+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bye to Sky

Re: Bye to Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I am thinking of ditching sky , packing in my job and posting full time on the message board of a side I can’t stand .
    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    fair play Jimmy, that made me laugh, which i needed on a day like today, its accounts day today January is looming
    I promise myself I won't over post. Continually do on here and reddit..its better than sitting on social media all day o suppose

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    if you are serious about not being able to record, have a look on ebay, you can buy " altered sky box's " that will allow you to record FTA stuff , i have 2 sat on my desk upstairs, you cannot let sky update the box ( so no on demand ) but it isnt the end of the world that
    Any idea if it's feasible to sort this out yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Not at all.

Plenty of time for both.

I watch loads of telly but I look fantastic.

What more proof do you need.
    Photographic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I am thinking of ditching sky , packing in my job and posting full time on the message board of a side I can’t stand .
    I'm sure Planet Swans will be chuffed to have you on board.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    My old dear even likes Netflix. Neither of us really watch sky, I've binned the upstairs one I had as it was pointless I hardly put it on between Netflix and back a bit when I'd actually use my android box (can't be arsed continually sorting that thing out)
    Don't do too badly with Netflix at home, and I'll use showbox at work. Amazon isn't that much, just had a look not so sure about the tv shows there's a few there I'd watch..and I'd pick mr robot back up too..might give the trial a go and see how I like it. Not much more than 15 quid a month for the two can't go wrong really, especially when a few of you in the house can watch it.
    The good thing about both is that you can pick them up and drop them whenever you fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Any idea if it's feasible to sort this out yourself?
    never really looked into it, i know it was the old first white 1st gen box it worked on, as they are sat on my desk upstairs

I know you need the original BLUE card aswell, as Sky failed to turn them of with a update

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Photographic.
    Ask Mrs R.

And Croesy.

They’ll confirm it.

I can watch 3 or 4 hours of tv after work.

What a slob I am.

Better stop running every morning to fit in.
    I wasn't having a dig at you or anyone else in this thread. Though, as you've taken offence, may I suggest you switch to watching breakfast telly and spend three or four hours per night running.

Britons are second only to the Yanks in the fat fecks stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I wasn't having a dig at you or anyone else in this thread. Though, as you've taken offence, may I suggest you switch to watching breakfast telly and spend three or four hours per night running.

Britons are second only to the Yanks in the fat fecks stakes.
    I didn't take offense either mate, but felt a little sarcastic at that moment in time rhats all 👍

I didn't take offense either mate, but felt a little sarcastic at that moment in time rhats all 👍
    I wouldn't be surprised if we, as a nation, were watching less TV than 20 years ago. Problem is, we are also cooking fewer meals, taking in more calories, drinking more at a younger age, and every town has a fa(s)t food joint.

It's simplistic to say TV viewing is the reason we are fatter. Wealth is the reason. If people cooked their own meals it would be a great step forward to beating obesity.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if we, as a nation, were watching less TV than 20 years ago. Problem is, we are also cooking fewer meals, taking in more calories, drinking more at a younger age, and every town has a fa(s)t food joint.

It's simplistic to say TV viewing is the reason we are fatter. Wealth is the reason. If people cooked their own meals it would be a great step forward to beating obesity.
    There is far more to do these days rather than sit there and watch tv. Depending on what time I decide to start and finish work I can easily do 4 episodes of a show, bit don't always. I'll happily go for a run. Problem is the pub is on the way home so that's an easy trap to fall into as a few I know will have a few swift ones through the week, even if they aren't there it's a local anyway..
    I don't cook as good as I could either and after the pub it's easy to think "**** it pizza in the oven" or call in the chippy/Chinese.

Oh then there's the bastard ps4.

There is far more to do these days rather than sit there and watch tv. Depending on what time I decide to start and finish work I can easily do 4 episodes of a show, bit don't always. I'll happily go for a run. Problem is the pub is on the way home so that's an easy trap to fall into as a few I know will have a few swift ones through the week, even if they aren't there it's a local anyway..
    I don't cook as good as I could either and after the pub it's easy to think "**** it pizza in the oven" or call in the chippy/Chinese.

Oh then there's the bastard ps4.
    I prefer the Xbox cnut myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I'm sure Planet Swans will be chuffed to have you on board.
    I will take your word for that one.