not forgetting the main attraction, Jason mowhamed who apparently supports a Welsh team again this week.
    Fair point, I could imagine him reacting like that.

He is going to get a 'warm' welcome no matter what. He must be itching to get out there. Trying too hard, getting wound up, perils for him but we look different again when he plays. I think Warnock will bring him off the bench on this occasion. I think he knows he might have missed a trick not starting him against Millwall. Tight defence to unpick. Counter attacking will be the order of the day against Bristol surely. They love going forward. It should be a great game regardless.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I thought we were brilliant last night.

There was that 2/3 minute period where tomlin hoillett and the others were playing like full on Brazil. Flicks and tricks every 2 seconds. It was the best period of football...I might exaggerate....I've seen in the ground.

Bogle looked really good as well. Athletic and a bit gangly, like a not as good version of Tammy Abraham?.
    It was a really entertaining match for sure. Up there with the best this season. Think we've been really blessed with the football we've been getting this year.

If Tomlin plays I will have money on him getting sent off.
    Fantastically gifted football player but the temper and petulance of a hothead (as shown on and off the field).

If I can see this, the guys who spent seasons playing with him can too.

I could see Flint and Wright getting him sent off like they did Kamara on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Fantastically gifted football player but the temper and petulance of a hothead (as shown on and off the field).

I could see Flint and Wright getting him sent off like they did Kamara on Tuesday.
    You might as well give us your prediction scene as your here...

2-0

So you are PROUD of your players getting a fellow professional sent off !

Just about sums you & your ilk up, CHEATING F UCKING CARROT CRUNCHING TO$$ERS

2-0
    To us you mean ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    So you are PROUD of your players getting a fellow professional sent off !

Just about sums you & your ilk up, CHEATING F UCKING CARROT CRUNCHING TO$$ERS
    Point me to where I said anything about pride.
    I’m saying Kamara was an accident waiting to happen because he has a reputation for it.
    So Wright and Flint wound him up all game and he then got a straight red for lashing out.

Tomlin is the same (I’ve seen him do the same any number of times).
    Nothing to do with pride.
    But an atmosphere in his face, several experienced defenders winding him up, it doesn’t take Nostradamus to see what might happen.

I imagine a canny manager like Colin will be wise to this and keep him benched.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    To us you mean ?
    In some ways yes. I think it will be 2-0 either way.
    Play like we can and we will win.
    Play like we did against Leeds and we will lose 0-2.

Given your history of making predictions, we can safely predict that the exact opposite of what you suggest will happen. Let's be honest. You're not the best at guessing what will happen when it comes to football.