+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 34 of 34

Thread: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

  1. #1

    Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.


  2. #2

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    I've never heard of him!

  3. #3

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    https://twitter.com/bcfctweets/statu...43815078154240

    Video evidence in the attached link.

    What a strange decision that is!!!

  4. #4

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    He got pushed in the chest and he stayed down holding his face like he'd just been shot by dirty Harry, cheating kent.

  5. #5

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    He got pushed in the chest and he stayed down holding his face like he'd just been shot by dirty Harry, cheating kent.
    Be very interesting to find out what Jurssets take on the decision is. Don't suppose we'll be hearing from him for a while after Saturday.

  6. #6

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    To be fair, his makeup was almost certainly smudged from that incident.

    For years I've wanted this kind of bullshit punished, and if that was one of our own then I'd be embarrassed.

  7. #7

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    This is what the FA panel considers in these cases.
    1.Is there contact between the players involved?
    2.Is there fair/normal contact between the players, resulting in no offence being committed?
    3.Is a player legitimately avoiding contact with his opponent to prevent injury?
    4.Has the player initiated the contact between his opponent and himself in order to deceive the referee?
    5.Does the player exaggerate the effect of a normal contact challenge in order to deceive the referee?

    As the player was clearly pushed in the chest but fell to the floor clutching his face with both hands I assume that he has been found guilty on point 5 ".Does the player exaggerate the effect of a normal contact challenge in order to deceive the referee"
    He clearly was exaggerating to deceive.
    I hope Bristol appeal & he gets an even longer ban & the club get fined, cheating barsteward

  8. #8

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    This is what the FA panel considers in these cases.
    1.Is there contact between the players involved?
    2.Is there fair/normal contact between the players, resulting in no offence being committed?
    3.Is a player legitimately avoiding contact with his opponent to prevent injury?
    4.Has the player initiated the contact between his opponent and himself in order to deceive the referee?
    5.Does the player exaggerate the effect of a normal contact challenge in order to deceive the referee?

    As the player was clearly pushed in the chest but fell to the floor clutching his face with both hands I assume that he has been found guilty on point 5 ".Does the player exaggerate the effect of a normal contact challenge in order to deceive the referee"
    He clearly was exaggerating to deceive.
    I hope Bristol appeal & he gets an even longer ban & the club get fined, cheating barsteward
    That was in the original post

  9. #9
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    13,363

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    "Charlie Hicks‏ @CharlieHicks90 1h1 hour ago
    More
    Stand up Tammy Abraham!
    Fantastic news. A credit to his family in every way.

    Compare to waste of space that will play for Cardiff tomorrow."


    Oh I do hope that comes back to bite him on the arse

  10. #10

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    "Charlie Hicks‏ @CharlieHicks90 1h1 hour ago
    More
    Stand up Tammy Abraham!
    Fantastic news. A credit to his family in every way.

    Compare to waste of space that will play for Cardiff tomorrow."


    Oh I do hope that comes back to bite him on the arse
    Why is he applauding a Chelsea player? He's a strange dude, that one.

  11. #11

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/bristol-...bailey-wright/

    Shameful stuff by the pricks at the FA.

  12. #12

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    Caught in the chest.
    Went down holding his face.

    Shameful stuff by the prick playing for Brizzle.

  13. #13
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    13,363

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Caught in the chest.
    Went down holding his face.

    Shameful stuff by the prick playing for Brizzle.
    Same old English....

  14. #14

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Same old English....
    He’s Australian.

  15. #15

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    He’s Australian.
    So genetically an English criminal then.

  16. #16
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    13,363

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    So genetically an English criminal then.
    Ancestors probably helped steal land from and persecute the indigenous people too.

    Jurrset likes that sort of thing.

  17. #17

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Ancestors probably helped steal land from and persecute the indigenous people too.

    Jurrset likes that sort of thing.
    EDIT: Not going to distract from the main thrust of the thread, ie mocking Gussett.

  18. #18

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    Cheating captains is an old Bristol trait, whether on water or not now obviously 👍

  19. #19

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    Went down as if jurrsett shot him !

