+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 175

Thread: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

  1. #1

    Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    If tan sells zahore in the new year or doesn't invest in new players then the public of south east Wales will have nobody to blame but themselves

    See you at Brentford

  2. #2

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Well said, Sludge.

    Turn up in droves for Leeds game, dirt cheap tickets.

    Can't be arsed turning up when having to pay.

  3. #3

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    The manager , the club through ticket promotions and the players are doing all they can


    It breaks my heart to see us so badly supported , feck knows what the team must think

  4. #4
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    13,381

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Agree it was a disappointing crowd reflected in the crap atmosphere. The players deserve better.

    Those who didn't go missed a great performance by City.

    If we do up, no doubt it will be back to people having to buy membership packages in order to get a ticket.

    I honestly don't know what the answer is, the club is doing everything it can and reluctantly I'm beginning to think this "sleeping giant" thing is just pie in the sky

  5. #5

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    29 for junior half season tickets & about 120 for an adult, they can't do much more

  6. #6

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Well said, Sludge.

    Turn up in droves for Leeds game, dirt cheap tickets.

    Can't be arsed turning up when having to pay.
    It's only 18 quid a ticket in some parts of the ground

    But the price of admission is just one of a whole load of excuses our sleeping giant of a fan base will use not to attend


    Last night it was Halloween

    But it was Halloween all over the country so that's bollocks

  7. #7

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Agree it was a disappointing crowd reflected in the crap atmosphere. The players deserve better.

    Those who didn't go missed a great performance by City.

    If we do up, no doubt it will be back to people having to buy membership packages in order to get a ticket.

    I honestly don't know what the answer is, the club is doing everything it can and reluctantly I'm beginning to think this "sleeping giant" thing is just pie in the sky
    It's a complete myth that we are a sleeping giant , we will never be a big club , the so called football fans of south Wales will find any excuse not to turn up

  8. #8

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Bake Off 1 - CCFC 0

  9. #9

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    That is abysmal really. Great position in the league and played some cracking football with players, many brought in for peanuts, really stepping-up.

  10. #10

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If tan sells zahore in the new year or doesn't invest in new players then the public of south east Wales will have nobody to blame but themselves

    See you at Brentford
    It was Halloween, kids factor didnt work - they were all out trick n treating or partying (mine was). Plus half terms kids are away.

    So that just leaves the adults, 15,951 of usy, should have had more there last night, Ipswich bought about 300 if that.

    Burton Albion 2 4 Barnsley 3,761
    Cardiff City 3 1 Ipswich Town 15,951
    Fulham 0 2 Bristol City 17,634
    Hull City 1 3 Middlesbrough 15,454
    Leeds United 1 2 Derby County 28,565
    Norwich City 0 2 Wolves 26,554
    QPQ 1 0 Sheff United 13,604
    Reading 3 1 Nott Forest 14,868
    Sheff Wed 2 1 Millwall 23,403
    Sunderland 3 3 Bolton 26,395

    We had the 5th highest attendance last night

  11. #11

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If tan sells zahore in the new year or doesn't invest in new players then the public of south east Wales will have nobody to blame but themselves

    See you at Brentford
    The missing thousands wont care. Go up or be near the top towards the end and they will be back. Just the way it is.

    With the parachute payments gone then no doubt there will be sales.

    We have to accept that. Some will no doubt attack the club over it.

  12. #12

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    And no doubt people will buy cheap half season STs so they can "secure" a seat should we get promoted.

    As said before, club, players, coaching staff can't do anymore. If I was them I'd wonder what the point was.

  13. #13

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's a complete myth that we are a sleeping giant , we will never be a big club , the so called football fans of south Wales will find any excuse not to turn up
    We are back to roughly the level we were getting at NP after years of lower tier football but before the cup runs, stadium move and promotion meant the casual and part time fans had to get a season ticket to get Wembley / Premier League tickets and the glory hunting fans did the same. If we had stayed in the top flight for, say five seasons, more of those new fans would be more likely to stick with us when things weren’t so good. If we’d spent Ten years then more again would stay. Building a loyal fan base is about sustained success.

