+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bye to Sky

Bye to Sky

Happily quit Sky now that my 60% off contract has ended. But, their arrogance is astonishing.

"What will you do for TV now?" - "I'll just subscribe to Netflix and watch Freeview". "You can't compare Netflix to us". "True, I'm paying you to fill up 20 minutes of every hour with adverts".

When they called to check that I still wanted to cancel

"What will you do for TV now?" "I'm getting BT for £20 a month" "But they don't have 340 channels like we do" "Hmmm, but how many of those 240 are time lapsed channels, shopping channels, religious channels and Urdu/Bangladeshi channels".

Actually, once you knock all those channels off, the only thing I would lose are the Sky channels. BT Sport is getting more rights, and is in UHD, and in a couple of years everything will be internet based anyway. Sky is ridiculously overpriced, and their Unique Selling Point has long since disappeared.

Re: Bye to Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Happily quit Sky now that my 60% off contract has ended. But, their arrogance is astonishing.

"What will you do for TV now?" - "I'll just subscribe to Netflix and watch Freeview". "You can't compare Netflix to us". "True, I'm paying you to fill up 20 minutes of every hour with adverts".

"What will you do for TV now?" "I'm getting BT for £20 a month" "But they don't have 340 channels like we do" "Hmmm, but how many of those 240 are time lapsed channels, shopping channels, religious channels and Urdu/Bangladeshi channels".

Actually, once you knock all those channels off, the only thing I would lose are the Sky channels. BT Sport is getting more rights, and is in UHD, and in a couple of years everything will be internet based anyway. Sky is ridiculously overpriced, and their Unique Selling Point has long since disappeared.
    I'm going to get rid of sky also. In fact Virgin TV itself is awful, the 'tivo' box constantly freezing. If I can get over the aerial problem I'll try NOW tv, where I can pick a game and pay for it -at present I watch only 1 in 5/6..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'm going to get rid of sky also. In fact Virgin TV itself is awful, the 'tivo' box constantly freezing. If I can get over the aerial problem I'll try NOW tv, where I can pick a game and pay for it -at present I watch only 1 in 5/6..
    Isn't NowTV internet based - so no need for an aerial? I'm planning on using it once in a blue moon when I need to binge watch a series, or watch a big sport weekend.

iptv for me...

iptv job done

Isn't NowTV internet based - so no need for an aerial? I'm planning on using it once in a blue moon when I need to binge watch a series, or watch a big sport weekend.
    you may be right -just seen other posts aa well re IPTV. Need to do some serious research as there's lot's of choice out there..

Good move I binned them last year. More than happy with BT only channels I missed was Sky 1 and Sports News. But I don't even miss them now. If I want to watch a game then I go to the pub.

Gave up SKY almost a year ago and don’t miss it at all.
    Netflix is brilliant. Some cracking films and tv series like Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Making A Murderer, Stranger Things, Black Mirror etc etc.
    SKY is a complete rip off

Just bought a new house and moving in within the next fortnight. What’s the best package I can get with sport (Sky and BT), it all seems overly expensive to the point that I’m not going to bother.
    What’s the going rate per month?

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    iptv for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by C1C9F2C7 View Post
    iptv job done
    Got rid of Sky 6 months ago and went to IPTV. Still have access to all Sky channels, including HD, plus BT and about 1,000 others worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    Got rid of Sky 6 months ago and went to IPTV. Still have access to all Sky channels, including HD, plus BT and about 1,000 others worldwide.
    Oh, I forgot ...... £65 for the year

Got rid of sky went down
    To basic TV package package viar Virgin, kept broadband ,bought in Amazon which has paid for itself on free postage and early prime deals for Xmas gifts, bought in Netflix ,great choice.

Watch sky , BT sports for fiver a year via local club ,with discounted beer .

Keeping the local economy live not adding to Ruperts global march .

NOW tv and a good internet connection is the way forward 👍

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Just bought a new house and moving in within the next fortnight. What’s the best package I can get with sport (Sky and BT), it all seems overly expensive to the point that I’m not going to bother.
    What’s the going rate per month?
    NOW tv very good. Get good deals on that all the time

Well done.... I did the same at the start of the year when they put the price up without telling me, I noticed on my direct debit and queried it.
    The cheeky fùckers initially were so matter of fact about it all, don't think they thought I'd do it but I was so angry.
    Was thinking of cancelling but that was the last straw.

The usual "please come back" letters and discounts since but they will never get another penny off me!

Don't miss it at all tbh and found it strangely liberating.

The Murdoch empire is a creakin'!

Banned

I for one will miss your unbiased analysis of the Championship now that your Sky subscription has ended.
    All good things .....

Got to be honest, once my sky deal expires I'll be binning the whole thing.
    Since I've started with Netflix and Amazon I barely watch 'normal' telly any more. Apart from game of thrones and walking dead there's nothing I actually bother watching through sky these days.

As for the football, let's be honest the premier league is mostly dull crap. I'm struggling to think of one decent game I've seen so far this season. Looking forward to man city v arsenal tomorrow but as for mourinho's team of spoilers after that I'll probably go for a nice long shit instead.

Amazon and Netflix for telly. Pub for the footy will do me once my time is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    I for one will miss your unbiased analysis of the Championship now that your Sky subscription has ended.
    All good things .....
    Shame we can't end your subscription ya moaning turd.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Shame I'm a moaning turd.
    Since I've started with Netflix and Amazon I barely watch 'normal' telly any more. Apart from game of thrones and walking dead there's nothing I actually bother watching through sky these days.

As for the football, let's be honest the premier league is mostly dull crap. I'm struggling to think of one decent game I've seen so far this season. Looking forward to man city v arsenal tomorrow but as for mourinho's team of spoilers after that I'll probably go for a nice long shit instead.

IRONY at it's finest

IRONY at it's finest
    Too easy Mandy.

All good things .....
    Not sure if that was meant for me or not but the news is that not having Sky does not mean one does not have access to Championship football

In fact now I think about it, it could not have been for me as I have no reason to be biased (my job does not rely on football propaganda) though I may be guilty of looking for positives in Cardiff City performances.
    Unlike some I could mention

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Not sure if that was meant for me or not but the news is that not having Sky does not mean one does not have access to Champuinship football

In fact now I think about it, it could not have been for me as I have no reason to be biased (my job does not rely on football propaganda) though I may be guilty of looking for positives in Cardiff City performances.
    Unlike some I could mention
    I think he's pissed again. A regular occurrence on a Friday and Saturday night.

Banned

Too easy Mandy.
    You are indeed.

You are indeed.
    Your mother.

LOL