+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just got back......

Just got back......

And we were well beaten by a much better side.

We were also really poor just to make matters worse and barely strung two passes together.

Their right winger had Peltier in his pocket in the first half and it was no suprise that their first goal came from there.

Patterson was constantly beaten with ease on the other wing. Maybe he is still not match fit but was beaten at least three times that I counted with too much difficulty.

Midfield seemed overrun and I’m still not convinced about the merits of Bryson other than him running around a lot, especially if Bamba is one of the midfield three.

And why bring Tomlin on with SIX mins left??!! We were chasing the game and so surely needed to give him/someone else longer has that?

So very disappointing today. Maybe not as bad as the rubbish at Birmingham but we can’t afford too many more of these types of performances.

Re: Just got back......

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

We were also really poor just to make matters worse and barely strung two passes together.

Their right winger had Peltier in his pocket in the first half and it was no suprise that their first goal came from there.

Patterson was constantly beaten with ease on the other wing. Maybe he is still not match fit but was beaten at least three times that I counted with too much difficulty.

Midfield seemed overrun and I’m still not convinced about the merits of Bryson other than him running around a lot, especially if Bamba is one of the midfield three.

And why bring Tomlin on with SIX mins left??!! We were chasing the game and so surely needed to give him/someone else longer has that?

So very disappointing today. Maybe not as bad as the rubbish at Birmingham but we can’t afford too many more of these types of performances.
    Seems a bit harsh to me. I thought we were right in it before the red card. Much better than the Birmingham debacle imo.

Agree that Patterson seemed to be skinned a few times. Obviously we missed NML causing havoc and would have liked to have seen Tomlin getting more time.

Really? I didn't see it that way at all

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Me neither. There were periods when we were on top. And with 11 men we could have won. As it was, a draw wouldn't have been an unfair result.

We seem to be a team that throws in a average or bad performance once a month .

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Ok think of it this way?

Which team played football and which team kept losing possession by knocking it long?

How many saves did our keeper make versus theirs (even before we went down to 10 men)?

Aside from a few corners at the start and the frantic last 5 mins when did we threaten?

Very disappointing.

I thought we pegged them back early doors and they scored with their 1st attempt it seemed to me. We had more shots overall despite being reduced to 10.

Bogle had another great chance through on goal but slipped as he struck it. I don't think we were robbed or anything but it really didn't seem that bad under the circumstances of losing a key player after 5 mins and having a player sent off.

Ok think of it this way?

Which team played football and which team kept losing possession by knocking it long?

How many saves did our keeper make versus theirs (even before we went down to 10 men)?

Aside from a few corners at the start and the frantic last 5 mins when did we threaten?

Very disappointing.
    Bristol. Most of their attacks were long balls to Djuric or long diagonals to O'Dowda

Feeney was one-on-one twice in the first half and they were both chances which he should have buried, Bogle also went through on goal. We didn't play champagne football but neither did Bristol

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I thought we pegged them back early doors and they scored with their 1st attempt it seemed to me. We had more shots overall despite being reduced to 10.

Bogle had another great chance through on goal but slipped as he struck it. I don't think we were robbed or anything but it really didn't seem that bad under the circumstances of losing a key player after 5 mins and having a player sent off.
    I wasn't privy to the game ,I would agree however with your last few lines , also considering we still have key players like Gunners and Zohore out , and playing an inform side, perhaps a 2-1 loss when put in perspective is not such a bad result

I cannot understand why Warnock didn't play Tomlin from the start, bringing him on for the last few minutes was a waste of time?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    I cannot understand why Warnock didn't play Tomlin from the start, bringing him on for the last few minutes was a waste of time?
    I believe Warnock would’ve given him more time had he not been forced into early substitutions.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I believe Warnock would’ve given him more time had he not been forced into early substitutions.
    This is true.
    The op must have been at a different game to me

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    bollocks

Very harsh, but it is a fact that other teams are allowed to play well against us. That doesn't make us crap. But for losing M-L early on and the silly sending off, I believe that we would have got something from that game.

Peltier is a weak link and certainly not a left back and Paterson is not match fit, but City's n=best form of defence this season, is attack.

I would be surprised if Bristol City finish above us this season ..... just a bad day at the office.

For once, the international break has come at the right time

I think the next team will look a little different to today’s team.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I think the next team will look a little different to today’s team.
    Zohore, Gunnarsson, Bennett and Mendez-Laing all back in hopefully. Tomlin as well.

Etheridge

Paterson
    Bamba
    Morrison
    Bennett

Bryson/Ralls
    Gunnarsson

Mendez-Laing
    Tomlin
    Hoilett

Zohore