    We clearly have a large potential fan base. If we got promoted, next season we would probably see regular 30,000 + crowds. It’s keeping them coming year on year, making going to watch the City a part of thier lives as it is for most of us. If we can do that then instead of a having a hard core of 4-5,000 like we did twenty five years ago or 14-18,000 fans like we do now then we’d have one considerably higher.

  14. #14

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    If we get promoted, we get big crowds because all those fans want to see their Prem heroes, they aren't coming to see us. Which means they don't stay should we relegate. And those big crowds won't be that big when against the "lesser" Prem sides. When we were in the Prem, the Family stand notably had plenty of empty seats for games - people buying cheap family STs so their little kids could watch their beloved Liverpool, Man Yoo et al.

    Our hard core of support is still that small number from 25 years ago. We've accumulated 10k since those days who would soon disappear if we relegated back to that level.

  15. #15

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Attendances are quite interesting to look at. Here's our averages since we've been at the new stadium:

    2009/10 - 20,717 (Championship)
    2010/11 - 23,193 (Championship)
    2011/12 - 22,100 (Championship)
    2012/13 - 22,998 (Championship)
    2013/14 - 27,429 (Premier League)
    2014/15 - 21,123 (Championship)
    2015/16 - 16,255 (Championship)
    2016/17 - 16,564 (Championship)
    2017/18 - 19,891 (Championship)

    This overview suggests that things are getting better.

    In the season immediately following Tan's decision to change shirt colours, our average attendance increased, no doubts due to our Championship winning season, not the shirt change. Had we stayed in blue I reckon we could have added a few thousand to that average attendance. We obviously sold out for our season in the top flight then suffered as a result of relegation.

    Over the space of two seasons from Premier League relegation to Russell Slade's first full season, we lost 11,000 fans. That's not unusual, though I'm not saying that it happens to all teams, either. I remember doing a comparison on relegated teams' attendances and many lost large numbers of support, dropping quite a bit lower than attendances in the run up to promotion.

    More established teams, when they get relegated, seem to not suffer much of a drop in crowds - Villa's is at a similar level to their last season in the Premier League, while Newcastle's average rose when they were relegated! I suspect this is much to do with having consistently large crowds over a long timescale, where going to games is ingrained.

    Our Leeds attendance is unusual this season as, in recent times, Leeds haven't been the draw at home that you'd suspect. A great ticketing offer and the chance to beat the league leaders was always going to bring in a bumper crowd of people that wouldn't necessarily come week in, week out.

    We should be happy that our crowds are increased on the last couple of seasons. 15 years ago we would have been delighted with a 5-figure crowd! We had 20 years in the doldrums where 5,000 at a game was an achievement at times. We lost fans over the red shirts as we know and some that have gone back haven't the enthusiasm they once did. Yes, we're capable of getting a large crowd if the conditions are right (call them glory hunters or whatever). I feel that we're trying to reestablish ourselves again and it's coming.

  16. #16

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    We are back to roughly the level we were getting at NP after years of lower tier football but before the cup runs, stadium move and promotion meant the casual and part time fans had to get a season ticket to get Wembley / Premier League tickets and the glory hunting fans did the same. If we had stayed in the top flight for, say five seasons, more of those new fans would be more likely to stick with us when things weren’t so good. If we’d spent Ten years then more again would stay. Building a loyal fan base is about sustained success.

    We clearly have a large potential fan base. If we got promoted, next season we would probably see regular 30,000 + crowds. It’s keeping them coming year on year, making going to watch the City a part of thier lives as it is for most of us. If we can do that then instead of a having a hard core of 4-5,000 like we did twenty five years ago or 14-18,000 fans like we do now then we’d have one considerably higher.
    Absolutely right.

