+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Laugh away , we are a laughing stock with the jacks so I suppose your smiley is right on the money
    Swansea’s average crowd is about 1,000 more than our average and they are in the premiership.

I don't expect people to go every week ken , point me to where I have said that ?

I realise the expense , other reasons etc that people can't afford a season ticket , don't live and breathe Cardiff city

But we have enough of a support base to get more than 16000 for a game that put us in the automatic promotion play offs

I was talking to one of the lads from the supporters club who is a steward on one of the coaches

He said we need people supporting us now , not when we get to the premiership

Last night's crowd was an embarrassment , it's as simple as that
    So you want other people to go to the games that you don't go to or games you do go to?

I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Did they say pathetic?
    Are you pissed ? I have just told you what they said , every Cardiff city fan with a brain is shocked by last night's gate , the papers would love to say what so many of us think but they have to be careful

The fact is a side with a huge catchment area , at the top of the championship played in front of a half empty stadium last night

If you don't think that crowd was poor or pathetic you must be on some good acid or pissed out of your mind or just a wind up merchant

That's it from me nick

Laugh away , we are a laughing stock with the jacks so I suppose your smiley is right on the money
    I agree with most of what your saying but I really couldnt give a sh!t what they think.
    They are sh!tting themselves about relegation. Their first season they go down their crowds will be ok. After that they are in trouble.
    The dull feckers are having a demo Saturday. They are totally deluded. Think they should have kicked on. 4th from bottom is a brilliant achievement every season for them.

Swansea’s average crowd is about 1,000 more than our average and they are in the premiership.
    They would be getting bigger gates than us if they had greater capacity , no doubt about it

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    So you want other people to go to the games that you don't go to or games you do go to?

I'm confused.
    Eh ?

They would be getting bigger gates than us if they had greater capacity , no doubt about it
    Not in the championship they wouldn't. 14k tops.

Eh ?
    Just chill out. Why are you that bothered?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I agree with most of what your saying but I really couldnt give a sh!t what they think.
    They are sh!tting themselves about relegation. Their first season they go down their crowds will be ok. After that they are in trouble.
    The dull feckers are having a demo Saturday. They are totally deluded. Think they should have kicked on. 4th from bottom is a brilliant achievement every season for them.
    Oh they are a fickle bunch as well , that's for sure but by heck Cardiff city are being let down this season by poor support

Their recent cup game v Man U there were United fans all over their stadium. Home fans didnt take them up.

Oh they are a fickle bunch as well , that's for sure but by heck Cardiff city are being let down this season by poor support
    I agree Sludge but bollox to The Jacks. Their fall is coming soon. They are sh!tting themselves.

Over £100 per game if I want to go and take the family. Who has £100 disposable income these days? Not many I guess.

Just chill out. Why are you that bothered?

Well if our crowds don't improve then we might have no option but to sell players and that will piss all over our promotion aspirations

I think that's something worth worrying about , don't you ?

How's the bird ? The feathered one ?

And their stadium capacity is?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    And their stadium capacity is?
    Slightly more than their average crowds this season.

Over £100 per game if I want to go and take the family. Who has £100 disposable income these days? Not many I guess.
    Your missus isn't a big city fan and if you and your son can make as many games as you can given your circumstances , that's all anyone can expect

But I am not talking about fans like yourself

I am talking about those that could easily attend more games yet don't

Thats expensive. But I believe it was £30 for a family of 4 in the Family Stand last night.
    That stand looked like about 800 in there to me. Very disappointing.

Leeds game was a big attendance but you got to factor in that they had a couple of thousand odd in that attendance so take that off then add in what Ipswich brought few hundred? It's probably around 2k off attendance so 8k down from Leeds game,was Halloween, tickets were a quid for kids but most trick or treating, price was full price for adults not a fiver like it was for Leeds.
    I personally think that crowds are down because we have already achieved prem football and the novelty of the thrill of the chase (to prem) has gone. I don't think the red has hardly anything to do with it as we had bigger crowds when we were in red (unless new fans from prem are upset we got rid of the red they only ever seen us wearing in the prem and are not happy being in blue).
    I think Slade era had a factor we were openly saying we weren't spending money on big names anymore,the football was god awful to watch, and Slade was not a inspired choice of a manager for us.
    Fans are slowly coming back now as we are playing better football and have a good manager and are near top. If we are around this position January crowds will increase to around 20k at least

Your missus isn't a big city fan and if you and your son can make as many games as you can given your circumstances , that's all anyone can expect

So, there are many wealthy people in Cardiff and the valleys then?

I agree Sludge but bollox to The Jacks. Their fall is coming soon. They are sh!tting themselves.
    Oh I certainly hope so

I think Halloween played a big part last night. Lots of parents on party and trapsing around the street duty.

I took the misses to the match last night , hoping for an atmosphere similar to the Leeds game. How disappointed I was.

I guess people have other interest nowadays , other things to spend money on. Even other ways to watch with Ifollow etc.

Maybe a lack of local players ? Less of a connection to the team ? The resentment towards Tan still ? All negligible I’d say.

No, not any more.

Thats expensive. But I believe it was £30 for a family of 4 in the Family Stand last night.
    That stand looked like about 800 in there to me. Very disappointing.
    Only if you have 2 kids under 16. None of us are under 16.

So, there are many wealthy people in Cardiff and the valleys then?
    You are a wind up merchant

Do you think derby , Nottingham and Sheffield are full of millionaires?

No, not any more.
    Lmfao