I'll give you my honest position on this & you can do what you like with it, as these are the facts.

I started supporting City in 1968. I attended when I could (living 45 miles away did not help) and as I played each Saturday, I was not in a position to watch each week.

In 1998 I bought a season ticket and I held up until 2014. In those years I had up to 5 season tickets, my wife & 4 sons have all attended games, on those tickets, my one son in particular held a ticket for 10 years (his 1st game was the Leeds FA Cup game).

I've seen City play 1000+ games and been to around 110 away stadiums. between '98 & '14 I was doing 45~50 games every season.

Since '14 myself & my son now have membership & pick & choose games.

The key was that I promised my wife that I'd give it up after 1 season in the top division, (this was around 15 years ago).

So why give up the season ticket after all those years?
- Play off final - done
- FA cup final - done (every round)
- League cup final - done (every round)
- Top division - done - big let down - crap atmospheres at some grounds
- 92 club nearly done (just the new boys + Carlisle!)
- Malky's sacking & Tan's subsequent vitreol (I met Malky many times & really got to like him)
- Walking across Stanly Park, an hour after the game with Don't sack Mackay still going
- Red
- Club ownership by a person without a clue!
- My son going to University
- Not writing every Saturday off spending up to 12 hours travelling to the the length & breadth (except Carlisle!)
- Sterile football (I do miss Ninian Park)

Basically it was a relief to stop going. 16 years of addiction. The first year was difficult but I now share my time between non-football, City, Forest Green Rovers (finishing the 92 club), Cinderford Town (rawness of non-league and being able to abuse players & referees & getting abuse back).

I'm still City through & through, I've been on this website nearly 20 years and still watch Jeff Stelling having orgasms on Satrurday afternoons & the odd Tuesday.

But I'm not shackled to the club anymore, I can & do pick & choose!

Take your pick, comment away but them's the facts.

Been it, done it, seen it, got bored of it & Malky got sacked, that's the crux.