+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Harry Winks

Harry Winks

The latest in a long line of English footballers to become the next best footballer in the world.

Neat little player and looks to have a bright future ahead but the media are going well over the top as usual.

Sky have just run a feature comparing stats against Toni Kroos last night, and how much better he was according to the “stats”. Well done Spurs on a good victory last night but Real were well below par last night and were just going through the motions. We will no doubt see a different Real in the knock out stages.

When he’s won what Toni Kroos has in the game then maybe come back and compare.

Re: Harry Winks

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The latest in a long line of English footballers to become the next best footballer in the world.

Neat little player and looks to have a bright future ahead but the media are going well over the top as usual.

Sky have just run a feature comparing stats against Toni Kroos last night, and how much better he was according to the “stats”. Well done Spurs on a good victory last night but Real were well below par last night and were just going through the motions. We will no doubt see a different Real in the knock out stages.

When he’s won what Toni Kroos has in the game then maybe come back and compare.
    Did you see Pep's team

No I watched the Spurs game mate. Pep has had about 300 million to spend you can’t compare with Spurs mate

It's always the same mate. Winks looks very similar to Ryan Mason and cos he's possibly a bit better that probably why Pocchetino let Mason go.

To compare him with Kroos though is almost as ridiculous as comparing Wilshere to Iniesta and Xavi a few years back

No I watched the Spurs game mate. Pep has had about 300 million to spend you can’t compare with Spurs mate
    So did Pellegrino mate. Guardiola is a revolutionary in the same way as Cruyff or Arrigo Sacchi

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    It's always the same mate. Winks looks very similar to Ryan Mason and cos he's possibly a bit better that probably why Pocchetino let Mason go.

To compare him with Kroos though is almost as ridiculous as comparing Wilshere to Iniesta and Xavi a few years back
    Or calling Jonny Williams “Joniesta”

Wilshere has had 15 minutes back in an arsenal shirt and he’s “World class” again

Just needs the get his fitness back according to Southgate.

He must have missed the whole of last season where he struggled at Bournemouth

So did Pellegrino mate. Guardiola is a revolutionary in the same way as Cruyff or Arrigo Sacchi
    He’s a Spanish Kevin Keegan. Big chequebook and you score 2 we will score 3 philosophy. Not to mention a prickly ****er when the media get into him. Can’t take to him.

Got some nice SI gear though.

What’s happened to Mason? Has he played since he had that bang?

His surname makes me chuckle ,

He’s a Spanish Kevin Keegan. Big chequebook and you score 2 we will score 3 philosophy. Not to mention a prickly ****er when the media get into him. Can’t take to him.

Got some nice SI gear though.
    Wow first your revelation that you believe Ronaldo is better than the best player ever to kick a ball and now this!

You are Merthyr's answer to Phil Neville!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    They all have a good laugh when Harry and 39 of his relatives get together ...

Wow first your revelation that you believe Ronaldo is better than the best player ever to kick a ball and now this!

You are Merthyr's answer to Phil Neville!

Did you watch that programme with Phil and Gary Neville going through some of the best games in Phil’s career with Everton?

I thought Phil spoke well on that. Especially about when he went back to Old Trafford and nicked a point with Everton, costing them the league.

Pep's made sterling, argueoro and sane better players at city, but what youth has he brought through? He can buy young but so much money into that academy and no result as of yet. Pochettino is better for youth players imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Pity there's not an 'a' in his surname, then he'd be called Harry Winas...

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Pep's made sterling, argueoro and sane better players at city, but what youth has he brought through? He can buy young but so much money into that academy and no result as of yet. Pochettino is better for youth players imo.
    Rhetorical question... What youth players could Guardiola have brought through who would oust his current crop of (almost) an entire first team and subs bench of world class players in his little over a year in charge?

Not a rhetorical question... In your opinion, other than Harry Winks, what youth team players has Pochettino "brought through" in his 3 years in charge that are currently getting game time at Spurs?

What’s happened to Mason? Has he played since he had that bang?
    Still at Hull but still yet to play this season.

I thought Winks looked good against Man Utd: tidy and efficient on the ball. But comparing him to Toni bloody Kroos? Will the English media every begin to realise why the young players buckle under the expectation?

I've heard rumblings from top tier coaches that there's a 4 year old toddler in Mansfield that is showing signs of becoming the next Griezemann. Man City have made a £35m bid to his nursery.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    He has also made John Stones, Fabian Delph and Kevin De Bruyne better. Pep's project is a long term one and he last season stated he was disappointed at the development of some of the young players. I think we'll definitely see Pep bring Phil Foden and one or two others through soon.

I don't think Pep gets anywhere near as much credit for what he did at Barca where he took over a team in steep decline and shipped out some of their best players in Ronaldinho, Deco etc and brought in all La Masia kids to conquer football. It was "class of 92" on steroids!