+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is chatting up women now forbidden

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is chatting up women now forbidden

In light of some of the recent ‘scandals’ it’s now obscene to ask a female out for a drink without them feeling ‘professionally compromised’.

Whilst I can understand women not wanting to get chatted up constantly and probably best to keep personal life and business separate, I do feel we’re going to far on this pursuit. I bet many people on here met their partners through work!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...dvance-female/

Re: Is chatting up women now forbidden

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    In light of some of the recent ‘scandals’ it’s now obscene to ask a female out for a drink without them feeling ‘professionally compromised’.

Whilst I can understand women not wanting to get chatted up constantly and probably best to keep personal life and business separate, I do feel we’re going to far on this pursuit. I bet many people on here met their partners through work!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...dvance-female/
    About time women outed some of these perverts.

If you are not a woman then you wouldn’t understand what we have to put up with on a daily basis.

I’ll give you an example. A coupe of weeks ago I was in a bar in Cardiff. I was stood at the bar getting a drink when some mindless male decided to strike my behind really hard. It really hurt. I couldn’t tell who it was but as you can imagine I was not well pleased.

Now some on here will probably think that’s quite funny but how would you feel if some random guy did that to your wife/girlfriend?

No woman I know minds someone chatting them up, it’s not about that it’s about some men who continually cross the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post

If you are not a woman then you wouldn’t understand what we have to put up with on a daily basis.

I’ll give you an example. A coupe of weeks ago I was in a bar in Cardiff. I was stood at the bar getting a drink when some mindless male decided to strike my behind really hard. It really hurt. I couldn’t tell who it was but as you can imagine I was not well pleased.

Now some on here will probably think that’s quite funny but how would you feel if some random guy did that to your wife/girlfriend?

No woman I know minds someone chatting them up, it’s not about that it’s about some men who continually cross the line.
    That's not funny.

Trying to chat someone up is fine. Chatting up a friends daughter is not. Not in my book but then others might be fine with this.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Trying to chat someone up is fine. Chatting up a friends daughter is not. Not in my book but then others might be fine with this.
    chatting up a friends daughter is as over the line as you can be
    you should be not looking at your friends daughters in that way
    friends mothers and sisters (older) are fair game

Absolutely, that would never be acceptable

dam right the perverts have got to be outed
    I would be livid if some random guy smacked my mrs bum
    there's a line you don't cross

Women often complain that men don't pay them enough attention, yet when the wife's sister found the spycam that I had installed in her bathroom extractor fan she went mental and called the police. Perhaps some of these so-called 'feminists' would care to explain the logic behind that.

I totally agree, some blokes , especially when drunk can be extremely intimidating towards women

It's out of order

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Women often complain that men don't pay them enough attention, yet when the wife's sister found the spycam that I had installed in her bathroom extractor fan she went mental and called the police. Perhaps some of these so-called 'feminists' would care to explain the logic behind that.

The Dustin Hoffman allegation doesn't seem criminal from what I've read. Did he deserve a slap, maybe? A formal complaint at the time, possibly. But a public outing 30 years down the line, im not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

The Dustin Hoffman allegation doesn't seem criminal from what I've read. Did he deserve a slap, maybe? A formal complaint at the time, possibly. But a public outing 30 years down the line, im not sure.
    At 48 years of age and near the height of his fame and power, he groped a 17 year-old girl. Do you have any daughters?

Not funny.

I used to work in a bar years ago when I was younger for extra cash on weekends and the women were as bad to me as I saw any bloke be to a woman, it's usually just lads like me laugh it off.
    Not trying to compare or say it's worse for one or the other as it ain't..
    But I've had all the arse grabbing and little comments about seeing my d*ck through my trouserline etc...was groped every weekend...anyone watching it would comment how lucky I was...aye love having some 40 year old with tits on her back grabbing me all over...

Hasn't had any detrimental effect on me, but I can imagine how for some people would be.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Not funny.

I used to work in a bar years ago when I was younger for extra cash on weekends and the women were as bad to me as I saw any bloke be to a woman, it's usually just lads like me laugh it off.
    But I've had all the arse grabbing and little comments about seeing my d*ck through my trouserline etc...was groped every weekend...anyone watching it would comment how lucky I was...aye love having some 40 year old with tits on her back grabbing me all over...

