+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BITCOIN UPDATE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BITCOIN UPDATE

I posted this about 7 weeks ago in a thread.

"I tell you what. Let's see what Bitcoin £2,973 and Litecoin £47 are trading at at Xmas."

Well it's mixed news today.
    Bitcoin is at £5,400 and going higher for sure.
    Litecoin is down at £39

When Bitcoin cools Litecoin will pop up to around £50 minimum.

AJMHO. Only invest money you can afford to lose!

My target for Bitcoin at Xmas is a minimum of £7,000. Litecoin I predict will be over £60.

HODLING.

Re: BITCOIN UPDATE

I have no Bitcoin or any other crypto but am an interested observer. Bits, bytes and the blockchain that backs it along with the computing power required for their creation does lend them some intrinsic value but how much I have no idea. I suspect governments would have crushed faith in cryptos long ago if they viewed them as a threat to their fiat debt-based money Ponzi. That they haven't chosen to makes me suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I have no Bitcoin or any other crypto but am an interested observer. Bits, bytes and the blockchain that backs it along with the computing power required for their creation does lend them some intrinsic value but how much I have no idea. I suspect governments would have crushed faith in cryptos long ago if they viewed them as a threat to their fiat debt-based money Ponzi. That they haven't chosen to makes me suspicious.
    As Bill Gates himself has said.....

BITCOIN IS UNSTOPPABLE.

Even if they (The establishment) take the internet down worldwide .... if you store them (your private keys) properly then your bitcoin are safe. Do not leave them on an exchange where you are more than vulnerable to government intervention.
    It really is the most magical invention .... and it is an invention that Satoshi could have patented but he chose to give it to the world.

I believe governments could kill sentiment in cryptos. The easy way would be to introduce a fantastically high Capital Gains Tax. Bigger sticks would include freezing bank accounts of those who invest in them and placing them on terrorist watchlists following a propaganda campaign which claims cryptos fund ISIS, etc, and the drug trade.

I believe governments could kill sentiment in cryptos. The easy way would be to introduce a fantastically high Capital Gains Tax. Bigger sticks would include freezing bank accounts of those who invest in them and placing them on terrorist watchlists following a propaganda campaign which claims cryptos fund ISIS, etc, and the drug trade.
    But they do not know you have them. They do not know where they are. They have no control at all.
    If they close the exchanges it will be difficult to trade back to fiat currencies but the Bitcoin are safe.
    They cannot tax them in my opinion but that does not mean they might not try.

I can move my bitcoin in a millisecond.
    They can get me and kill me. But they can do that anyway.
    They are freezing bank accounts already...the day when everyone will be seeking to get some bitcoin (Satoshis) is not far off.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post

"I tell you what. Let's see what Bitcoin £2,973 and Litecoin £47 are trading at at Xmas."

Litecoin is down at £39

My target for Bitcoin at Xmas is a minimum of £7,000. Litecoin I predict will be over £60.

HODLING.
    Can you explain to me how to invest in bit coin, I want to but be arsed if I can work out what to do.....

Download Coinbase on ios or android
    Scan you passport to them using the app
    Enter your credit card details or bank details.
    They are an American exchange.
    Initially they restricyt yopur puchases to an amount each week on a credit card.
    i bought at £325 a week initially but can now buy £500.

Once you have bought the Cryptocurrency move it away from coinbase to your own private wallet.

Make certain you know how the wallet works,

Don't invest more than you can afford to lose.

Find someone who knows what they are doing and get them to help you.

DO NOT LET THEM SEE YOUR PRIVATE KEY!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Can you explain to me how to invest in bit coin, I want to but be arsed if I can work out what to do.....
    Yes, I want to order one of these money trees too.

Can I have a Brit coin , sounds much more patriotic

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Can I have a Brit con , sounds much more patriotic
    FYP

These national currencies have a dual role - a means of exchange and store of value. They fail miserably as a store of value thanks to inflation. Most Britons have become considerably poorer with below inflation wage and benefit rises while the top couple of percent have made out like bandits. Many homeowners believe they are net winners thanks to the increasing cost of houses, but property prices is the biggest of all the financial bubbles and when it pops there'll be panic in every UK street.

