+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

I wonder who the fairweathers will blame when Tan leaves?

I do believe we have to bring that ‘Grange End’ feeling back by switching ends and safe standing but I think I’m in the minority.

Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I wonder who the fairweathers will blame when Tan leaves?

I do believe we have to bring that ‘Grange End’ feeling back by switching ends and safe standing but I think I’m in the minority.
    I'd love for that to happen. For me personally, watching City was never the same after we left Ninian. A club's ground (just like the colour of the shirt) is part of the club's identity and seeing us move into another soulless box like a number of other clubs took a chunk out of my soul. Not saying that's the reason for the poor attendances, but even when there was nothing to play for, I'd always be eager to see City play.

Even after we moved to the CCS, attendances were better and finally made the playoffs (3 times) before getting promoted. Maybe after the dream was realised and it went tits up, maybe some lost interest because all those years of yearning and dreaming came true, and it was all a bit of an anti-climax?