    Villa and Newcastle have seen their attendances at similar levels following relegation. Norwich and QPR have done similarly.

    Teams like Hull, Middlesbrough, Fulham, Burnley, Reading all saw their crowds drop quite a bit after relegation. Boro apart, those teams have had long spells out of the top 2 divisions in the last few decades. I have absolutely no doubts that, if and when Swansea get relegated, their crowds will drop like a stone.

  17. #17

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Kids prefer Halloween over football..so even in the holidays they can't attend midweek games.

    Ipswich brought how many?

    That's just 2 things off the top of my head.


    If that JR poster posted this we would be on page 6 already.

  18. #18

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    29 for junior half season tickets & about 120 for an adult, they can't do much more
    I couldn't take mine to a midweek game if the tickets were free and I had hospitality thrown in. Midweek games are a big no for many parents, yes the kids are off this week but many have one off parties and don't mind missing one game to go out and get a load of sweets and dress up.
    I wouldn't get mine home by a respectable enough time to take her to a midweek game, then I'd have to get myself home to my own house on top.

    16000, minus and away fans and add in the kids and parents not in attendance. It's hardly the end of the world.

  19. #19

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If tan sells zahore in the new year or doesn't invest in new players then the public of south east Wales will have nobody to blame but themselves

    See you at Brentford
    Tan has to take some responsibility for the pathetic crowds, I think we're now starting to see the real impact of his catastrophic act of vandalism.

    Prices are good, performances are good, chances of promotion are good. Why has there been 6 sub 20000 gates and 1 sub 16000 gate this season? Kids for a quid last night too!

  20. #20

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Agree it was a disappointing crowd reflected in the crap atmosphere. The players deserve better.

    Those who didn't go missed a great performance by City.

    If we do up, no doubt it will be back to people having to buy membership packages in order to get a ticket.

    I honestly don't know what the answer is, the club is doing everything it can and reluctantly I'm beginning to think this "sleeping giant" thing is just pie in the sky
    It is sleeping, a succession of owners have anaesthetised it over the years.

  21. #21

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    It was Halloween, kids factor didnt work - they were all out trick n treating or partying (mine was). Plus half terms kids are away.

    So that just leaves the adults, 15,951 of usy, should have had more there last night, Ipswich bought about 300 if that.

    Burton Albion 2 4 Barnsley 3,761
    Cardiff City 3 1 Ipswich Town 15,951
    Fulham 0 2 Bristol City 17,634
    Hull City 1 3 Middlesbrough 15,454
    Leeds United 1 2 Derby County 28,565
    Norwich City 0 2 Wolves 26,554
    QPQ 1 0 Sheff United 13,604
    Reading 3 1 Nott Forest 14,868
    Sheff Wed 2 1 Millwall 23,403
    Sunderland 3 3 Bolton 26,395

    We had the 5th highest attendance last night
    You had the lowest crowd of the season last night, 4000 off the average and 11000 off a recent home game. It's pointless comparing Cardiff's crowds with Leeds' or Burton's. Why are 20000 crowds rare whereas, when the stadium opened, sub 20000 crowds were a rarity.

  22. #22

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Bake Off 1 - CCFC 0
    Why would anyone watch a cookery programme, you can't taste it, you can't smell it. Seen a BBC headline, over 7 million watched one last night.

  23. #23

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Tan has to take some responsibility for the pathetic crowds, I think we're now starting to see the real impact of his catastrophic act of vandalism.

    Prices are good, performances are good, chances of promotion are good. Why has there been 6 sub 20000 gates and 1 sub 16000 gate this season? Kids for a quid last night too!
    This i believe is wishful thinking on your part and suits your agenda.

    Why were there constantly high crowds during the vandelism as you call it.? Success cup final appearances and big name signings gave us the big crowds.

    You need to move on. Your not coming back.

    We had 26000 v Leeds. Not many that day not going because of Tan.

    Tan can be blamed for the rebrand. History. No fault whatsoever for the current crowds.

