+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our games on TV - I dont like it! RANT

Our games on TV - I dont like it! RANT

A typical home Saturday for my son and I is to leave home at about 11.00 and get home at around 20.00 having driven two hundred plus miles in between. We get to the ground at about 2 ish and have drink and something to eat there.
    Hopefully watch a good game or at the very least leave with three points. Going below the stands on the 90th minute can make a real difference to getting away and getting home.

Tuesday night games are not practical. Given that some of our best performances are on a Tuesday that's even more disappointing!

And now more games are switched and more games we will miss, not because they are easier to watch on TV but because of the kick off times.

But in truth the possibility of watching on TV can have an impact on occasions and of course I have no issue away games being on TV .

So what of next season when the possibility of every match home and away being screened is likely.

Should I renew my season ticket or just become an armchair fan?

Of course if we get promoted its much less of a problem!

And yes to those who are inclined to say it...I know, I'm not a real fan.

Re: Our games on TV - I dont like it! RANT

I'm in much the same position 100 +miles ew make evening games difficult. And yes, we are real fans.

Football fans play second fiddle to TV money shocker

Seriously, yes it ain't good.
    It also fecks up players preparation, routine etc.
    Playing games at these times definitely evens the sides up and won't do us any favours.

Also would have preferred to play Preston at home on a Tuesday night!

Should we still be in the Championship when the new Football League deal comes in I may end my season ticket then as all midweek games could potentially be available online in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I'm in much the same position 100 +miles ew make evening games difficult. And yes, we are real fans.
    I'm in the same position as you and Blueaway. Sadly I had to make the decision to give up my season ticket this season (after 39 years!) for the reasons you give, plus the increasing cost of getting to the games. I was only managing about half the games which meant I was wasting about £150 on the ST. I have signed up to iPlayer this season so I get to hear all the games (home and away) when possible and I have bought a six game Flexi-ticket. I do miss being at the games but an unexpected "side-effect" as it were, is that as time goes on I find that I am missing it less and less, even to the extent that I sometimes forget that City are playing, say on a Tuesday night for example, which previously was unthinkable!

One positive side-effect is that I am saving about £800 a year (when I tot up the cost of the ST, travelling and food.