+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    What's the population of the UK divided by it's major clubs to give us a national average?
    1.9%

As had been said here already, the crowd will increase if/when City return to the Premiership not because of some sudden desire by the “missing” 10,000 to watch Cardiff City, but rather the attraction of seeing their favourite Premiership players/teams who they watch week in, week out, on their Sky Sports channels from the comfort of their armchairs.

When City were promoted to the Premiership it left me completely nonplussed as I would have supported them even if had they gone down a division rather than up one. It is so difficult for newly promoted teams to survive in the Premiership that in a rather perverse way I was slightly dreading that season because I feared we would be cannon-fodder and go straight back down with the distinction of being the only club not to win a single game! Luckily that wasn’t the case but sadly we finished bottom of the table with only 7 wins out of 38 matches and a goal difference of -42. Does anyone realistically expect a different outcome if we go up this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    As had been said here already, the crowd will increase if/when City return to the Premiership not because of some sudden desire by the “missing” 10,000 to watch Cardiff City, but rather the attraction of seeing their favourite Premiership players/teams who they watch week in, week out, on their Sky Sports channels from the comfort of their armchairs.

When City were promoted to the Premiership it left me completely nonplussed as I would have supported them even if had they gone down a division rather than up one. It is so difficult for newly promoted teams to survive in the Premiership that in a rather perverse way I was slightly dreading that season because I feared we would be cannon-fodder and go straight back down with the distinction of being the only club not to win a single game! Luckily that wasn’t the case but sadly we finished bottom of the table with only 7 wins out of 38 matches and a goal difference of -42. Does anyone realistically expect a different outcome if we go up this season?
    Yes.

Why not? Have you seen Swansea play for starters and they are not even in the releagtion zone. Burnley , Bournemouth , Stoke , WBA , Southampton , Huddersfield. No reason why we cant compete with the lower half teams.

We may go straight back down but id say wed probably stay up.

Think we will miss out on promotion though.

So we're just above the average then. Good stuff. Can all stop moaning now.