  24. #24

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Exactly - blame Tan for everything despite all evidence to the contrary.

  25. #25

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    1. People will come to games at 25. They will come at a cheaper price.

    2. I have heard fans complain of lack of atmosphere and football culture changing from assholes to family. Many families have to pick their games .

    How many fans who travel to the likes of Bristol Villa and Fulham, do not attend home games.

    No more than 15 for games, follow the German example.

  26. #26

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's only 18 quid a ticket in some parts of the ground

    But the price of admission is just one of a whole load of excuses our sleeping giant of a fan base will use not to attend


    Last night it was Halloween

    But it was Halloween all over the country so that's bollocks
    Do people really offer 'excuses' for not turning up? Do they need to? If people don't feel that motivated to attend any particular event surely that's their prerogative. I find it comical that some people think that others are obliged to do something because someone else thinks that they should.

  27. #27

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    1. People will come to games at 25. They will come at a cheaper price.

    2. I have heard fans complain of lack of atmosphere and football culture changing from assholes to family. Many families have to pick their games .

    How many fans who travel to the likes of Bristol Villa and Fulham, do not attend home games.

    No more than 15 for games, follow the German example.
    1. That is a case of speaking the bleeding obvious. Sadly, fixing a price point for a business is a tad more complicated.

    2. Assholes have by and large reduced families coming, reduced sponsorship. Them wanting "atmosphere" generally means 90 minutes of eyeballing away fans rather than bothering to watch the football.

    3. Those going to away games but not home games are happy to give opposition clubs money but not the club they claim to support.

  28. #28

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    This i believe is wishful thinking on your part and suits your agenda.

    Why were there constantly high crowds during the vandelism as you call it.? Success cup final appearances and big name signings gave us the big crowds.

    You need to move on. Your not coming back.

    We had 26000 v Leeds. Not many that day not going because of Tan.

    Tan can be blamed for the rebrand. History. No fault whatsoever for the current crowds.
    So, why are the crowds barely hitting 20000 whereas they were constantly hitting 20000 in previous "good" seasons?

    The prices are the same now as when I stopped going 5 seasons ago. So, I think we can agree that prices are not a factor. What do you think it is? I've said what I think is a contributory (but not sole) factor. In fact it is the reason why there are 5 fewer people (me, dad, son, 2 uncles) at the games than there would be. Perhaps other people who no longer attend can add in their reasons and we can get a better picture?

    The average is currently 19936 thanks to a bonus crowd against Leeds. Realistically, the average is closer to 18000 (taking out the opening day and the ticket give away). My own opinion is that a season like this should see a few extra 20,000 crowds than the 2 enjoyed so far. Am I being unfair in that assessment, if so - Why?

  29. #29

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Exactly - blame Tan for everything despite all evidence to the contrary.
    You say despite ALL evidence. The crowd last night would have included 5 from my family - we all have the same single reason for not being there. Maybe we are the only ones - I suspect not.

  30. #30

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    So, why are the crowds barely hitting 20000 whereas they were constantly hitting 20000 in previous "good" seasons?

    The prices are the same now as when I stopped going 5 seasons ago. So, I think we can agree that prices are not a factor. What do you think it is? I've said what I think is a contributory (but not sole) factor. In fact it is the reason why there are 5 fewer people (me, dad, son, 2 uncles) at the games than there would be. Perhaps other people who no longer attend can add in their reasons and we can get a better picture?

    The average is currently 19936 thanks to a bonus crowd against Leeds. Realistically, the average is closer to 18000 (taking out the opening day and the ticket give away). My own opinion is that a season like this should see a few extra 20,000 crowds than the 2 enjoyed so far. Am I being unfair in that assessment, if so - Why?
    Is it because you dont go?

  31. #31

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    The price is 18 - there isn't anything wrong with what the club charges.

  32. #32

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Is it because you dont go?
    Have you replied to the wrong thread Jimmy?

