+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lee Tomlin

Lee Tomlin

Great to finally have a skillfull player who can do things that get you on the edge of your seat. Not since a pre Slade Whitts have we had a player that makes you go "Wow! How did he do that?"

Sadly, the way Warnock was talking after the match, although he was full of praise, I dont think he will be in the starting line up on Saturday.

If Gunnar isnt fit I wouldnt be surprised to see Halford in midfield on Saturday.

Re: Lee Tomlin

You think Halford would start over Damour?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Or Bryson?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Possibly, as I said I wouldnt be surprised. NW was talking about the Wurzels like they were Real Madrid.

Anyway, thats not the main point of the thread, which is its great to have a skillful player like Lee Tomlin. That backheel pass and exchange with NML for the 2nd goal was utter class.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Possibly, as I said I wouldnt be surprised. NW was talking about the Wurzels like they were Real Madrid.

Anyway, thats not the main point of the thread. Its great to have a skillful player like Lee Tomlin. That backheel pass and exchange with NML for the 2nd goals was utter class.
    Mind games

Great to finally have a skillfull player who can do things that get you on the edge of your seat. Not since a pre Slade Whitts have we had a player that makes you go "Wow! How did he do that?"

Sadly, the way Warnock was talking after the match, although he was full of praise, I dont think he will be in the starting line up on Saturday.

If Gunnar isnt fit I wouldnt be surprised to see Halford in midfield on Saturday.
    I'd have thought that playing against a former club would give Tomlin even more reason to play well on top of what looked like a good performance yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I'd have thought that playing against a former club would give Tomlin even more reason to play well on top of what looked like a good performance yesterday.
    Youre singing to the choir mate, I hope he starts. I just get a little feeling with the words Warnock used last night that he will be back on the bench and used as an impact sub. Hope im wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Or lose it and get sent off.

As good as Tomlin was last night, I wouldn't be too disappointed to see him benched Saturday. A tough game against a good team high on confidence. Happy to take a point and keep it tight then try and nick it late on.

It's Tomlin not starting v Derby, Millwall, Sheff Wed at home that's been frustrating. I'll be more annoyed if he doesn't start at home against Brentford after the international break.

Pasted from my post in an earlier thread....

Re: So (more by circumstance than judgement) we have a PLAN B

IMO Tomlin should start on the bench, he showed his quality last night but there are a number of reasons why I think NW will set up differently.

He will set up more defensively for the away fixture as BC will want to show us what they can do and if the game was to pan out where he was needed, i.e. us losing or drawing and pushing for the win, used as an impact player.

Tomlin does look a bit short of fitness at the moment and I see it as a battle initially. and as TOBW alluded to, "his head might explode". Creative players such as he need to 'feel right' and with it being his old side and stuff going on in his personal life, it would be a gamble.

I feel that our Neil is handling Tomlin (and others) well, whether changes were forced on him or not.
    The season is long, there are many issues to deal with as a manager with injuries, illness, personalities, the opposition, the pitch, the weather etc.. it sounds as simple as just picking a side to win a game on Saturday, but it ain't.

Of course it might be forced on him through one or more of these factors that Tomlin has to play

In Warnock we trust... (well most of us!)

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    As good as Tomlin was last night, I wouldn't be too disappointed to see him benched Saturday. A tough game against a good team high on confidence. Happy to take a point and keep it tight then try and nick it late on.

It's Tomlin not starting v Derby, Millwall, Sheff Wed at home that's been frustrating. I'll be more annoyed if he doesn't start at home against Brentford after the international break.
    Surely that's a good reason to start him?
    Without Tomlin last night we would of looked the same team as we did against 'wall, void of ideas and pumping the ball down the wings looking predictable.
    Only my opinion, but I think Tomlin could be the bit of spark we need if they keep it tight and try to snatch a win on the break.
    I suspect they will be no millwall though.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Surely that's a good reason to start him?
    Without Tomlin last night we would of looked the same team as we did against 'wall, void of ideas and pumping the ball down the wings looking predictable.
    Only my opinion, but I think Tomlin could be the bit of spark we need if they keep it tight and try to snatch a win on the break.
    I suspect they will be no millwall though.
    If he keeps it tight then Mendez Laing, Hoilett and Bogle/Ward is good enough on the break. We can bring him on with 20 to go to get at a tiring defence if it's still 0-0 imo.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy for him to start but won't be as gutted if he doesn't in this type of game compared to Bham away and the home games I mentioned. I think Warnock will go for Bryson along with Bamba and Ralls though tbh (assuming AG17 still out)

Definitely agree about Derby, Millwall etc at home. Brentford isnt as clear cut as I think they like to try to play football, a pact direct approach could be more effective against them. Depends if they come to play football or not really

If he keeps it tight then Mendez Laing, Hoilett and Bogle/Ward is good enough on the break. We can bring him on with 20 to go to get at a tiring defence if it's still 0-0 imo.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy for him to start but won't be as gutted if he doesn't in this type of game compared to Bham away and the home games I mentioned. I think Warnock will go for Bryson along with Bamba and Ralls though tbh (assuming AG17 still out)
    I see your point, but we can't resort to lumping it forward or doing the cross field balls Wales love to do, unless of course they are clinical.
    Agree that best way to play away would be to keep it tight, maybe bring in Damour for Tomlin and we can do what he did at Wolves, I'd take that, but I won't be too excited about putting a team out there to sit back and spoil the game I.e starting someone like Halford.
    Last edited by dembethewarrior; 01-11-17 at 16:35. Reason: 9r instead of or