+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    It was Halloween, kids factor didnt work - they were all out trick n treating or partying (mine was). Plus half terms kids are away.

So that just leaves the adults, 15,951 of usy, should have had more there last night, Ipswich bought about 300 if that.

Burton Albion 2 4 Barnsley 3,761
    Cardiff City 3 1 Ipswich Town 15,951
    Fulham 0 2 Bristol City 17,634
    Hull City 1 3 Middlesbrough 15,454
    Leeds United 1 2 Derby County 28,565
    Norwich City 0 2 Wolves 26,554
    QPQ 1 0 Sheff United 13,604
    Reading 3 1 Nott Forest 14,868
    Sheff Wed 2 1 Millwall 23,403
    Sunderland 3 3 Bolton 26,395

We had the 5th highest attendance last night
    You had the lowest crowd of the season last night, 4000 off the average and 11000 off a recent home game. It's pointless comparing Cardiff's crowds with Leeds' or Burton's. Why are 20000 crowds rare whereas, when the stadium opened, sub 20000 crowds were a rarity.

Exactly - blame Tan for everything despite all evidence to the contrary.

1. People will come to games at £25. They will come at a cheaper price.

2. I have heard fans complain of lack of atmosphere and football culture changing from assholes to family. Many families have to pick their games £.

£ How many fans who travel to the likes of Bristol Villa and Fulham, do not attend home games.

No more than £15 for games, follow the German example.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    1. People will come to games at £25. They will come at a cheaper price.

2. I have heard fans complain of lack of atmosphere and football culture changing from assholes to family. Many families have to pick their games £.

£ How many fans who travel to the likes of Bristol Villa and Fulham, do not attend home games.

No more than £15 for games, follow the German example.
    1. That is a case of speaking the bleeding obvious. Sadly, fixing a price point for a business is a tad more complicated.

2. Assholes have by and large reduced families coming, reduced sponsorship. Them wanting "atmosphere" generally means 90 minutes of eyeballing away fans rather than bothering to watch the football.

3. Those going to away games but not home games are happy to give opposition clubs money but not the club they claim to support.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    1. That is a case of speaking the bleeding obvious. Sadly, fixing a price point for a business is a tad more complicated.

2. Assholes have by and large reduced families coming, reduced sponsorship. Them wanting "atmosphere" generally means 90 minutes of eyeballing away fans rather than bothering to watch the football.

3. Those going to away games but not home games are happy to give opposition clubs money but not the club they claim to support.
    1. Stating the bloody obvious? My point is that £25 is too much. That's a major reason for low attendances.

2. agreed.

3. agreed.

4. What's with the fixation with attendances anyway ? At the end of the day, it wont put feck all in my back pocket.

Does anyone know how the demographics of the crowd pan out agewise compared to previous eras? Younger people have been brought up in an age where they have more entertainment options than many of had when we developed the habit of going 'down the City'.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    1. Stating the bloody obvious? My point is that £25 is too much. That's a major reason for low attendances.

2. agreed.

3. agreed.

4. What's with the fixation with attendances anyway ? At the end of the day, it wont put feck all in my back pocket.
    1. £25 is one of the lowest in the division. Club need to find a good price point - the tickets can be as low as you want them to be, if the club can't afford the players as a consequence, club will plummet. Crowds then get even smaller.

4. It's not about you, it's about the club. ST money is an up front cost. Walk up attendance low because people can't be arsed turning up if it's not a fiver to get in, then less money for the club - which then causes issues especially with FFP rules.

Sorry but your second point just doesn't apply these days.
    There is virtually no trouble at CCS compared to the old days at Ninian Park.

City have won family club of the year twice.

There is a whole Family Stand where kids can go at cheap prices with their parents.

In general football seems to have no problem attracting sponsorship at all. Though
    it is Premier League top heavy and is over reliant on betting firms , Sky and BT.

My experience is that the assholes only appear at popular away games these days.

So basically assholes are not the reason for low attendances.

16,000 is by no means a great crown but I don't see it as pathetic. How many turned up to watch Burton last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    16,000 is by no means a great crown but I don't see it as pathetic. How many turned up to watch Burton last night?
    Not a fair comparison. We had more than QPR , Hull , Reading though.

Disappointing crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It's pathetic

Burton doesn't have a population of 350000 and a large catchment area and are not in the running for promotion

I can only assume this post is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Sorry but your second point just doesn't apply these days.
    There is virtually no trouble at CCS compared to the old days at Ninian Park.

City have won family club of the year twice.

There is a whole Family Stand where kids can go at cheap prices with their parents.

