+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Unlucky City

Unlucky City

Pissed off to lose to the bumpkins of course, but there are positives. Despite being without Gunnar and Zohore, losing NML in the very first minute, being a man short for more than half an hour and the home team being in the form of thier lives, it sounded like we fought well, put them under a lot of pressure and could easily have come away with something.
    A full two weeks now to get eveyone fit and a good run of winnable games ahead of us.

Re: Unlucky City

Hope the international break does us good for a change. Would like to go on a decent run towards Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Hope the international break does us good for a change. Would like to go on a decent run towards Christmas.

Blue in the Face

Glad to have the international break now. Bryson, Etheridge, Peltier proved a point I thought. (& Bogle for an hour). Reckon Paterson still needs a wee bit of sharpness. Can't decide whether him playing for the Scots is a good thing or not as we still need to be careful to not over play him.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Pissed off to lose to the bumpkins of course, but there are positives. Despite being without Gunnar and Zohore, losing NML in the very first minute, being a man short for more than half an hour and the home team being in the form of thier lives, it sounded like we fought well, put them under a lot of pressure and could easily have come away with something.
    A full two weeks now to get eveyone fit and a good run of winnable games ahead of us.
    Watched the game on iFollow and agree entirely. I'm not overly bothered by the result today. This was still a good performance, although their second goal will be giving our CBs nightmare for some time to come.

What happened to Mendez? I hope it's not too bad and he can recover over the break.

10 men key players injured. Plenty still to be positive about.

I doubt we'd have lost had Bogle not fancied a rest

I don’t know if you were at the game or not but we were not unlucky. We were rubbish.

Admittedly losing NML so early is unfortunate but we were beaten by a better team, and played poorly.

Their left winger had Peltier on toast in the first half and it was no surprise there is where the goal came from and Patterson was constantly beaten with ease on the other side.

We were lucky to get it back to 1-1 and then shot ourselves in the foot with Bogle’s red card. I’d have to see it again and it may well be a red card, but I can never understand why ref’s go for the card within seconds of the incident, without taking a moment to consider the situation.

We can have no complaints today but we were not unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I don’t know if you were at the game or not but we were not unlucky. We were rubbish.

Admittedly losing NML so early is unfortunate but we were beaten by a better team, and played poorly.

Their left winger had Peltier on toast in the first half and it was no surprise there is where the goal came from and Patterson was constantly beaten with ease on the other side.

We were lucky to get it back to 1-1 and then shot ourselves in the foot with Bogle’s red card. I’d have to see it again and it may well be a red card, but I can never understand why ref’s go for the card within seconds of the incident, without taking a moment to consider the situation.

Definite red card, he two footed him

You seem to be the only poster ( two threads ) who is so negative.

No I couldn’t make it today so I was only going on what I heard via Phillips and Blakey on Radio Wales, so I was speaking more generally. The fact that we were without three important players, the sending off and the home teams run of form it seemed as though we never gave up and continued to fight right till the final whistle, so it seemed unlucky in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    You seem to be the only poster ( two threads ) who is so negative.
    I don’t know if you were at the game or not but I didn’t hear one person anyone near me who was anything other than disappeared with the performance.

Maybe they don’t post or maybe I’m just imagining it. Along with my two sons. 🤔

I think you meant disappointed old chap. Fact remains no one else has got a total downer
    on City's performance like you have ( yet ).

I wasn't there today so clearly I can't really comment on the game in fairness to you.

I was at the game and we all felt until the sending off we were the better side- albeit marginally.

Even with 10 we were close to claiming a point.

I don't think Bristol are much cop . Everything went against us today and they still ended up hanging on

I was at the game and think we were unlucky. Most of the 1 st half we looked like the home side they just sat in and counter attacked. i was having a piss when they scored so can`t comment on their goal.
    But for the sending off i was confident of at least a point.
    The negativity from our own fans is ridiculous at times.
    One last comment Peltier booked for his first challenge , then 4 fouls from them without a booking the ref was a complete HOMER.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I was at the game and we all felt until the sending off we were the better side- albeit marginally.

Even with 10 we were close to claiming a point.

I don't think Bristol are much cop . Everything went against us today and they still ended up hanging on
    That was the general feeling where I was as well

On a sidenote, how did Marlon Pack not get sent off for that tackle on Bamba?

yeah it just all went against us on Saturday Baz
    at the game I thought we was going to pinch something late on with 11 I think we could of won
    was a def red card stupid forwards "tackle"
    the red card was a factor in the result undoubtedly
    onwards and upwards though

You don't do your argument any favours when you say their left winger "had Peltier on toast". As Peltier has been playing left full back/wing back for the last few matches, he shouldn't have been anywhere near their left winger - presumably you mean their right winger?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You don't do your argument any favours when you say their left winger "had Peltier on toast". As Peltier has been playing left full back/wing back for the last few matches, he shouldn't have been anywhere near their left winger - presumably you mean their right winger?
    I can't remember a game for a long time where there have been so many polarised views on one of our players. I listened to the iPlayer commentary and watched the extended highlights (not had time for the full match) but Peltier seems to be described as either rubbish or else outstanding. My impression (not having seen it live or watched the whole match after) is that he did a very good job - especially as not in his best position and also with a harsh yellow card from early on. I know he's limited as an attacking player, but I like Peltier.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I can't remember a game for a long time where there have been so many polarised views on one of our players. I listened to the iPlayer commentary and watched the extended highlights (not had time for the full match) but Peltier seems to be described as either rubbish or else outstanding. My impression (not having seen it live or watched the whole match after) is that he did a very good job - especially as not in his best position and also with a harsh yellow card from early on. I know he's limited as an attacking player, but I like Peltier.
    Blakey said Peltier played well on the commentary.