    Oh, hang on a sec, I seem to recall something about his family shooting at things.

  20. #20
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    13,363

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Went down as if jurrsett shot him !

    Oh, hang on a sec, I seem to recall something about his family shooting at things.
    Their targets are usually a lot younger

  21. #21

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    Good. About time players started to get punished for this sort of thing.

    I would go one step further and inflict the sort of injury which would lead to the type of reaction made by the player.

    So in this case a 3 game ban followed by a punch in the face 🙂

    A guy rolling around after a strong challenge which didn't actually do any damage - punishment a crack with a piece of broken pallet across the shins...

    Has this got legs ?

  22. #22

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/bristol-...bailey-wright/

    Shameful stuff by the pricks at the FA.
    He was clearly trying to cheat though..Didn't you mention players trying to wind up Kamara yesterday in another post? speculating that they might do the same to Tomlin?

  23. #23
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    13,363

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    Great idea lawnmower.

    Opposition club would then be entitled to charge fans for the pleasure of administering the punishment centre circle at their next home game.

    Justice done, club earns a few quid, but of halftime entertainment for the rest of us. Everyone’s a winner!

  24. #24

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/bristol-...bailey-wright/

    Shameful stuff by the pricks at the FA.
    Based on this attitude its clear what to expect from the carrot crunchers tomorrow.

  25. #25

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    I excpect the same play acting players and hysterical fans combination we saw at Wolves if things don't go all their way.

  26. #26

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Good. About time players started to get punished for this sort of thing.

    I would go one step further and inflict the sort of injury which would lead to the type of reaction made by the player.

    So in this case a 3 game ban followed by a punch in the face ��

    A guy rolling around after a strong challenge which didn't actually do any damage - punishment a crack with a piece of broken pallet across the shins...

    Has this got legs ?
    In such an incident the player that has been accused of foul play should be able to have a free kick or stamp as the cheat wriggles on the floor

  27. #27

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I excpect the same play acting players and hysterical fans combination we saw at Wolves if things don't go all their way.
    It's the tactic to try t break up our wonderful flowing plays - see Wolves.

    Big yourselves up as being a footballing side, display the worst amateur dramatics ever seen and complain you've been bullied.

    We're wiser than that.

    I'd not last long playing football. I figure if someone is going to cheat and get you sent off, you might as well just kick the shit out of them anyway.

  28. #28

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    It's the tactic to try t break up our wonderful flowing plays - see Wolves.

    Big yourselves up as being a footballing side, display the worst amateur dramatics ever seen and complain you've been bullied.

    We're wiser than that.

    I'd not last long playing football. I figure if someone is going to cheat and get you sent off, you might as well just kick the shit out of them anyway.
    👍

    I always thought that if you were to get booked make it worthwhile, don't mouth off at the ref, that's a waste.

    Save your booking for bringing down a dangerous attack or for that heavy but slightly mistimed tackle on the gobby striker which occasionally occurred.

  29. #29

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/bristol-...bailey-wright/

    Shameful stuff by the pricks at the FA.

    ' I could see Flint and Wright getting him sent off like they did Kamara on Tuesday. '

    Them was your words. I can see at least half of that statement not happening now.

  30. #30
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    6,690

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    They must regret putting him up for their club pre-Cardiff interview!

    https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/video-ba...iff-city-home/

    Oh dear.

  31. #31

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Great idea lawnmower.

    Opposition club would then be entitled to charge fans for the pleasure of administering the punishment centre circle at their next home game.

    Justice done, club earns a few quid, but of halftime entertainment for the rest of us. Everyone’s a winner!
    This would be like ancient Rome.

    A civilised place in many ways, but in others not so.


  32. #32

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.


  33. #33

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

    This has got “programme-gate” written all over it

  34. #34

    Re: Bristol captain now suspended for tomorrow's game : retrospective action for simulation.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post

    This has got “programme-gate” written all over it
    First post is proper cringe...

    http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/top...day-thread-16/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •