We might not go up, but after the last few seasons isn't it great just to be in with a shout.

I think with a lot of players coming back from injury now, Tomlin getting a start against Ipswich and the emergence of Patterson we have the squad to compete for the next few months.

A bit of tinkering after Christmas with perhaps a replacement for Feeney who's loan will be finished and maybe one in for Pilks who I expect to leave might give us just a bit more edge.

We've also got a long run of games where I see nothing to fear and am hopeful of a decent points haul.

Brentford up next and although they are the form team, they looked vulnerable at the back against a Leeds side who don't have the options up front we do and who also may struggle a little physically against us.
Then Barnsley, never an easy trip, but a side who are struggling. Forest, inconsistent and a place we often do well. Norwich at home, no mugs, but struggling a bit in the last few weeks. Reading away, inconsistent again.

Hull at home, another side short of confidence.

Bolton away, picked up a bit, but there for the taking.

Fulham at home struggling against teams who press them and Preston who are dropping like a stone.

Then onto QPR who again should hold no fear.

I'd hope to get 20 points from these 10 games, which should keep us in touch