+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BOGLE - a typical inspired Warlock signing?

BOGLE - a typical inspired Warlock signing?

Bogle scored 19 goals for Grimsby (WOW, just WOW!) in the first half of the 2016-17 season before joining Wigan....but new manager Cook didn't think he fitted into Wigan's style.

Bogle seems to admit that although being in various team's academies, he didn't 'buckle down' and work hard enough to succeed and drifted into non-league football. "I was in the academies when I was younger and through, I believe, not applying myself and understanding work ethic and what it takes to be a top player, I ended up dropping down into non-league. Going into non-league opens your eyes and humbles you. You realise this isn't where you want to be playing, you want to be playing at the highest level.But now, like Mendez-Laing, he seems to have turned a corner. He said, "At my age it wasn't about going somewhere for more money, it was about coming somewhere with a manager who could improve me, take me to the next level as a player."

Bogle: ""I've got pace, work rate and I want to entertain the fans. I'm excited and looking forward to scoring goals."Warnock:"I like his enthusiasm. He's raw, he's similar to Mendez-Laing in some respects, and he's got desire. With the right guidance and the right players we can bring the best out of him."

If I'm honest, after Saturday's cameo, I was under-whelmed when I heard he was starting. But I eat my 'under-whelmedness' now. Some of his ball control after he settled down was impressive - I particularly remember his trapping a difficult pass on his thigh.

It seems the Bogle signing fits the Warnock template - the analogy of rescuing dogs from a dogs' home come to mind (for which I apologize) - and while one goal (should that be two?) doth not a striker make, I look forward to seeing him perform again.

Re: BOGLE - a typical inspired Warlock signing?

We saw flashes of huge potential last night, will be interesting to see whether he can get his head down and give Ken a run for his money.

Was very impressed with him last night. As you said his touch and hold up play on numerous occassions was excellent. Particurlaly one on the first half when he looked very unlikely to win the ball against a big CB but somehow held him off and play Tomlin in. Good finish too for the goal.

And speaking of Tomlin, what a difference he made. Felt sorry for Ward on the weekend, he's not the sort of player to play up on his own and he looked very isolated. Think Bogle could have been in the same situation without Tomlin supportin him.

This is all very positive. We’ve not had the best few weeks performance wise, but continued to pick up points. The reason for that is the hard work and good team spirit we have. Players like NML, Zohore, Ward, Bamba and noticeably last night, Bogle playing with a smile on their face. If last night was the beginning of a return to the sort of form we showed early on then we could be in for a good few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Bogle scored 19 goals for Grimsby (WOW, just WOW!) in the first half of the 2016-17 season before joining Wigan....but new manager Cook didn't think he fitted into Wigan's style.

Bogle seems to admit that although being in various team's academies, he didn't 'buckle down' and work hard enough to succeed and drifted into non-league football. "I was in the academies when I was younger and through, I believe, not applying myself and understanding work ethic and what it takes to be a top player, I ended up dropping down into non-league. Going into non-league opens your eyes and humbles you. You realise this isn't where you want to be playing, you want to be playing at the highest level.But now, like Mendez-Laing, he seems to have turned a corner. He said, "At my age it wasn't about going somewhere for more money, it was about coming somewhere with a manager who could improve me, take me to the next level as a player."

Bogle: ""I've got pace, work rate and I want to entertain the fans. I'm excited and looking forward to scoring goals."Warnock:"I like his enthusiasm. He's raw, he's similar to Mendez-Laing in some respects, and he's got desire. With the right guidance and the right players we can bring the best out of him."

If I'm honest, after Saturday's cameo, I was under-whelmed when I heard he was starting. But I eat my 'under-whelmedness' now. Some of his ball control after he settled down was impressive - I particularly remember his trapping a difficult pass on his thigh.

It seems the Bogle signing fits the Warnock template - the analogy of rescuing dogs from a dogs' home come to mind (for which I apologize) - and while one goal (should that be two?) doth not a striker make, I look forward to seeing him perform again.
    Could just be the obvious that he needs a run of games to settle down.

Would be harsh to judge him on a few camoes in the early part of the season and a cup game with a thrown together team.
    Would also be a bit naive to get TOO excited about him after lastnight, but the potential is clearly There, once he calmed into the game I thought he did well.
    I also think the more he gets to play with a few of the same players in an actual game he won't be running offside so much...

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    Was very impressed with him last night. As you said his touch and hold up play on numerous occassions was excellent. Particurlaly one on the first half when he looked very unlikely to win the ball against a big CB but somehow held him off and play Tomlin in. Good finish too for the goal.

And speaking of Tomlin, what a difference he made. Felt sorry for Ward on the weekend, he's not the sort of player to play up on his own and he looked very isolated. Think Bogle could have been in the same situation without Tomlin supportin him.
    I think ward would do a job with Tomlin behind him, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I think ward would do a job with Tomlin behind him, personally.
    I said to my son last night that ward must have been on the bench saying the ball has been on the floor more in the first 10 minutes than the whole of the Millwall game

The two times he had service on Saturday he hit the target all be it for the keeper to make good saves

When he hit the post last night he must have thought he would never score

Really pleased for him

I think Warnock took Des Parrots advice on this signing

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I think Warnock took Des Parrots advice on this signing
    I thank you ....

Still waiting for my agents fee though!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I said to my son last night that ward must have been on the bench saying the ball has been on the floor more in the first 10 minutes than the whole of the Millwall game

The two times he had service on Saturday he hit the target all be it for the keeper to make good saves

When he hit the post last night he must have thought he would never score

Really pleased for him
    Was happy to see the ball hit the back of the net for him Tuesday too.

I think Warnocks skill is in motivating those who may have underachieved , those other managers give up on , those whose attitude is poor .

He's a top class manager of people.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I think Warnocks skill is in motivating those who may have underachieved , those other managers give up on , those whose attitude is poor .

He's a top class manager of people.
    Yes he is for certain NML is another who has been great under Warnocks motavating.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Yes he is for certain NML is another who has been great under Warnocks motavating.
    You could add Zohore who looked lost in the wilderness.

Etheridge who keeps improving by each game .

Gunnerson has been revitalised.

Hoilett and Bamba who were without clubs or direction.

Ralls and Harris who have greatly improved .

We shouldn't under estimate his impact at the club in such a short time ,not only did he turn it around last year ,he's completely transformed it this year .

He's not perfect, far from it , tactically not brilliant, but hey who is perfect ,we have have had some right clowns before him ,he has given them pride, and asked for passion and commitement in return .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You could add Zohore who looked lost in the wilderness.

Etheridge who keeps improving by each game .

Gunnerson has been revitalised.

Hoilett and Bamba who were without clubs or direction.

Ralls and Harris who have greatly improved .

We shouldn't under estimate his impact at the club in such a short time ,not only did he turn it around last year ,he's completely transformed it this year .

He's not perfect, far from it , tactically not brilliant, but hey who is perfect ,we have have had some right clowns before him ,he has given them pride, and asked for passion and commitement in return .
    Amen to that.