+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Full of hope for the rest of the season

Full of hope for the rest of the season

We might not go up, but after the last few seasons isn't it great just to be in with a shout.

I think with a lot of players coming back from injury now, Tomlin getting a start against Ipswich and the emergence of Patterson we have the squad to compete for the next few months.

A bit of tinkering after Christmas with perhaps a replacement for Feeney who's loan will be finished and maybe one in for Pilks who I expect to leave might give us just a bit more edge.

We've also got a long run of games where I see nothing to fear and am hopeful of a decent points haul.

Brentford up next and although they are the form team, they looked vulnerable at the back against a Leeds side who don't have the options up front we do and who also may struggle a little physically against us.
    Then Barnsley, never an easy trip, but a side who are struggling. Forest, inconsistent and a place we often do well. Norwich at home, no mugs, but struggling a bit in the last few weeks. Reading away, inconsistent again.

Hull at home, another side short of confidence.

Bolton away, picked up a bit, but there for the taking.

Fulham at home struggling against teams who press them and Preston who are dropping like a stone.

Then onto QPR who again should hold no fear.

I'd hope to get 20 points from these 10 games, which should keep us in touch

Re: Full of hope for the rest of the season

Agree with you Tim, although Brentford were very impressive going forward.

We have to move away from 5 at the back, especially as we play with 2 wingers and sort out the midfield combo. Gunna, Damour and Tomlin for me with Ralls as backup.

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    Agree with you Tim, although Brentford were very impressive going forward.

We have to move away from 5 at the back, especially as we play with 2 wingers and sort out the midfield combo. Gunna, Damour and Tomlin for me with Ralls as backup.
    I'd agree with you although we have got the option now of playing 2 proper wing backs with Bennett and Patterson.

Problem is that squeezes NML and Hoillet infield.

Can go 3-5-2 with say Ward and Zohore up and maybe Ralls, Gunner and Tomlin in the middle.

Or 3-4-3. With only 2 Cm but with NML and Hoillet in the front 3 helping out in the middle and Zohore up front

Or back to 4-4-2, 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 😂

For me Gunner and Ralls always take up the 2 central positions and then it's just whether you play an attacking mid with them or 2 wingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I'd agree with you although we have got the option now of playing 2 proper wing backs with Bennett and Patterson.

Problem is that squeezes NML and Hoillet infield.

Can go 3-5-2 with say Ward and Zohore up and maybe Ralls, Gunner and Tomlin in the middle.

Or 3-4-3. With only 2 Cm but with NML and Hoillet in the front 3 helping out in the middle and Zohore up front

Or back to 4-4-2, 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 😂

For me Gunner and Ralls always take up the 2 central positions and then it's just whether you play an attacking mid with them or 2 wingers.
    Ralls has to play.

Ralls does a lot of fetching and carrying that goes unheralded and his tackling back has rescued a few tricky situations in recent matches. I feel his contribution is under rated by many, but we have plenty of midfield options as has been said above, so why not mix it up a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I think we are only just starting to get going, so far it's just been a warm up. The bench looks very strong, Im not concerned about the defence or midfield, Not sure if Bogul, Ken or Wardy will have enough goals in them, but there again if you are keeping clean sheets you only need a goal to win it.
    Bogle has scored 2 in a game and a half.

I felt exactly the same after the match yesterday Tim:

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...nt-after-today

Ah yes. Just read it now.

👍

I'm guilty of doing it myself, but the Championship is the last league in the world where you should look ten games ahead and say we should expect two points a game because our fixtures look easier than they have been. Get our important players fit and firing and I think we can keep our challenge going because we've already proved we can beat the top sides, but we lack guile when faced with a massed defence - perhaps a Tomlin without that court case hanging over him can provide it?

Gunner Ralls Tomlin for me in the middle. NML Hoillet Zahore up top.

Even if we dont go up. We will see entertaining football

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Gunner Ralls Tomlin for me in the middle. NML Hoillet Zahore up top.

Even if we dont go up. We will see entertaining football
    This. I think that set up will trouble a lot of defences in the Championship.

I thought this was a post about the Jacks.