+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    When you get up, grab a hold of your senses. I am not bashing the crowds, I am offering reasons why crowds are so poor that go beyond an apathetic public.
    Yeah and your reason is wrong. 10000 missing from the Leeds game is not down to the owner.
    Those missing because of the owner totals zero.
    No longer fans and not coming back.
    Nothing that can be done about them/you.
    I think that total is negligible anyway.
    What we need is getting our fans who stay at gome through the gate. The Leeds game show they are there

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yeah and your reason is wrong. 10000 missing from the Leeds game is not down to the owner.
    Those missing because of the owner totals zero.
    I disagree that the total is zero, but agree that 10,000 missing isn't down to Tan.

I think the question isn't so much finding out why 10,000 have gone missing, more what attracted the extra fans in the first place. Cheap tickets and the chance to beat Leeds, the league leaders, in the process is the answer (probably in that order). To me and probably most of us on here, whether we play Ipswich or Leeds or anyone (except possibly Swansea, Bristol City maybe or other close rivals), our interest in the game is the same. The occasional fan is more likely going to want to watch us play Leeds on a cheapie than watch us play Ipswich. Whether we like that or not is irrelevant, that's how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I disagree that the total is zero, but agree that 10,000 missing isn't down to Tan.

I think the question isn't so much finding out why 10,000 have gone missing, more what attracted the extra fans in the first place. Cheap tickets and the chance to beat Leeds, the league leaders, in the process is the answer (probably in that order). To me and probably most of us on here, whether we play Ipswich or Leeds or anyone (except possibly Swansea, Bristol City maybe or other close rivals), our interest in the game is the same. The occasional fan is more likely going to want to watch us play Leeds on a cheapie than watch us play Ipswich. Whether we like that or not is irrelevant, that's how it is.
    The fans not going because of the owner are zero as they are no longer fans. A mate of mine who is a lot older than me was a big fan in the 70s. But stopped going years ago. Think he just lost interest.Hes no longer a fan. Like BIS an ex fan. Same as the Toshack lot. Ive a mate who quit when we left NP. None of these are coming back

Its those that still class themselves as fans that we need through the gate.

For that we need success or an attractive fixture.

10000 is still a big drop despite it being Leeds and cheap tickets.

I dont know if the club could have done a deal for the Saturday / Tuesday game be done as a package.