+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mick and our Neil..

Mick and our Neil..

In every possible sense, I'd place them light years above those sneering, sulking, backstabbing, narcissistic [mainly foreign] Premiership managers.

Watched McCarthy at the end of a game which he'd lost comprehensively, and stood their and shook the hand of every City player that passed him on their way off the pitch...

Re: Mick and our Neil..

Indeed , gentlemen of another era

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    ALways liked McCarthy as a bloke - has he ever had a promotion though ?
    With Sunderland and with Wolves.

Great post.

Always liked Mick.

You only have to look at the relationship between Barnsley and Mick McCarthy so see the latter at his best.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    You only have to look at the relationship between Barnsley and Mick McCarthy so see the latter at his best.
    Ipswich fans can’t stand him

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    In every possible sense, I'd place them light years above those sneering, sulking, backstabbing, narcissistic [mainly foreign] Premiership managers.

Watched McCarthy at the end of a game which he'd lost comprehensively, and stood their and shook the hand of every City player that passed him on their way off the pitch...
    Unlike Dave Jones who didn't usually shake his own players hands

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Ipswich fans can’t stand him
    I see they refer to Neil and Mick as dinosaurs.

They should try Trollope.

I thought Ipswich tried to play decent football - unfortunately they had some atrocious players in certain positions. Their right back was appalling, the midfield light weight but they had pace out wide and if Garner tried to play football rather than throwing himself to the floor they would have had a decent cutting edge.

Both teams had the intention of getting the ball forward quickly and to create goal scoring opportunities - In todays game this I guess is seen as old fashioned and that we should play keep ball at all costs by passing it backwards and sideways - I'd much rather watch Cardiff and Ipswich than Fulham, Reading and Norwich.

Good job Roy Keane came to watch the Derby game and not last nights. Could have been interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    I see they refer to Neil and Mick as dinosaurs.

They should try Trollope.

I thought Ipswich tried to play decent football - unfortunately they had some atrocious players in certain positions. Their right back was appalling, the midfield light weight but they had pace out wide and if Garner tried to play football rather than throwing himself to the floor they would have had a decent cutting edge.

Both teams had the intention of getting the ball forward quickly and to create goal scoring opportunities - In todays game this I guess is seen as old fashioned and that we should play keep ball at all costs by passing it backwards and sideways - I'd much rather watch Cardiff and Ipswich than Fulham, Reading and Norwich.
    agree 100%

I've got a lot of time for Mick McCarthy. Both him and Warnock are blunt, honest Yorkshire men. Old school style managers.

One of my most cringe inducing moments of being a City fan was when the lower Grandstand chavvies were chanting en masse at him "There's only one Keano" circa 2006. Mick McCarthy is a thousand times the man that thick Irish kent will ever be!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

very true Mr Fish
    old school gents I think most of us here would be a lot more comfy in their dressing room than as you rightly point out
    in the dressing room of some sneering sulking backstabbing narcissistic "twait" I add the last bit myself lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I've got a lot of time for Mick McCarthy. Both him and Warnock are blunt, honest Yorkshire men. Old school style managers.

One of my most cringe inducing moments of being a City fan was when the lower Grandstand chavvies were chanting en masse at him "There's only one Keano" circa 2006. Mick McCarthy is a thousand times the man that thick Irish kent will ever be!
    that was embarrassing mate and the irony is Kean couldn't manage sod all lol