+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coleman contract not renewed.

Re: Coleman contract not renewed.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Putting jonni3 Williams on was more a lift than 10k extra paddies

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    It was down to that one game. If we had won we would have been through. I stand by my opinion that by giving the Irish more tickets than they allowed us we shot ourselves in the feet.
    Yes. Because we had failed to close out games before.. we shouldn't of realistically been in with a chance that late on anyway.

If his contract isn't being renewed it won't be down to that one game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It would definitely have given Ireland a big lift hearing all the noise from their supporters. We didn’t need to give their players that lift.
    Anyone who can't raise themselves for an occasion like that probably hasn't got a pulse.

Sbit excuse. Only my opinion mind.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Anyone who can't raise themselves for an occasion like that probably hasn't got a pulse.

Sbit excuse. Only my opinion mind.
    Absolutely. We should have taken care of business before the one-off with the dirty Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely. We should have taken care of business before the one-off with the dirty Irish.
    Exactly.

And a few less Irish wouldn't of given our lot the shock they needed to get the ball zipping up the field a bit quicker anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think some of our players were still in France during the earlier games, something was definitely missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I think some of our players were still in France during the earlier games, something was definitely missing.
    Yes, there was almost an expectancy that we'd do well.

I think a new direction with a younger manager and team might be the right path to take now, everything and everyone has a shelf life,a new vision, tactic , built around the youth, with someone like Bellamy would perhaps future proof Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I think a new direction with a younger manager and team might be the right path to take now, everything and everyone has a shelf life,a new vision, tactic , built around the youth, with someone like Bellamy would perhaps future proof Wales.
    It wouldn't be anything new for the Welsh FA regarding managerial experience, with Hughes having zero experience, and Speed all of 4 months experience with Sheffield United.

Allen being forced off is why we lost to Ireland, they didn't touch the ball when he was on the field

I think he will be offered a new deal no question. I not so sure he will want to sign it though. He will still be gutted just like the rest of us. This next camp might help with that. He obviously has a good bond with his players. Me personally I don't mind one bit if he stays.

When you look how many times we had the big 3 on the pitch at one time its hard. That is what makes us be able to shift up through the gears. Hopefully a way of playing without them can be put into place once and for all that doesn't include John Williams playing at 10 and Ramsey at 4.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Hopefully a way of playing without them can be put into place once and for all that doesn't include John Williams playing at 10 and Ramsey at 4.
    Groundbreaking tactics

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Bloody disgrace. Suited tossers at the FAW

We lost that critical tie almost certainly because the FAW gave the Irish fans twice as many tickets for the CCS than the cheating Irish FA gave us in Dublin

Anyone that knows anything about football will understand how important fans are and that we were done over by our own moronic stupidity.

Two wrongs don’t make a right I hear you say.
    Maybe true but we are OUT. Morons.

I repeat myself.

Anyway why is Coleman waiting to hear his future.

Disgusted.
    did you read what coleman actually said?.

He is clearly holding out for more money:

"You don't make your fortune managing wales".

I tuned into the Debate on Sky Sports last night, Bellamy was a guest pundit. They had a debate about Coleman amongst other topics. In typical no nonsense style Bellers believes the major issue lies between Coleman and the FAW on promises made on the back of our Euro 2016 windfall. Coleman wanted funds invested to build a purpose built training complex with gym facilities etc. Apparently this hasn't been forthcoming or at least not to the extent that Coleman/players desired due to cost and our manager has become frustrated with his bosses as he saw this as an opportunity to put an infrastructure in place that would have helped take us to the next level. Both parties are still however in talks and it could be that a compromise will be reached. I get the impression though that Coleman is very likely to call it a day and the FAW will turn to someone else who is not so forward thinking in an effort to cut costs.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    did you read what coleman actually said?.

He is clearly holding out for more money:

"You don't make your fortune managing wales".
    I don't think he's 'clearly holding out for more money' at all. He was stating the bleeding obvious that Wales cannot afford to pay their manager at the same level as many clubs (or other international sides).