These national currencies have a dual role - a means of exchange and store of value. They fail miserably as a store of value thanks to inflation. Most Britons have become considerably poorer with below inflation wage and benefit rises while the top couple of percent have made out like bandits. Many homeowners believe they are net winners thanks to the increasing cost of houses, but property prices is the biggest of all the financial bubbles and when it pops there'll be panic in every UK street.
    Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside?

Crikey, Bitcoin's climbed above $7,000 (£5,400) for the first time.

This thread is gripping my shit , anyone fancy dipping in for a gamble , we can use Always Away as our mentor . It looks like shit or bust and I would chuck a few hundred in for a giggle. Just need to make sure he is okay or we will set the dogs on him

AlwaysAway2 was living in a Tremorfa council property smoking roll-ups when he first begun purchasing Bitcoin two years ago at a tenner apiece. Now he's cravat wearing resident of Jersey puffing on Havana cigars.

Those that hold for investment miss the point and constantly pegging it to USD/EUR/GBP makes no sense to me.

Anthropologist David Graeber book- Debt the first 5000 years. Its very interesting (sometimes over academic in parts) to help understand the myths of currency.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post

Litecoin is down at £39

HODLING.
    Just looked at my portfolio
    I see BTC is at £8,200 and Litecoin at £75
    My predictions above are looking WAY too prudent.
    These cryptocurrencies will likely double next year at a minimum. Read that again. If they do it will be a terrible year for them!
    Most people condemning crypto have no real detailed knowledge of what open source computer code is behind the blockchain they understand the cryptography even less. SO IGNORE THEM.
    It is not an anonymous currency as every single transaction can be tracked by anyone. FACT.
    Get a few hundred pounds worth and join the fun.
    Do not invest any money you cannot afford to lose.

Remember you haven't made anything on BITCOIN until you sell. At over $10000 I would take profits before the bubble bursts. I certainly wouldn't buy at these prices.

if a bit coins costs £6k or whatever it is, does that mean my minimum investment has to be that amount.
    surely you can not buy a 1/10 of a coin ?

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    if a bit coins costs £6k or whatever it is, does that mean my minimum investment has to be that amount.
    Each Bitcoin is divided in 100,000,000. One hundred million Satoshis.
    Just buy as much as you want.
    Pointless buying less than £100 as you get charged to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Remember you haven't made anything on BITCOIN until you sell. At over $10000 I would take profits before the bubble bursts. I certainly wouldn't buy at these prices.
    I have never sold BTC and spent close to 10000% of my original starting point in BTC (I still have my original coins). Have i made anything?

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    You could buy as much or as little as you want. Just remember, you're not talking about a physical coin here. So, if you bought £20 worth it would show up in your Bitcoin account as 0.00001 (or something like that, but I think you get the picture!).

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Typical Ponzi scheme if you ask me. All these investors are trying to ramp up the price to encourage people underneath them in the pyramid to invest.

If you have bitcoin and you are utterly convinced of it's value etc - then why would you sell ? - why dont you use it make every day purchases ?, the answer is they wont, they will instead just wait until they think it's about to crash and them sell - and convert it back into £'s
    I think this is a pretty fair assesment as I don't think it has seeped into everyday use at all. I don't think alwaysaway is trying to lure people in though, he is just excited.

Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Typical Ponzi scheme if you ask me. All these investors are trying to ramp up the price to encourage people underneath them in the pyramid to invest.

If you have bitcoin and you are utterly convinced of it's value etc - then why would you sell ? - why dont you use it make every day purchases ?, the answer is they wont, they will instead just wait until they think it's about to crash and them sell - and convert it back into £'s
    The first part is horseshit, for a start a Ponzi and Pyramid are not even the same thing! BTC is neither, nor is always away offering that!

Agree wholeheartedly on the 2nd part, and when they dump i jump in again. I actually bought some last night/today after a correction from 10,000 to 8000. Only 450 euro i had spare but i recently donated a few 1000 euro equivalent to a defence fund and a start up through crowd funding that looked amazing.

Not scared to go in again when these corrections happen (they are not crashes) even when its rocking around the 15,000 20,000 mark and beyond.

peace, see you on the streets!

I'm still holding tulips.

You have to speculate to accumulate. Oh yes, and get a lot of others (future losers) to inflate the bubble.

They are starting to wilt a bit though.