Hasn't had any detrimental effect on me, but I can imagine how for some people would be.
    Whereabouts was that mate? And are there any jobs going?

Thanks in advance.

Not funny.

Thinly veiled “I’m good looking with a decent length” post imo

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Whereabouts was that mate? And are there any jobs going?

Thanks in advance.
    😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Thinly veiled “I’m good looking with a decent length” post imo
    Now the action is drying up I'd love some 40 year old with tits on her back to grope me tbh

Now the action is drying up I'd love some 40 year old with tits on her back to grope me tbh
    Bit late for that.

Mrs R’s been on a diet.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Of course you wouldnt. Youre the forum snowflake. You take huge offence on behalf of anyone and anything.

It must really piss you off being a white, hetrosexual male. Imagine how much more outraged you could be if you were black, transgender, lesbian actress.
    But it isn't that much of an issue there's evidence of it.

My best mate was falsely accused of rape when we were 17 and I had to give evidence in court because he was with me at the time. I find it abhorrant and think the punishment for falsely accusing anyone should far greater.

Anyone who's stupid enough to use snowflake as an insult isn't worth discussing anything with either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    As a woman on sky news said this morning.. 'Lumping rape and sexual assault in with inappropriate behaviour utterly demeans the seriousness of those crimes. That makes me, and most women, very angry.'
    But they aren't being lumped in together? People are just saying women shouldn't have to put up with this sort of behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    But they aren't being lumped in together? People are just saying women shouldn't have to put up with this sort of behaviour.
    Drunken sex between two willing parties now seems to be lumped in as sexual assault when the woman wakes up regretfully in the morning and crys rape. How come no-one ever asks wether the man was sober enough to consent to sex in these cases?

I would absolutely hate to be a young man out on the pull these days. Loitering around the female toilets in a nightclub is an absolute no-no these days.

Drunken sex between two willing parties now seems to be lumped in as sexual assault when the woman wakes up regretfully in the morning and crys rape. How come no-one ever asks wether the man was sober enough to consent to sex in these cases?

I would absolutely hate to be a young man out on the pull these days. Loitering around the female toilets in a nightclub is an absolute no-no these days.
    Because all men are sex beasts....

To be fair whilst it always seems a minefield if you believe everything you see in the press, I'm under 30 as are most of my friends and my brother and his friends, all of us have regularly gone out and slept with girls when drunk.

I think it's usually easy to judge if someone is too drunk to consent and not sleeping with them.

Of course you're always going to get people cry rape when it isn't and people sleep with people who are too drunk but I don't believe it's something that's a genuine regular occurrence.

I honestly think most people know when they're doing something questionable and don't do it.

The real problem seems to be people in positions of power thinking they can get away with doing what they want.

To be fair whilst it always seems a minefield if you believe everything you see in the press, I'm under 30 as are most of my friends and my brother and his friends, all of us have regularly gone out and slept with girls when drunk.

I think it's usually easy to judge if someone is too drunk to consent and not sleeping with them.

Of course you're always going to get people cry rape when it isn't and people sleep with people who are too drunk but I don't believe it's something that's a genuine regular occurrence.

I honestly think most people know when they're doing something questionable and don't do it.

The real problem seems to be people in positions of power thinking they can get away with doing what they want.
    It’s not so easy to judge whether they’re too drunk if you are drunk yourself though

So basically you can't chat someone up if you're in a position of power? Sounds like a breech of human rights to me.

I was in a restaurant a few years ago and two women were sat at a nearby table and one of them started choking. Nobody did a thing to help her so I went over and started slapping her on the back to dislodge whatever was choking her. Her stupid feminazi friend immediately started screaming at me to stop assaulting her. "I'm trying to save her life you fecking moron" I said to her, my actions did the trick but did the dozy cow thank me? did she feck, there was me expecting to appear on the next episode of Esther Rantzen's 'Hearts of gold' but all I got was " never lay a hand on me again", I should have let the c*nt die.