+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The sack race

The sack race

There are a few runners and riders. Who is your money on?

Slutsky at Hull

"We don't have a strong mentality, we don't have a team spirit," Slutsky told BBC Radio Humberside following the defeat at Bramall Lane.

"It's very bad, it's terrible and I'm very angry."

Bilic at West Ham

"The pressure mounts game by game and at this moment it is big.

"My situation is very difficult, we will see what the club will do."

Clement at Swansea

"If we perform at that level, you can't expect to win a game.

"I see a team low on confidence and I see a crowd frustrated but there is nobody more low and frustrated than me. The responsibility is down to me, the staff and the players."

Pulis at West Brom

"We are in the results business and these results mean there's some pressure on me.

"I am disappointed professionally."

How about Leeds' manager? Lost six out of the last seven league games.

Re: The sack race

Leeds Mgr first followed by Slutsky at Hull, Clements , then Slade as he's in a quarterly cycle .

Swansea have got Burnley and Bournemouth next.
    If they don't get at least 4 points from those 2 then I can see Clement going with Coleman taking over.

Bilic will be gone this week. 2 weeks for West Ham to get in a replacement.

If they carry on with him, then I can realistically see a loss away at Watford & a loss at home to Leicester...before a 50/50 game against a terrible Everton team.

Clement will stay at Swansea until nearer the transfer window, as I can't think of anyone around at the moment who'd want to go there (and is decent).

Pulis will stick with WBA for the season as there are very few better at keeping teams in the PL (in an ugly way)

Slutsky to be gone by NYE.

...imo

The race for "BIG SAM" is on

It’s a good point - there are a few managers who are good at taking a relegation team and keeping them up.

But the longer owners wait the more chance they will be snapped up.

I can see one getting sacked and then a few more follow suit straight away as they persue Sam

Old square face must love this time of year.

Billic looks on the dodgyest ground, WH look a shambles particularly at the back but I can't see Sam going back there somehow.

Doubt Clement will go as the problems lie upstairs unlike West Ham's.
    Also agree with the chef, anyone decent will give the Jack's a wide birth.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Swansea have got Burnley and Bournemouth next.
    If they don't get at least 4 points from those 2 then I can see Clement going with Coleman taking over.
    Coleman already said he won't go there, citing family members living in the area - an implicit "when I f*ck it up, they'll be targetted" comment.

Coleman's chance of a Prem gig was after the Euros. Figured he'd hang on longer, probably to try to boost his demands.

Slutsky should stick with microeconomic consumer theory

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Pulis at West Brom

"We are in the results business and these results mean there's some pressure on me.

"I am disappointed professionally."
    Makes me wonder sometimes, when some managers are 'frank and open' (perhaps like TP is here) - are some of them actually angling for it?
    I mean, getting the boot gets them out of an uninspiring, maybe difficult situation, probably grants them a handsome pay-off - and we know! - many would walk into yet another plum job as soon as they were ready to legally able to do so.

Though I'm sure TP is a battler.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Makes me wonder sometimes, when some managers are 'frank and open' (perhaps like TP is here) - are some of them actually angling for it?
    I mean, getting the boot gets them out of an uninspiring, maybe difficult situation, probably grants them a handsome pay-off - and we know! - many would walk into yet another plum job as soon as they were ready to legally able to do so.

Though I'm sure TP is a battler.
    I got that feeling with Billic too. It's like you say, nice pay off with decent prospects elsewhere.