+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Is chatting up women now forbidden

Is chatting up women now forbidden

In light of some of the recent ‘scandals’ it’s now obscene to ask a female out for a drink without them feeling ‘professionally compromised’.

Whilst I can understand women not wanting to get chatted up constantly and probably best to keep personal life and business separate, I do feel we’re going to far on this pursuit. I bet many people on here met their partners through work!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...dvance-female/

Re: Is chatting up women now forbidden

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    In light of some of the recent ‘scandals’ it’s now obscene to ask a female out for a drink without them feeling ‘professionally compromised’.

Whilst I can understand women not wanting to get chatted up constantly and probably best to keep personal life and business separate, I do feel we’re going to far on this pursuit. I bet many people on here met their partners through work!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...dvance-female/
    About time women outed some of these perverts.

If you are not a woman then you wouldn’t understand what we have to put up with on a daily basis.

I’ll give you an example. A coupe of weeks ago I was in a bar in Cardiff. I was stood at the bar getting a drink when some mindless male decided to strike my behind really hard. It really hurt. I couldn’t tell who it was but as you can imagine I was not well pleased.

Now some on here will probably think that’s quite funny but how would you feel if some random guy did that to your wife/girlfriend?

No woman I know minds someone chatting them up, it’s not about that it’s about some men who continually cross the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post

If you are not a woman then you wouldn’t understand what we have to put up with on a daily basis.

I’ll give you an example. A coupe of weeks ago I was in a bar in Cardiff. I was stood at the bar getting a drink when some mindless male decided to strike my behind really hard. It really hurt. I couldn’t tell who it was but as you can imagine I was not well pleased.

Now some on here will probably think that’s quite funny but how would you feel if some random guy did that to your wife/girlfriend?

No woman I know minds someone chatting them up, it’s not about that it’s about some men who continually cross the line.
    That's not funny.

Trying to chat someone up is fine. Chatting up a friends daughter is not. Not in my book but then others might be fine with this.

Women often complain that men don't pay them enough attention, yet when the wife's sister found the spycam that I had installed in her bathroom extractor fan she went mental and called the police. Perhaps some of these so-called 'feminists' would care to explain the logic behind that.

I totally agree, some blokes , especially when drunk can be extremely intimidating towards women

It's out of order

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Women often complain that men don't pay them enough attention, yet when the wife's sister found the spycam that I had installed in her bathroom extractor fan she went mental and called the police. Perhaps some of these so-called 'feminists' would care to explain the logic behind that.

The Dustin Hoffman allegation doesn't seem criminal from what I've read. Did he deserve a slap, maybe? A formal complaint at the time, possibly. But a public outing 30 years down the line, im not sure.

Absolutely, that would never be acceptable

You have to wonder how many of these "outers" would take the same stance if the fella was tall, dark and handsome.

If Brad Pitt had slapped Auntie Andy on the bum im sure she would be as outraged

Women often come up to me when im out tickling my balls as a joke because I have no legs. I dont mind in the slightest.

Who hasnt drunkenly made a pass on a work colleague on a works night out? I must have copped off with about 15 female colleagues over the years. Some of them on several occasions.

Men + women+ sex = what makes the world go around

The police force must be shitting themselves if touching a colleagues knee is now considered sexual assault!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    You have to wonder how many of these "outers" would take the same stance if the fella was tall, dark and handsome.

If Brad Pitt had slapped Auntie Andy on the bum im sure she would be as outraged

Women often come up to me when im out tickling my balls as a joke because I have no legs. I dont mind in the slightest.
    HELLO! Read my post. I didn’t know what the creep looked like. Hope this helps.

Not funny.

I used to work in a bar years ago when I was younger for extra cash on weekends and the women were as bad to me as I saw any bloke be to a woman, it's usually just lads like me laugh it off.
    Not trying to compare or say it's worse for one or the other as it ain't..
    But I've had all the arse grabbing and little comments about seeing my d*ck through my trouserline etc...was groped every weekend...anyone watching it would comment how lucky I was...aye love having some 40 year old with tits on her back grabbing me all over...

Hasn't had any detrimental effect on me, but I can imagine how for some people would be.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Not funny.

