+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Strangely confident after today??

Strangely confident after today??

Bodes very well that one of the supposed better sides in the division who have scored plenty this season, still struggled against us at home, with only 10 men for most of the second half.

Onwards and upwards and I feel strangely confident after today??

Re: Strangely confident after today??

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Bodes very well that one of the supposed better sides in the division who have scored plenty this season, still struggled against us at home, with only 10 men for most of the second half.

Yes, this had a far more positive feel to it than recent games such as Millwall and Derby, where we picked up points.

I can't say that I felt Bristol City deserved the win in any way. As for them being this supposed great footballing side - really?

Sometimes you get more out a defeat than a victory. This feels like one of those. With our players coming back we have nothing to fear...although Wolves are looking good.
    Touch wood results going our way so far. We could still be 2nd after today.

Normally if we lose on a Friday evening or lunchtime Saturday, it’s ruins my weekend and I just can’t be bothered with football for at least a few days. I don’t feel anywhere near as bad as I expected to, and I share your confidence. We’re going to lose games here and there but as we’ve already showed this season we have it in us to bounce back. You just can’t see this team under NW going on a run of defeats, there’s too much team spirit and fight in them. Plenty to look forward to.

Agree entirely with what's been said. Everything conspired against City today, but heads never dropped and I wouldn't have been surprised if they had nicked an equaliser.

I said something similar on the way back from Bristol

Bristol are nothing special and I'd be surprised if they're still up there come the end of the season. For a "footballing side" all they did was pump it up to their number 22 despite having a man advantage

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I said something similar on the way back from Bristol

Bristol are nothing special and I'd be surprised if they're still up there come the end of the season. For a "footballing side" all they did was pump it up to their number 22 despite having a man advantage
    We lost to Bristol City ffs.
    There is nothing positive in that.
    The only things that lot should be able to best us in are loving your sister , chewing on carrots & the buying & selling of fellow human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Normally if we lose on a Friday evening or lunchtime Saturday, it’s ruins my weekend and I just can’t be bothered with football for at least a few days. I don’t feel anywhere near as bad as I expected to, and I share your confidence. We’re going to lose games here and there but as we’ve already showed this season we have it in us to bounce back. You just can’t see this team under NW going on a run of defeats, there’s too much team spirit and fight in them. Plenty to look forward to.
    This exactly. With our missing first team players, NML going off so early, them going ahead and then being reduced to 10 men I really thought we'd get a pummelling a la our humiliation of them in the 0-6 at their place.

If anything, they sank into their shells content with the 2-1 and we could've nicked a draw after some spells of pressure.

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand the bumpkin wurzel inbred family shagging slave traders, but I've never felt this relaxed after a loss to them.

It's quite bizarre! Come on City!!

I suppose it was to be expected that they’d raise their game for their cup final, but whilst I’m heartened by the comments above, even though it doesn’t happen that often, I hate losing to that bunch.

So it's not just me. I really thought we were going to get an equalizer. But when we didn't, I was only mildly disappointed. We lost to the Wurzels yesterday and I'm totally over it today. Weird.

Its nice to see so many positive comments.We had 10 men and in the end they were hanging on. We have a lot to look forward to spread the word and help swell the crowds.
    I hope Kadeem Harris can get fit soon.Would love to see him coming on once the game has opened up.His pace would be a real asset to us when defenders are tired.Would also let Laing and Hoilett have a breather.

the sending off was a huge factor in our loss (no arguments with red it was a forwards tackle if it was on us we would demand a red)
    the ref did seem to be inconsistent though
    this is not sour grapes but I think we could of got something from game even when down to 10
    L.P. had a shocker of a game
    but like yourself mate I do feel strangely confidant for the rest of the season too