Everything I have seen and heard from and about Coleman in recent days implies there is a negotiation going on about improved training facilities and backroom staff contracts. If the FAW offer enough in those areas he may well agree to stay. If not he will go. I do not see any evidence that the FAW don't want Coleman to continue.

None of us know what is going on behind the scenes, and the FAW may be due some criticism, but overall they have got most things right since Jonathan Ford was appointed Chief Executive - from Gary Speed's appointment onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I don't think he's 'clearly holding out for more money' at all. He was stating the bleeding obvious that Wales cannot afford to pay their manager at the same level as many clubs (or other international sides).

Everything I have seen and heard from and about Coleman in recent days implies there is a negotiation going on about improved training facilities and backroom staff contracts. If the FAW offer enough in those areas he may well agree to stay. If not he will go. I do not see any evidence that the FAW don't want Coleman to continue.

None of us know what is going on behind the scenes, and the FAW may be due some criticism, but overall they have got most things right since Jonathan Ford was appointed Chief Executive - from Gary Speed's appointment onwards.
    Yes it is obvious.

But he wasn't even prompted to say it. He went out of his way to imply he could look elsewhere.

Ok then, well leave if you want to.

I can't remember who it was but there was an ex welsh professional on talksport with adrian durham...he is a friend of coleman and even he said he found the wording baffling.

I hope he doesn't leave and he signs a new three year deal. But if we are to move on then with the upcoming expanded Euros, this is the best chance for a new manager to come in. Not starting with another world cup campaign.

I like Coleman but this may be the right time for both to move on. Coleman is only 47 and his stock is still high so he can get 1/2 decent Premier League jobs

We also don't have a competitive game until September 2018 and that's the Nations League, our next qualifier is March 2019 and this gives the FAW enough time to find a good successor and allow him to bed in

Fake news

International

My understanding was that it isn't so much about his money but about promises to build for the furutre which haven't been met - - yet. What he said was if he got assurances on those things he was happy to stay.

If he goes I'm not convinced there is an obvious replacement to move us forward, not a welsh one anyway!!!!

I think he will be offered a new deal no question. I not so sure he will want to sign it though. He will still be gutted just like the rest of us. This next camp might help with that. He obviously has a good bond with his players. Me personally I don't mind one bit if he stays.

When you look how many times we had the big 3 on the pitch at one time its hard. That is what makes us be able to shift up through the gears. Hopefully a way of playing without them can be put into place once and for all that doesn't include John Williams playing at 10 and Ramsey at 4.
    Dave Edwards on instead and keep Ramsey forward might of been the way to go against Ireland, but what do I know!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    My understanding was that it isn't so much about his money but about promises to build for the furutre which haven't been met - - yet. What he said was if he got assurances on those things he was happy to stay.

If he goes I'm not convinced there is an obvious replacement to move us forward, not a welsh one anyway!!!!
    If Coleman does go, I wouldn't mind if we attracted a manager who was not Welsh. So long as they were a skilled, committed and passionate Manager, who could inspire the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Dave Edwards on instead and keep Ramsey forward might of been the way to go against Ireland, but what do I know!
    I would have done just that mate so you know as much as me, that might not be a good thing mind. We need to nail down a consistent way of coping with what seems to be a consistent problem. Seemed a knee jerk reaction against Ireland. Any way on we go the next chapter.

I would have done just that mate so you know as much as me, that might not be a good thing mind. We need to nail down a consistent way of coping with what seems to be a consistent problem. Seemed a knee jerk reaction against Ireland. Any way on we go the next chapter.
    The problem was that Ramsey started dropping back too deep and couldn’t hurt Ireland. Coleman should have brought on Woodburn much earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    The problem was that Ramsey started dropping back too deep and couldn’t hurt Ireland. Coleman should have brought on Woodburn much earlier
    Agree. Ramsey just got swamped back there. It's bound to happen again at some point. a better solution is needed than the one we came up with.

Coleman will still be Wales manager unless he gets a better offer before he signs a new contract. If he goes Ryan Giggs will replace him!