I used to work in a bar years ago when I was younger for extra cash on weekends and the women were as bad to me as I saw any bloke be to a woman, it's usually just lads like me laugh it off.
    But I've had all the arse grabbing and little comments about seeing my d*ck through my trouserline etc...was groped every weekend...anyone watching it would comment how lucky I was...aye love having some 40 year old with tits on her back grabbing me all over...

Hasn't had any detrimental effect on me, but I can imagine how for some people would be.
    Whereabouts was that mate? And are there any jobs going?

Thanks in advance.

Yes I read that you didnt know what he looked like, so easy for you to be outraged. Thats my point. If you turned around and saw Brad Pitt would you be so outraged? I highly doubt it.

Same as this Weinstein bloke, girls happy to be used on the casting couch for self gain at the time, I highly doubt they would be complaining all these years later if Weinstein didnt look like jabba the hut.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Not funny.

Thinly veiled “I’m good looking with a decent length” post imo

Yes I read that you didnt know what he looked like, so easy for you to be outraged. Thats my point. If you turned around and saw Brad Pitt would you be so outraged? I highly doubt it.

Same as this Weinstein bloke, girls happy to be used on the casting couch for self gain at the time, I highly doubt they would be complaining all these years later if Weinstein didnt look like jabba the hut.
    OMG. I couldn’t care two hoots what someone looks like. The pig of a man hit me so hard it bloody well hurt.

And as for your point regarding Weinstein, he’s accused of sexually assaulting and raping young women FFS. Are you for real.

How do you know it was a man?

OMG. I couldn’t care two hoots what someone looks like. The pig of a man hit me so hard it bloody well hurt.

And as for your point regarding Weinstein, he’s accused of sexually assaulting and raping young women FFS. Are you for real.
    Allegedly

Some of these women were so traumatised that they continued to work with him, and being photographed having a good time with him, years later. As soon as the work drys up they cry foul. Funny that.

That doesnt sound like the kind of relationship a victim has with a rapist.

Were they 'happy' to be sexually abused, or were they intimidated by a powerful figure abusing his authority and telling them that they would find it very very hard to get work in the future if they didn't do what he said and shut up about it?

Allegedly

Some of these women were so traumatised that they continued to work with him, and being photographed having a good time with him, years later. As soon as the work drys up they cry foul. Funny that.

That doesnt sound like the kind of relationship a victim has with a rapist.
    This attitude is why people don't come out, the victims are always called liars or the situation downplayed. It sounds very much like the sort of relationship a victim has with an abuser who holds a lot of power to me.

As for "you can't even chat anyone up any more" of course you can as long as it is wanted and you aren't a complete creep it's fine. Flirting is fine, pulling colleagues is fine, dating colleagues is fine. Harrassing and abusing colleagues (or anyone) is not. If you have to ask yourself what's the difference maybe you're the one with the issue.

Is your opinion of women really this low? That they won't mind being treated like a piece of meat just because someone is good looking? Such a backwards attitude to take.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Were they 'happy' to be sexually abused, or were they intimidated by a powerful figure abusing his authority and telling them that they would find it very very hard to get work in the future if they didn't do what he said and shut up about it?
    Well then their morals are questionable as Weinsteins. Keeping schtum for their own gain instead of outing a rapist and saving other future victims.

Sounds to me a like a sexual transaction that suited both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Who hasnt drunkenly made a pass on a work colleague on a works night out? I must have copped off with about 15 female colleagues over the years. Some of them on several occasions.

Men + women+ sex = what makes the world go around

The police force must be shitting themselves if touching a colleagues knee is now considered sexual assault!!!
    In all your situations it was obviously reciprocated. You haven't sexually assualted anyone you've just been a normal person and managed not to harrass or abuse anyone.

What you are describing is a complete different situation, do you think women don't know the difference between being harrassed and not?

Well then their morals are quiestionable as Weinsteins. Keeping schtum for their own gain instead of outing a rapist and saving other future victims.
    Or keeping schtum because they felt worthless and scared or being outted as a liar and black listed from their career which they've worked hard for? They may have felt they were the only one who's been abused and that they'd be the one who'd get in trouble as a liar if they came out (just as you are doing now).

Victims of sexual assault are always slow to come out because of this fear and that's why one speaking up usually causes the floodgates to open.

Attitudes like yours are why they keep schtum, we should be supporting these people to show any victims in the future it is safe to speak up.