In general football seems to have no problem attracting sponsorship at all. Though
    it is Premier League top heavy and is over reliant on betting firms , Sky and BT.

My experience is that the assholes only appear at popular away games these days.

So basically assholes are not the reason for low attendances.
    I'm well aware of all that.

Point being, we still have the reputation and like it or not, it'll take a long time for it to go.

Look at recent Cardiff Council meeting - question about traffic / trains for the Joshua fight, questioner mentioned Cardiff - Millwall. Councillors groaned, guy said along the lines of "yes, the other fight in Cardiff".

We've reduced trouble within the ground amazingly well. Some want to swap areas of the ground around for "atmosphere". Nothing to do with the increased chances of trouble...

I'm well aware of all that.

Point being, we still have the reputation and like it or not, it'll take a long time for it to go.

Look at recent Cardiff Council meeting - question about traffic / trains for the Joshua fight, questioner mentioned Cardiff - Millwall. Councillors groaned, guy said along the lines of "yes, the other fight in Cardiff".

We've reduced trouble within the ground amazingly well. Some want to swap areas of the ground around for "atmosphere". Nothing to do with the increased chances of trouble...
    Well the council guy is probably an egg fan.

I really think your views are about 10 years out of date. Our assholes are away days only now.

Exactly - blame Tan for everything despite all evidence to the contrary.
    You say despite ALL evidence. The crowd last night would have included 5 from my family - we all have the same single reason for not being there. Maybe we are the only ones - I suspect not.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    You say despite ALL evidence. The crowd last night would have included 5 from my family - we all have the same single reason for not being there. Maybe we are the only ones - I suspect not.
    Most people have seen Tan reverse the colour change and since then do very little wrong, draw a line under it and get back to the key thing of supporting the team.

If you and your family can't get over it... so be it.

Most people have seen Tan reverse the colour change and since then do very little wrong, draw a line under it and get back to the key thing of supporting the team.

If you and your family can't get over it... so be it.
    I suspect we are the only ones who stopped attending purely as a result of Tans actions. Or, maybe not, and maybe some of the missing thousands can be accounted for in the same way that I have just accounted for 5. I could extend it to a couple of colleagues, a batch of school mates etc etc.

Your all ex fans. Not coming back.

Same as those who went before my time im thinking Toshack.

Ive already given my answer on the missing fans.

26000 v Leeds. Need them back to kick on and keep our big names.

If they dont weve had worse times.

My opinion based on new fans v old is the new who joined from our promotion season onwards outnumber those who left.

Anyway even if im wrong there is nothing that can be done for those who chose to stop supporting. They are not coming back. The Leeds game shows we have a healthy fan base with success.

What CCFC need to do is at least maintain our current support. Failure to go up and a few sales an the crowds will dip furthur.

Im glad we are back in blue.

I think its a great time to support this club. Others prefer to do other stuff thats their choice.

The price is £18 - there isn't anything wrong with what the club charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Is it because you dont go?
    Have you replied to the wrong thread Jimmy?

Imagine caring about football this much.

Mate of mine walked away in protest, objective now achieved he's come back.

How many are still saying away because of the (now reversed and universally acknowledged as a mistake) re brand? Couple of hundred?

I wish they would all come back, the team on the pitch deserves better support, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

How many are still saying away because of the (now reversed and universally acknowledged as a mistake) re brand? Couple of hundred?

I wish they would all come back, the team on the pitch deserves better support, but it is what it is.
    I reckon its 5

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

I reckon more. I also reckon that there are others who have come back who no longer have the same enthusiasm - they no longer have season tickets and no longer attend every home game. Once you realise there are other things out there than just football, I dare say it's not so easy to pick up where you left off.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I reckon more. I also reckon that there are others who have come back who no longer have the same enthusiasm - they no longer have season tickets and no longer attend every home game. Once you realise there are other things out there than just football, I dare say it's not so easy to pick up where you left off.
    Agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    This.

I used to go to every game I could. To the point that I used to work a night shift on a Friday night, get home at 9am Saturday morning, sleep for an hour then take the kids down the City.

The the red shit happened. I stopped going - some people I went with stopped as well, some carried on going. Didn’t see us playing in the Premier League. Then we went back to being Cardiff City so I decided the time was right to start going again.

Now I just pick and choose what games to watch. If I’ve got other plans then I don’t go.

Do I still enjoy it - yes of course (especially since Colin took over) but it’s not the be all and all as it once was for me.

As others have said, Tan fecked up with the red shit but at least he’s tried to make amends. If that’s not good enough for some then that’s their choice. For me personally I go to support the team - I couldn’t really give a shit about Tan any more.