  33. #33

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    So, why are the crowds barely hitting 20000 whereas they were constantly hitting 20000 in previous "good" seasons?

    The prices are the same now as when I stopped going 5 seasons ago. So, I think we can agree that prices are not a factor. What do you think it is? I've said what I think is a contributory (but not sole) factor. In fact it is the reason why there are 5 fewer people (me, dad, son, 2 uncles) at the games than there would be. Perhaps other people who no longer attend can add in their reasons and we can get a better picture?

    The average is currently 19936 thanks to a bonus crowd against Leeds. Realistically, the average is closer to 18000 (taking out the opening day and the ticket give away). My own opinion is that a season like this should see a few extra 20,000 crowds than the 2 enjoyed so far. Am I being unfair in that assessment, if so - Why?
    You dont even go, you clearly hate Cardiff City, so we dont care for your opinion.

  34. #34

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    You say despite ALL evidence. The crowd last night would have included 5 from my family - we all have the same single reason for not being there. Maybe we are the only ones - I suspect not.
    Most people have seen Tan reverse the colour change and since then do very little wrong, draw a line under it and get back to the key thing of supporting the team.

    If you and your family can't get over it... so be it.

  35. #35

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    You say despite ALL evidence. The crowd last night would have included 5 from my family - we all have the same single reason for not being there. Maybe we are the only ones - I suspect not.
    Your all ex fans. Not coming back.

    Same as those who went before my time im thinking Toshack.

    Ive already given my answer on the missing fans.

    26000 v Leeds. Need them back to kick on and keep our big names.

    If they dont weve had worse times.

    My opinion based on new fans v old is the new who joined from our promotion season onwards outnumber those who left.

    Anyway even if im wrong there is nothing that can be done for those who chose to stop supporting. They are not coming back. The Leeds game shows we have a healthy fan base with success.

    What CCFC need to do is at least maintain our current support. Failure to go up and a few sales an the crowds will dip furthur.

    Im glad we are back in blue.

    I think its a great time to support this club. Others prefer to do other stuff thats their choice.

  36. #36

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    You say despite ALL evidence. The crowd last night would have included 5 from my family - we all have the same single reason for not being there. Maybe we are the only ones - I suspect not.
    Imagine caring about football this much.

  37. #37
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    13,381

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Mate of mine walked away in protest, objective now achieved he's come back.

    How many are still saying away because of the (now reversed and universally acknowledged as a mistake) re brand? Couple of hundred?

    I wish they would all come back, the team on the pitch deserves better support, but it is what it is.

  38. #38

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    I think a lot of " Redxit " stay aways painted themselves into a corner and now can't
    come back as they'd lose face.

    I never endorsed red or wore it but never stopped supporting the team either.

    Tan has now made amends in my eyes at least.

  39. #39

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Mate of mine walked away in protest, objective now achieved he's come back.

    How many are still saying away because of the (now reversed and universally acknowledged as a mistake) re brand? Couple of hundred?

    I wish they would all come back, the team on the pitch deserves better support, but it is what it is.
    I reckon its 5

  40. #40
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    13,381

    Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    I think a lot of " Redxit " stay aways painted themselves into a corner and now can't
    come back as they'd lose face.

    I never endorsed red or wore it but never stopped supporting the team either.

    Tan has now made amends in my eyes at least.
    This.

    I felt sick at the scarfgate game
    Watching us parading the championship trophy around the pitch after the Bolton game felt hollow, a forty year dream reduced to "oh well"
    But I thought it was better to be inside the ground supporting the team, wearing blue than walking away to be replaced by a Man U fan.
    I find it hard to trust Tan, but to err is human, to forgive divine. At least he can suck it up and wear a blue city shirt to games. Personal opinion, he fecked up, copped a load of deserved stick about it, listened to "the people" and has given us a competitive side playing attractive football. 18,000 people have moved on, to the few that can't, that is their right, I find it sad, but it's their choice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •