+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bye to Sky

Re: Bye to Sky

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    We normally do our weekly shop on Sunday in Sainsbury’s but yesterday we went to M&S instead.
    You’re getting done mate.

Get yourself down to Aldi - same stuff, different packaging, half the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I took out my Sky card last night, and could still view a large number of channels. Some of the free to air HD channels were not available (More4HD for example). I couldn't record, but I find I use iplayer these days anyway. When Sky plus first came out, we would be recording constantly - now we rarely record anyway, and I personally think recording functionality will be less of a requirement for the general public advance to one moves on.
    yeah your right mate, most people watch on Demand these days.

Id still look at getting of that Sky box all together if i was you, and get a freesat one. Will stop you going back if you are tempted and will be able to use the interactive tv guide on the Freesat box then.

Buy a NOW TV box so you can watch a bit of sport or other channels on sky as and when and bobs your uncle.

Fox is on Now TV - it is owned by Murdoch isn't it?
    yeah NOW TV is provided by sky, however you only subscribe for a month or a week or even a day. You can cancel at the click of a button.

I cancelled my NOW TV entertainment pass the other day and it offered me a 50% discount straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    You’re getting done mate.

Get yourself down to Aldi - same stuff, different packaging, half the price.
    I tried Lidl couple of times, after I got over the smell, most of the stuff I didn’t find it that much cheaper to be honest, apart from things like rola cola or whatever their version is.

I concur. But the bigger concern with Aldi shopping is the certainty of having to mingle with working class types.

I tried Lidl couple of times, after I got over the smell, most of the stuff I didn’t find it that much cheaper to be honest, apart from things like rola cola or whatever their version is.
    Lidl is ok but Aldi is much better.

Lidl = Amazon Prime
    Aldi = Netflix
    Sainsbury/Tesco/Asda = Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I concur. But the bigger concern with Aldi shopping is the certainty of having to mingle with working class types.
    Better the working class than the hummus eating tosspots of Sainsbury’s.

I used to wonder why anyone would pay for extra channels to view when there's already scores available for nowt on Freeview. Then I looked at the stats for personal debt levels in the UK and the massive number of fatties wobbling along pavements and wondered no more.

I used to wonder why anyone would pay for extra channels to view when there's already scores available for nowt on Freeview. Then I looked at the stats for personal debt levels in the UK and the massive number of fatties wobbling along pavements and wondered no more.
    Or maybe people just want to watch something other than Eastenders and Bargain Hunt?

More TV watching equals less exercise and increasing numbers of morbidly obese.

Not at all.

Plenty of time for both.

I watch loads of telly but I look fantastic.

What more proof do you need.

Unlike the more aerobic sitting in front of a computer typing away on a message board

Unlike the more aerobic sitting in front of a computer typing away on a message board
    Go eat your hummus.

Netflix has been a complete revolution to our TV viewing at home. It is dirt cheap.

Amazon is quite good (seems to be a better choice of movies, some good TV shows) but I would sacrifice that if I could only afford one of the two.

I find the lip sync issues on Amazon quite often - especially the UHD stuff - but have no such issues on Netflix.

Both are worth their fees, imo.
    My old dear even likes Netflix. Neither of us really watch sky, I've binned the upstairs one I had as it was pointless I hardly put it on between Netflix and back a bit when I'd actually use my android box (can't be arsed continually sorting that thing out)
    Don't do too badly with Netflix at home, and I'll use showbox at work. Amazon isn't that much, just had a look not so sure about the tv shows there's a few there I'd watch..and I'd pick mr robot back up too..might give the trial a go and see how I like it. Not much more than 15 quid a month for the two can't go wrong really, especially when a few of you in the house can watch it.

Fox is on Now TV - it is owned by Murdoch isn't it?
    Yes, NOW TV is just " sky lite " everyway

infact, we used to have NOWTV for the movies, £10 a month instead of £18 with Sky, it didnt make sense as at the time, the package had no difference, now it only have 600 movies on demand instead of the over 1000 on sky

We normally do our weekly shop on Sunday in Sainsbury’s but yesterday we went to M&S instead.
    Pathetic , we are trying to have a serious debate here with disloyal Jirga playing the tune and you bring up shopping .
    Mike ban this guy .

I concur

it is rather like a holiday down trecco bay or Walt disney world

I can watch 3 or 4 hours of tv after work.

What a slob I am.

Better stop running every morning to fit in.

I am thinking of ditching sky , packing in my job and posting full time on the message board of a side I can’t stand .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I am thinking of ditching sky , packing in my job and posting full time on the message board of a side I can’t stand .
    Calm down mate. Your stood there pissing petrol all over the fire

I took out my Sky card last night, and could still view a large number of channels. Some of the free to air HD channels were not available (More4HD for example). I couldn't record, but I find I use iplayer these days anyway. When Sky plus first came out, we would be recording constantly - now we rarely record anyway, and I personally think recording functionality will be less of a requirement for the general public advance to one moves on.
    if you are serious about not being able to record, have a look on ebay, you can buy " altered sky box's " that will allow you to record FTA stuff , i have 2 sat on my desk upstairs, you cannot let sky update the box ( so no on demand ) but it isnt the end of the world that

They don’t mention that in the Aldi/ Lidl adverts .

fair play Jimmy, that made me laugh, which i needed on a day like today, its accounts day today January is looming

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Calm down mate. Your stood there pissing petrol all over the fire
    That sound dangerous ?

That sound dangerous ?
    Would probably explain the stinging feel I get when I pee i suppose Jim