Thread: Tomlin - court verdict

Tomlin - court verdict

80 hours community service apparently.

Billy Kee, small fine.

Re: Tomlin - court verdict

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post

Billy Kee, small fine.
    First hour & half tormenting the Wurzels tomorrow, apparently it does count👍

Good - Weight off his and the clubs shoulders now.
    Let him loose on the inbreds tomorrow.

He can come round and sweep up the leaves in my garden, I may even make him a brew.

Lucky lad. Moving on, not sure tomorrow is the best place for him to be let loose mate! His ex teamates will be yanking his chain throughout. A derby atmosphere won't help, more important to keep 11 players on the pitch, although I appreciate he himself will be desperate to take part. The fixture list could've been a bit more accommodating for sure!!

Don't agree, a game against your former club also means more, play him and he'll win it for us?

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Lucky lad. Moving on, not sure tomorrow is the best place for him to be let loose mate! His ex teamates will be yanking his chain throughout. A derby atmosphere won't help, more important to keep 11 players on the pitch, although I appreciate he himself will be desperate to take part. The fixture list could've been a bit more accommodating for sure!!
    I tend to agree with you on this. The Bristol City fans will be doing their best to influence the referee to send Tomlin off. Plus, Tomlin has been known to lose his cool at times. I think Gunnars (if fit, of course) and Demour would be better in midfield, for this game at least.

Billy Kee, small fine.
    First with the news.

I just hope he goes ****ing mental when scores tomorrow.

I think he'd be well up for this one although I'd trust our Neil to gauge the situation and make the right decision.

Phew glad it wasn't jail was going to write an record a type of "free our Tomlin " along ths lines of the "" free Nelson Mandela " tune.

Justice is never far from being distorted .

This news will be a major disappointment on here for some 'fans' who were forecasting and wanting at least a five year jail term.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I just hope he goes ****ing mental when scores tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Hope he sticks to punching the air

So much for the experts who suggested he was going down and that’s why Warnock wouldn’t play him

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    So much for the experts who suggested he was going down and that’s why Warnock wouldn’t play him
    He could’ve gone down for it. They dropped the gbh charge and he admitted to affray.
    With the case ongoing it was bound to have been playing in his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    He could’ve gone down for it. They dropped the gbh charge and he admitted to affray.
    With the case ongoing it was bound to have been playing in his mind.
    Spoken like somebody who’s never been in court.

In cases like this a lesser charge and plea bargain is usually offered to save going to crown court.

In cases like this a lesser charge and plea bargain is usually offered to save going to crown court.

witch as we all know stiffer sentences can be given in a crown court
    you could say the lesser of two evils if you will
    lifes ironic lol

You’re right I haven’t. And I’m sure you’re right about the lesser charge being offered.
    Without wanting to sound all itk, my understanding is that they wanted to go for gbh which can carry a custodial sentence but they didn’t have enough to guarantee a conviction.

I’m just guessing but maybe the threat of it hanging over him was messing with his head?

Will be interesting to see if he now starts more regularly. I certainly hope so, he was different class on Tuesday.

Banned

Let's hope he has learned a lesson, it's not clever to be thuggish.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    You’re right I haven’t. And I’m sure you’re right about the lesser charge being offered.
    Without wanting to sound all itk, my understanding is that they wanted to go for gbh which can carry a custodial sentence but they didn’t have enough to guarantee a conviction.

I’m just guessing but maybe the threat of it hanging over him was messing with his head?

Will be interesting to see if he now starts more regularly. I certainly hope so, he was different class on Tuesday.
    Can’t comment on Tomlin personally bit I only ever had the misfortune of going to crown court once and it is a frightening experience if you’re not used to being in trouble.

I was facing a gbh with intent and starting a riot charge (innocent by the way, my friends just battered someone who started a fight) and was told 5 years.

Day it was meant to go to to trial we gig offered affray and gbh charges dropped. The guy who started the fight, the “victim”lived in Dubai. Didn’t want to come home.

Spent a weekend in Cardiff prison whilst the judge “made his mind up” which told is a tactic to scare the kind of folk who prison is going to do more harm than good ie I had a decent job, child and a mortgage.

Had 240 hours (maximum) and 700 quid victim compensation. That really hurt as he started the fight.

Did the trick though I must admit. Evrn though innocent personally it makes you more aware of certain situations.