+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO mods on here

FAO mods on here

So I make a thread about censorship on here and it gets promptly deleted.

Delicious irony or someone being a pedantic twat?

Serious question: why are quite a few of my posts getting cut while others saying similar shit are left alone?

Re: FAO mods on here

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    So I make a thread about censorship on here and it gets promptly deleted.

Delicious irony or someone being a pedantic twat?

Serious question: why are quite a few of my posts getting cut while others saying similar shit are left alone?
    I asked similar in another thread FWIW - genuine good natured banter had been removed and deeply unpleasant remarks from the usual suspect(s) had been ignored.
    TBF, Moderation is a bit of a thankless task and praise for those who take the time, but of late it is getting a little odd around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    I asked similar in another thread FWIW - genuine good natured banter had been removed and deeply unpleasant remarks from the usual suspect(s) had been ignored.
    TBF, Moderation is a bit of a thankless task and praise for those who take the time, but of late it is getting a little odd around here.
    Exactly.

I realise that the mods have to look at stuff if it gets reported and sometimes it’s easier to just delete stuff, but either you delete all offensive stuff or just let it go.

A bit of consistency would be nice.

Hopefully I’ll get a reply this time instead of the thread getting pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Exactly.

I realise that the mods have to look at stuff if it gets reported and sometimes it’s easier to just delete stuff, but either you delete all offensive stuff or just let it go.

A bit of consistency would be nice.

Hopefully I’ll get a reply this time instead of the thread getting pulled.
    We try not to remove threads based on topics (unless we really need to) but on abusive or childish behaviour. I'll look back through the past week or so a bit later and check out some of the names mentioned. Most of the threads that have had single posts removed seem to involve repeat offenders and are basically name calling. Maybe I'll have to dish out some infractions.

Leave it with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    We try not to remove threads based on topics (unless we really need to) but on abusive or childish behaviour. I'll look back through the past week or so a bit later and check out some of the names mentioned. Most of the threads that have had single posts removed seem to involve repeat offenders and are basically name calling. Maybe I'll have to dish out some infractions.

Leave it with me.
    Cheers boss.

Now let's get back to what really matters - smashing that wurzel shit off the park.