+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who scored City's first goal last night?

Who scored City's first goal last night?

I was sitting right behind Hoilett's shot and it was going about a foot wide until it touched either a defender or a City man (Bogle or Morrison) and goes in. In fact if you watch the highlights, Bogle wheels away apparently ready to celebrate until the City players decide to mob Hoilett.

Re: Who scored City's first goal last night?

It was a Bogoal

I've just watched the highlights again and maybe the most significant thing with regard to who got the final touch is that Ipswich defenders were appealing for offside despite Hoilett clearly being onside. It's hard to tell from the pictures if Bogle got a touch on the ball or not, but his reaction, and that of some of the Ipswich defenders, when the ball hits the net suggests he did. If that was the case, then the question which arises is were Ipswich claims for offside justified? I must admit that I thought they were at first, but, watching it for a second and third time, I'd say it was very close and, in these days when we're told any benefit of the doubt should go the attacking player, I'd say the goal was correctly given.

Right in. Line with the shot.

Defo Bogle. Not sure if he would have been offside?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Just checked. Offside would have been tight call.

I thought that Bogle got a touch especially judging by his reaction with Hoilett after

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

I was in line too. I, and those around me, thought Bogle got the last touch and wondered about off side. Also, it took some time for them to replay the goal on the big screen. It was as if they checked it out before deciding to show it.

Bogle got the last touch for sure.
    And though he was arguably in an offside position when he got the touch, he was onside when the first shot was made.