Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
I don't think he's 'clearly holding out for more money' at all. He was stating the bleeding obvious that Wales cannot afford to pay their manager at the same level as many clubs (or other international sides).

Everything I have seen and heard from and about Coleman in recent days implies there is a negotiation going on about improved training facilities and backroom staff contracts. If the FAW offer enough in those areas he may well agree to stay. If not he will go. I do not see any evidence that the FAW don't want Coleman to continue.

None of us know what is going on behind the scenes, and the FAW may be due some criticism, but overall they have got most things right since Jonathan Ford was appointed Chief Executive - from Gary Speed's appointment onwards.
Yes it is obvious.

But he wasn't even prompted to say it. He went out of his way to imply he could look elsewhere.

Ok then, well leave if you want to.

I can't remember who it was but there was an ex welsh professional on talksport with adrian durham...he is a friend of coleman and even he said he found the wording baffling.

I hope he doesn't leave and he signs a new three year deal. But if we are to move on then with the upcoming expanded Euros, this is the best chance for a new manager to come in. Not starting with another world cup campaign.